Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Sniffnoy

Re: Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Post by Sniffnoy »

...what?

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

GoNintendo has the Japanese Brawl Commercials.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=32756#comments

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Edgerock wrote:GoNintendo has the Japanese Brawl Commercials.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=32756#comments
Was that a metroid as an assist trophy I saw in the second video?

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Wait...So Smash Brothers Brawl is called Smash Brothers X in Japan? I didnt know this! :shock:

Sounds cooler for some reason.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Dasher wrote:Wait...So Smash Brothers Brawl is called Smash Brothers X in Japan? I didnt know this! :shock:

Sounds cooler for some reason.
If by "cooler" you actually mean "lame" then I agree.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

The titles have always been different. There's no "Super" Smash Bros. in Japan; instead, they had "Nintendo All-Star! Great Fray Smash Brothers" for N64, "Great Fray Smash Brothers DX" for Gamecube, and now "Great Fray Smash Brothers X". Of course, they couldn't call this game "Super Smash Bros. X" in America, because idiots would think it was for the XBox. The same idiots who think that, following Sonic's appearance in a video game with Mario, that the hedeghog has always been part of Nintendo's crowd.

Actually, aren't the Japanese supposed to be partial to "Z" instead of "X" when making cool letter suffixes? i.e., Dragonball Z, Coldkiller Z (being changed to "X" for American audiences).

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Too bad TSS's forum is asking me to donate a thousand dollars in order to being granted access to it. Either that or registering. Both options suck.

Also, watch out 'cause here comes Sonic Z: Hyper Chaos Fusion ~Emerald Danmaku Retsuuden~, adapted by 4Kids into "Season 4", along with a new line of action plushies and transformable Black Arms vehicles with cutters and Desert Eagles (import only)!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

More old stages tonight. It looks like as I thought - each franchise is probably going to have at least one returning stage. So far, they've all luckily been favorites of mine, except for Rainbnow Ride. And I preferred Fourside to Onette, but Onette is truer to the feel of the game, I guess.

I wish they would update saying all the N64 stages are in, though . . .

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Ew, Rainbow Ride. Gross.

The Iron Giant

Post by The Iron Giant »

So, today's update reveals the Wireframes' replacements: The Fighting Alloy Team. Thank God it's not Miis like some people were hoping.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Why hello there Olimar, so glad you could join us today! Please watch where you pick your Pikmin, Snake's been hiding mines in the floor all day.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

The Iron Giant wrote:So, today's update reveals the Wireframes' replacements: The Fighting Alloy Team. Thank God it's not Miis like some people were hoping.
Yes, it would've been lame if Miis were not playable.

Purple Pikmin is staring into your soul.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I know I've read posts where people wanted Olimar to be a playable character, but I can honestly say that I did NOT see this coming. :shock:

The Iron Giant

Post by The Iron Giant »

Team Mecha wrote: Yes, it would've been lame if Miis were not playable.

No, it would have been lame if Miis were in the game period.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

As far as I'm aware, the only Mii implementation in the game is as an avatar for your Friend Code profile-thing.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

Wow, this feels nice. It's been over two months since a new character has been unveiled.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

FUCK YES! Pikmin 1 is one of my favorite games of all time! I <3 Captain Olimar and the Pikmin. I'd be dancing around right now, but I'm in the library. And their symbol is a flower, just like I wanted. I'm 100% pumped for this game right now. I got pretty much everything I wanted, in terms of the roster . . .

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Nintendo is going to have to hurry up and create some new memorable franchises, or there's going to be no one else to add to the next Smash Bros game!

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

So, Mitsuda supervised the arrangement... this is some serious epic.

Icons 13 and 19 are still "available", wonder what other surprises are still awaiting us...

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

Esrever wrote:Nintendo is going to have to hurry up and create some new memorable franchises, or there's going to be no one else to add to the next Smash Bros game!
Disaster: Day of Crisis? That purchase of Monolith Soft was for something after all. Or they can use series they haven't implemented for playable characters yet. Nintendo Wars (Advance & Battalion), Punch Put, Stafy, Sin & Punishment, Drill Dozer, and etc.

Team Mecha

Re:

Post by Team Mecha »

Isuka wrote:So, Mitsuda supervised the arrangement... this is some serious epic.

Icons 13 and 19 are still "available", wonder what other surprises are still awaiting us...
13 is undeniably Game & Watch. It's in the group of Melee-introduced icons & the only 1 of those not yet shown for Brawl.

As for 19, well that's anyone's guess.
Esrever wrote:Nintendo is going to have to hurry up and create some new memorable franchises, or there's going to be no one else to add to the next Smash Bros game!
I'm not so sure if there'll even be a SSB4. It certainly won't have Sakurai involved & Iwata thinks the series can't survive without him. Plus they're going all out on modes & features it's hard to imagine what what they could add next time aside from just more characters. I think it would be best for DLC to be what keeps it alive (assuming the next system is backwards compatible with Wii games and has an actual HDD).

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

@Edgerock: I hope you're not counting Assist Trophies in that equation, because pretty much ALL of those franchises you mentioned are represented in Brawl (albeit not as playable characters, but as Assist Trophies).

And I also hope that Brawl could potentially have DLC (unlikely as it is)--the potential has already been shown, what with the "Custom-Stage-a-Day" thing.

Plus, it'd answer that whole "we wanted to add this character, but we didn't have enough dev. time" problem that Kojima / Snake faced with Melee.

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

Well actually I am. I mean yes they're represented but that doesn't mean those series can't have playable characters. And Charizard before Brawl was a Pokeball Pokemon that could pop out and attack. Now he's been promoted to a playable status. Same could happen for Assist Trophies.

And I'm sure Nintendo can make some new franchises in the course of five years or so. They did since Melee after all. Though I'm sad that Project H.A.M.M.E.R. was cancelled... but I'm sure Nintendo can get more franchises like Disaster in. Also... do they own the rights to Eternal Darkness? Or did Silicon Knights take them? And you still got more possible franchises like Chibi-Robo in as well too.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Aw, so that's where Fox's FS went.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yeah, this is a series that you come back to every 10 years to make a new definitive version for the decade just because there's more stuff that can be done with it. Smash Bros is basically like Mario Kart, so I certainly don't expect this to be the last one, Sakurai or no Sakurai . . .