Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Yami CJMErl

Re: Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Post by Yami CJMErl »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cU0viDy2mI

=O

O=

=O=

:shock: HOLY SHIT. Nintendo's done what SEGA hasn't! AGAIN! :grin:

(that being giving us a "long" version of His World w/o vocals, that ISN'T the beta version)

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

A guy on the smash boards is slowly converting the whole soundtrack to mp3... he's put together a preview rar file of some of the songs, and the instrumental his world is in there:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141013

It's pretty fantastic. Definitely the one used in that old trailer for Sonic '06... the one with the solo guitar covering the tune.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Interesting stuff heheheh. :PY:

If "You Can do anything" makes it, this game will pwn all. :ring:

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141093

There's some rumblings going on there that suggest that data for Roy, Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Plusle and Minun, and Tetra/Toon Zelda were left over in the game.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Man...what is this, lets hope they exist...somewhere.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

I'm pretty sure that's just leftover referencing; there doesn't seem to be any indication that any comprehensible data remains.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

The final selection:
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Scrap Brain Zone
  • Emerald Hill Zone
  • Angel Island Zone
  • Sonic Boom
  • Super Sonic Racing
  • Open Your Heart
  • Live & Learn
  • Sonic Heroes
  • Right There, Ride On
  • His World
  • Seven Rings in Hand
No "You Can Do Anything" to be found. Nothing from Sonic CD's Japanese soundtrack at all, in fact. But don't worry, classics like "Sonic Heroes" and "Seven Rings in Hand" were specially picked to ensure the best quality selection of tunes ever, yes!

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Just out of curiosity, which part of "You Can Do Anything" makes it better than Sonic Boom or Sonic Heroes? Is it the amazing Fat-Albert-esque rapping?

EIGHT, EIGHT, SAY DON'T BE LATE!

HEAD'S UP, JAKE!

I do like the song, but I like it in the same way that I like Boom and Heroes and most of the other outrageously cheesy, over-the-top Sonic vocal tracks. It's stupid and fun, but not exactly a particularly hefty musical achievement.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Mostly the little otaku in me that preferred the Japanese soundtrack, really, being somewhat incensed that the US soundtrack got the pick over the other one. I'm sure I'll get over it, particularly since I actually like "Sonic Boom" anyway.

aso

Post by aso »

The presence of "Super Sonic Racing" makes up for "Sonic Boom" any day of the week.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

The vocal songs outnumber the non-vocal songs. I don't understand why they did that. I would have liked Star Light Zone and a non-vocal Sonic - You Can Do Everything ala Green Hills Zone on Game Gear's Sonic 2.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I think it's probably just because those vocal themes are, for the most part, the most memorable and widely recognized tracks from the last ten years of Sonic games. Unlike most (all?) Nintendo games, most of the post-genesis Sonic games have had vocals of some kind in their main themes. And the main themes are the most logical songs to choose, especially when you are apparently only picking one song from each game.

I never really thought there was anything notable about that until now, when I'm listening to the Sonic music alongside the completely instrumental theme songs for Mario Sunshine and Twilight Princess and Kirby and Metal Gear and Star Fox. But now that I think about it, I suppose the Sonic themes have become pretty uniquely vocal-heavy, at least among the ranks of the rest of the gaming old guard. I guess it's really a part of the franchise's distinct identity at this point.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

SonicTeam games in general have been pretty vocal-heavy whenever the platform's sound hardware allowed for discernible vocals (Mega CD, Saturn and every other home console since).
On You Can Do Anything, I like the non-rapping parts the best (Naganuma's tracks take the cake in this regard), but overall early Hataya's work isn't as catchy or memorable than it was in the NiGHTS era.
Locit wrote:It's Silver. They're all normal. Shadow is an AT. Kirby scalps Sonic. Deal with it.
... Dirty conformist. :(

Dr. SEGA Monkey

Post by Dr. SEGA Monkey »

Yami CJMErl wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cU0viDy2mI

=O

O=

=O=

(that being giving us a "long" version of His World w/o vocals, that ISN'T the beta version)
The long version was actually already released a while back as a bonus track on the OST.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Dr. SEGA Monkey wrote:
Yami CJMErl wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cU0viDy2mI

=O

O=

=O=

The long version was actually already released a while back as a bonus track on the OST.
Yeah, but this is longer than that. (Since it's a looping track (unlike the OST version), it could feasibly go on forever, too...)

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Ugh, Iizuka really had a hand in picking the Sonic songs.

Sonic Heroes *vomits*

I dont know... "right there, right on" is mindless and repetitive... ugh, wouldve preffered Sonic Rush's main theme instead, you know the one that plays on the special stage, the last boss music not the extra one or better yet! the Sonic Rush Leaf Storm E3 beta song.

Super Sonic Racing is fun but feels overused somehow, still im not complaining its in as I like that song.

But I guess they chose those songs to please every generation Sonic fan..so the list is plausible I guess. :PG:

So Shadow the only AT? well, Snake only has Grey Fox so it makes sense I guess...

K2J

Post by K2J »

Oddly, the version of Sonic Heroes they used omits the second verse, which actually has a lot more to do with fighting than the rest of the song. Open Your Heart does it, too, in a way similar to the version used for Perfect Chaos 1, but there's a few bits from the long version in there, too.

I should also note that Heroes has grown on me recently. Sure, it's pure nonsense (in fact, if you listen to the demo at TSS's FTP service, the band themselves don't know the lyrics), but it's more "Sonicy" to me than anything recent.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Back then after SA2, Heroes "had" the potential, it really had it... :PB:

But noooooooo....Iizuka made sure it sucked and booted Naka and Oshima off the team, isnt it ovious? he was planning it all along, I like the song..its the memories I dont like, all the hype for...the begining of Iizukadom

LOL, I need some sleep...srly :PP:

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Dasher wrote:But noooooooo....Iizuka made sure it sucked and booted Naka and Oshima off the team, isnt it ovious?
...What? Naka left of his own accord, and Oshima was off the team since Burning Rangers.

Also, I love how Iizuka is everyone's scapegoat now, regardless of circumstance. It was the same way with Naka for a time, only now that he's out of the picture, people tend to think more positively of him- suppose it'll be the same deal with Iizuka when, like, Kazuyuki Hoshino is at the helm 10 years from now?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Ignore him, everyone else does.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Ten years from now??! I can't even begin to imagine what the hell kind of state the series would be in then! Much less that we'll all still be here to talk about it!

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I dunno. I guarantee that unless something changes - and hard - with the way the series is handled, it'll be dead in 10 years. But then, I also guarantee we'll all still be here moaning about it ten years on, too.

K2J

Post by K2J »

That should be a rule of the Internet: no matter what, someone always complains about it. No exceptions. Even if it's, like, free bacon, there is someone who doesn't like it.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

So...Sonic and Snake are the only outsiders huh?

Funny how everyone hoped for other inclusions...Which is kinda sad, my vote wouldve been atleast Rockman to be the 3rd to join Brawl as he was an awesome power on the NES days.

I bet they invested alot of time on including Sonic, oh man...Naka must be turning in his bed as he joked about this happening but never did it, nah..Naka only cares about his ego and his cars.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

K2J wrote:Even if it's, like, free bacon
Dammit, the last thing this nation needs is people shoving more saturated fat into their arteries. And what about the Jews? Are they just supposed to sit there and watch everyone else shove pig into their mouths and wonder what they're missing? For shame.