Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I think it might be a little much to hope for alternate character models. The most significant addition in Melee was giving Pikachu different colored party hats.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I'd honestly be surprised if Link doesn't at least have his alternate tunics from Twilight Princess.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Hands on preview at IGN

Some of the new details they reveal is that there are Metroid, Drill Dozer and Advance Wars assist trophies and Dark Link is one of Link's alternate costumes. They seem pretty positive overall and have a surprisingly high amount of praise for the remote only control scheme.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

This is strange, I remember reading last year that Sakurai himself told GameCube owners not to throw away their controllers. Maybe this is one of the reasons behind the delay, too?

And I sincerely hope that Sonic gets just a little of a "special treatment" in respect to character-specific extras or accessories. Maybe like a form of rehab from SEGA's general suckiness.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Here's a little extra bit from the USA liveblog on IGN that Gaz didn't mention:
IGN Liveblog of USA Nintendo Press Conference wrote::47 a.m.: Link and Sonic are now fighting in the Star Fox level. Wow. The ship is flying through wormholes as you battle. Other craft soar by in the foreground and background. Extremely gorgeous. So clean and amazingly fast with detailed particle effects exploding in every direction. The game is going to be an addiction, plain and simple. Sonic becomes Super Sonic, "which basically means he can just fly around and pummel me at will," explains Nintendo rep.

9:46 a.m.: Wii remote held classically simplifies the controls. Move with the D-Pad. Shield attack is mapped to the B-trigger, which takes the most getting used to.
So he's technically like Yoshi's or Diddy Kong's FS then...

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

The new video called Characters & Levels shows the character and level selection screens and Sonic is selectable! could he be a starting character ?

http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/748/7 ... ids_1.html
Sonic becomes Super Sonic, "which basically means he can just fly around and pummel me at will," explains Nintendo rep.
Nice, we've been waiting for a controllable Super Sonic for how many years now?
Last edited by Dasher on Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Most likely. I could *maybe* understand Snake being an unlockable, but Sonic in Brawl has the potential of being one of the gamne's biggest selling points, so they'd be crazy NOT to have him unlocked from the start.

Also, that "character select" screen is from the demo version--the version most likely playable at the E for All convention.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Smash Bros. Dojo is being unveiled worldwide in 6+1 languages. (This is the main page where you select your language. The "+1" simply stands for the subtle differences between American and British English.)

In the Japanese version, you can enjoy the Japanese, original version of this song. On the pages for the other languages, you can enjoy a version for which the Treehouse at Nintendo of America recorded the vocals.
So...I bet that if you want certain Japanese songs and voices you will have to import this one.

Also... IGN hands on Sonic.
Sonic is also an interesting fighter, as he has a ton of seeking moves. A regular special attack sends him spinning into the air at what seems to be the nearest character, delivering a combo of hits in the process. Pushing up and special will make use of the classic Sonic springboard, jumping off a randomly-appearing spring pad, pushing Sonic higher into the air than any other fighter we've seen in the Smash series.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Videos!

Link vs Sonic(with Sonic's final smash--Super Sonic appearance!)
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/15372

Mario vs Samus(Samus' final smash along with a new assist trophy in action--Advance Wars!)
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/15373

4-player action
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/15401

Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

God damn, they're really appealing to everyone with this game.

Who's next, Master Chief?

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Of course it'll be Master Chief. Microsoft hates selling XBox 360s.

And slapping every popular character into a basic fighting game isn't exactly "appealing" to everyone.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Man oh man, Seeing Sonic using Smash bros items such as light sabers and baseball bats is really fun! oh and BTW the light Saber looks awesome now! its light blue and stuff not purple.

The unique character entrance is great! the Starfox level looks awesome!

Super Sonic will PWN J00!! nuff said! hes crazy! just fly around knocking people silly just like in the good old days only better! you fly in any direction! gotta be careful though hes fast! very fast.

Man, online battles with Sonic will be my new hobby yep!
Last edited by Dasher on Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

I noticed in those videos that they're bringing back those character entrances. That was something I always liked about the original Smash Brothers.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Yeah, Sonic just comes spinning into the stage...while Link comes out of a whirlwind? cannot tell.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I think the next most likely 3rd party character is Pacman, with NiGHTS at a close second. Oh, and if they're still using clone characters, we might get Metal Sonic, but probably will be stuck with Shadow. I guess Megaman is possible, but Capcom doesn't have as close a relationship to Nintendo as Namco or SEGA does.

I don't think they'll have more than one or two more 3rd party characters, though. I just think the ones mentioned above are the likely candidates for those slots.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

This game is now the most beautiful game for the nintendo wii, everything flows so smoothly... the glorious textures caress my eyes and the effects dazzle my senses. And has anyone else noticed that sonic's model looks just as good as his StH 06 one?; har har, the greatness of it all almost makes the head-crunching (though perfectly acceptable) delay bearable.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Ah guess what?

The original battle results screen returns! remember? the one where the losers in the background applaud to the winner up front, in this case MetaKnight.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Esrever wrote:I think the next most likely 3rd party character is Pacman, with NiGHTS at a close second. Oh, and if they're still using clone characters, we might get Metal Sonic, but probably will be stuck with Shadow. I guess Megaman is possible, but Capcom doesn't have as close a relationship to Nintendo as Namco or SEGA does.
I don't know about that. There had to be some sort of deal based on the recent development concerning Monster Hunter 3. ;)

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Post by Dr. SEGA Monkey »

My guess is Pac-man too. Pac-man was playable in Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2....and Namco also helped Nintendo and SEGA develop the Triforce arcade board.

Or it could be that other guy....what's his name....Kloona or something? He looks like a Sonic character....

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I'd completely forgotten about the Namco Mario Kart games. Precedence is a powerful thing.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Come to think of it, Klonoa is a pretty cool prospect, but how many people out there actually asked for him?

Also, am I wrong for expecting something out of Treasure? I recall hearing somewhere that a character from Sin and Punishment had been considered for inclusion long before even Melee, and I'm assuming Gunstar's had a fairly decent run on the VC- Smash Daisaku as a playable character and/or 7 Force as an AT would be sublime. Of course, the dreamer in me pines for Silhouette Mirage's Shyna, but that'd be a serious stretch.

WB
Drano Master

Post by WB »

My need and wanton desire for this game has no size limit. :D

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Ritz wrote:Of course, the dreamer in me pines for Silhouette Mirage's Shyna, but that'd be a serious stretch.
That's Sinner, Ritz. And I'm sure she'd be the hardest character to master in the game, she'd be like a SFIII's Gill.

Also, if including as many popular (and some obscure) characters into your brawler as possible isn't "appealing to everyone", then I definitely don't know what it is.

EDIT: Oh, there's no pinball-style Final Smash. :(

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Isuka wrote:That's Sinner, Ritz.
"Neutlarva" sounds disgusting, so you can take your weeaboo shit and go home.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

I think Bomberman is more likely than either Mega Man or Pac-Man. Wario appeared in that one Bomberman game, after all, and Pac-Man would be a bit lame.