Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
MiraiTails

Re: Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Post by MiraiTails »

Apparently, it has been confirmed in some Japanese magazine called CoroCoro that Sonic and Snake are hidden characters.

I'd say that further reduces the chance of any other playable Sonic characters. (I know it's not going to happen, just let me have my fantasy.)

Also, there have been rumors going around of a delay to March.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

This might be old news, but apparently:

* Zelda's Final Smash is Light Arrow
* Her attacks have all been renamed to reflect the Light Gods of Twilight Princess.
* She still turns into Shiek, but Shiek's been redesigned into an original "Twilight Princess" version of Shiek.
* The Lightning Bolt from Mario Kart is an item.

http://brawlcentral.com/news.php

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

MiraiTails wrote:Also, there have been rumors going around of a delay to March.
(pleasebeduetoMegaManpleasebeduetoMegaManpleasebeduetoMegaMan...)

Can't wait to see what this new Sheik looks like--maybe something evoking Midna's true form, or relating to when she was briefly possessed by Ganondorf?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yeah, since the move is called "Twilight Change", I suspect it's going to be a more ninja-y looking Twilli version of Sheik. At least this explains why we haven't seen him/her - since it's a total overhaul of the character's appearance into "What if Sheik had been in Twilight Princess"?
(pleasebeduetoMegaManpleasebeduetoMegaManpleasebeduetoMegaMan...)
I think I'd rather have the game in February than wait another month for Mega Man. Now, if it were Mega Man AND Little Mac & Stafy change into playable characters, I think I could wait two more months.

w00t Tonight's update is awesome! Olimar's moves as well as shots of the Pikmin stage.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

They're taking their time to put it into English (or even Japanese), though.

So far, the update seems to be in... French. Maybe it's in German too, I dunno. But it's not in English.

EDIT: Okay, it's up. About time.

So his standard B move is to call Pikmin up... so how the hell will this work with Kirby, eh? Kirby will call up Pikmin and promptly be able to not use them. Grand.

Also, I don't think any new stage was pictured here... Most of that's the DK stage.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

OK, HERE is the Pikmin stage. And it's pretty damn awesome. The pellets and Bulborbs are great!

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Cool, Pikmin sta...

Wait, how long has it said "March 9" over there? So this is true?! Arrgh...

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Due to delays in the completion of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we’ve had to change the release date of the game to Sunday, March 9th.

I deeply apologize to the people who have looked forward to playing the game for so long and ask that you hold on just a little longer. Thank you for your patience.
God... damnit...

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

It's only been delayed a week in Japan (from Jan 24th to Jan 31st). I wonder what the problem is?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

That's what I want to know, too.

I can handle the delay and all, but it makes little sense that the Japanese launch was delayed naught but a week while we're waiting a full MONTH more. What gives?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I hold on to my increasingly insane hope for Mega Man. I know it's futile, but I want it so.

Mep

Post by Mep »

You never know, they may be finalizing the addition of some characters that were scrapped early in development. Those are the kind of simple things you can do in one week, not to mention that they planned this way ahead of time seeing as how the stores knew it so early.

So yeah, still don't know what makes the NA version worth delaying a whole month...

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Only thing that could possibly take so long on the English version only is if the hardcores finally got their way and got Drummond to dub in lines. In which case, I have some throats to slit.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

The fact that it's delayed one week in Japan and three weeks here makes me think it might have something to do with setting up the online infrastructure. North America is going to give those servers a much harder beating than the Japan, after all. Maybe they're not ready for it yet.

Alternately, they could just be trying to coordinate the release with the next major Wii console shipments.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

What's more, I think they're still fine-tuning and balancing the entire game, as well as Ryu's character.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Sources close to the company tell Kotaku that the game needs more polish. Too much dojo-ing and not enough developing, we guess.
I don't think they're delaying it for strategic reasons. Anyway, will they stop updating the Dojo with the Japanese release? That's Sakurai's primary audience after all.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Locit wrote:I hold on to my increasingly insane hope for Mega Man. I know it's futile, but I want it so.
You're not the only one.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Anyway, will they stop updating the Dojo with the Japanese release? That's Sakurai's primary audience after all.
So what if they do? We'll get all the info on the game from Japanese gamers.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

This delay actually works for me. I'm gonna be staying in South Dakota for six weeks and I'm coming home March 3rd, and seeing as I reserved the game in Virginia, I wouldn't have been able to play Brawl for two weeks if they stuck with the February release date. I'm content with this.

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

Funny how two companies involved in Brawl are completely opposite of each other...

Sega rushes out their games, leaving them unpolished by they're always right on time.

Nintendo takes a million years to release their games but they're masterpieces if / when you do ever get them.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Zeta wrote:
Anyway, will they stop updating the Dojo with the Japanese release? That's Sakurai's primary audience after all.
So what if they do? We'll get all the info on the game from Japanese gamers.
Just a curiosity; I'm wondering what I'm going to do during the interim since I don't want it to be spoiled for me in its entirety. If the Dojo continues, I'll probbably stop checking it.

Shadow Hog

Re:

Post by Shadow Hog »

Isuka wrote:What's more, I think they're still fine-tuning and balancing the entire game, as well as Ryu's character.
I don't think that speculation qualifies as a spoiler.

Unless you're privy to some knowledge that I'm not, in which case, I'd like to know where your source is.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I'd think Megaman would take priority over Ryu, being older and starring in more games . . .

Too bad we couldn't just put all of the DreamMixTV world fighters in this game, since that thing had a great lineup but awful gameplay. Er, just the Hudson and Konami characters, really. Well, not the toy characters, of course. Optimus Prime and the kid from Beyblade wouldn't really fit in.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Who's the chick playing the guitar? Kumotora from Mother 3?