Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

But the page turned, and the Yoshis grew happy!

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

Another new update: just some info about Poke Balls (because we don't know how they work already!) and one of the Pokemon potentially hidden inside.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

It'll be interesting to see how they work out what's in the Balls this time, as Brawl has two extra generations of Pokemon to sift through (Melee only covered up to G2, a.k.a. Gold/Silver/Crystal).

*zomgEDIT*

Though it looks like they added Groudon, and unwittingly confirmed that Pokemon Staduim is going to return to Brawl as a stage.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

We've known about the stage since the 2nd trailer in November.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

They had it in there? I must've forgotten...

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

I'm kind of disappointed Groudon just sits there looking menacing. I mean, in the games this thing used it's control over lava to form all the land on earth, I don't think being "very hot to touch" really justifies that power.

It'd be cooler if he were like a bigger Entei.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Yeah, I figured they'd give him Eruption or something, creating lava pillars all over the field...

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

And today's update is... How to recover.

Lame.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

It looks like Mario gets a bit more height with his ^B. Maybe Sakurai realized that Jumpman should not have only average jump stats at best.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Maybe that means he falls a bit faster in this game.

Also, the backround for the Battlefield sure looks purty.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Two characters today - Pikachu and Kirby. Doesn't sound like much has changed for either of them.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Will be playable with Classic controller, Gamecube controller, Wiimote+nunchuk, or Wiimote turned on its side
Now that's something new...

So I'll take a guess here - 1,2 for B,A, D-pad for movement, tilt controller in appropriate direction to run. Jump purely via up? Smash by tilting controller in appropriate direction at appropriate time? That still leaves grab/shield. Using A for that would be pretty awkward... I don't have a Wii controller on hand, but maybe B could be used?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

So I guess I wasn't COMPLETELY off with my guesses earlier, then. Only question is if and how they implement tilt or shaking into the control scheme - I sincerely doubt they'll use it for simply walking around, though. Using it for Smash Attacks seems plausible, however.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I guess the choice of implementing all these control schemes confirms the superiority of the HAL Laboratory.

Well, that and Snake being in the game.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

**Nevermind**
And yeah, that was the most substantial news on the new blog so far.
Last edited by Brazillian Cara on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

edit: fu cara

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Sniffnoy wrote:So I'll take a guess here - 1,2 for B,A, D-pad for movement, tilt controller in appropriate direction to run. Jump purely via up? Smash by tilting controller in appropriate direction at appropriate time? That still leaves grab/shield. Using A for that would be pretty awkward... I don't have a Wii controller on hand, but maybe B could be used?
Honestly, I can't see sideWii being a very good control format. Even the Wiichuk style is probably going to be crap. They're probably just implementing it so that there's a way to play the game with the most basic controller (assuming one misplaces the nunchuk), without having to buy a new controller, but giving those with the extra cash (or leftover Cubetrollers) the better controls.

I do like that he suggests that the Cubetroller is probably the best option.

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

They probably brought in all the control styles so as many people can play at once with as few of controllers as possible.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Maybe the multiple controllers opens the possibility of matches with MORE than 4 players at once...?

Yeah, I know, that'd be chaos. But you never know...!

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Shadow Hog wrote:Maybe the multiple controllers opens the possibility of matches with MORE than 4 players at once...?

Yeah, I know, that'd be chaos. But you never know...!
Well, I read they do have 5-player working on the Turbografx-16 games... and Melee could have up to 6 characters fighting at once, even if not 6 players...

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Well, I read they do have 5-player working on the Turbografx-16 with the second controgames... and Melee could have up to 6 characters fighting at once, even if not 6 players...
Only 6? Why not 8?

Also, Saturn for the 6-player adapter, and Saturn Bomberman for making use of two of them at once port. :D

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Nintendo should do an arcade version of the game, if as "you" posted before Arcade machines aren’t death, I’m sure that with the better hardware and up to 8 players at the same time, it would generate lots of cash.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

G.Silver wrote:
Well, I read they do have 5-player working on the Turbografx-16 with the second controgames... and Melee could have up to 6 characters fighting at once, even if not 6 players...
Only 6? Why not 8?

Also, Saturn for the 6-player adapter, and Saturn Bomberman for making use of two of them at once port. :D
8 would be great for Brawl - well, I mean, it would probably be awful to play, but it would still be great to have - but I just meant that Melee could have up to 6 in the various special 1-player matches, as well if you went through the debug mode.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Speaking of the Saturn (tangent!) I saw a copy of the original Virtual On in a store a while back hidden nearly out of sight. At around five bucks is it worth picking up if I own VO:OT?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Yes.