Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Instead of complaining to each other, thus simply enforcing the fact that we all do not like the friend code setup, do what I do, write a letter (which I prefer) or an e-mail. And before you say "that never works" let me say that if you never let them know, they are not going to change. As it is chances are not terribly high, but it is better than bitching to each other.

So take the time to write a clear letter outlining why friend codes are not effective in their current state, and how they can be made more efficient, and then wait, and hope.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

And so the mediocrity continues with more info on the Smash Ball and how it works...as well as some sort of music piece from some JPN-only Game Boy game. =/

aso

Post by aso »

Yeah, the Smash Ball update was nothing special, but the idea of music from all sorts of series interests me. Perhaps we can expect some vintage Sega tunes?

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

Oh god, I would love for the Streets of Rage theme to be added. That and the Nights tune, "Message from Nightopia".

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

FlashTHD wrote:...if you can't say that you'd afford to take the time and effort to take a 12-digit number or two down and enter it into a friends list (likely once only), then sir, you have a goddamn chronic condition or something that needs attention soon.
That's a terrible argument. Saying people have some sort of serious condition, just because they're not too fond of having to write down a new code for each friend every time they get a new game, is just creating a totally exaggerated excuse for the general dislike of being jerked around by this completely unnecessary friend code system.

Yes, I can be bothered to write down the codes because I do actually intend to play this game online with people I know. No, that doesn't mean I have to like it.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I think the main counter-argument here is not against having to input new friend codes every time. That does suck. The point I was trying to make is, nobody said anything about memorising them. Everyone's saying, "Damn, that's another eleventy-digit number to remember", but who said you can't just write it down? I dunno, it blows either way, I just thought people were getting carried away complaining about a moot aspect of the issue at hand. Maybe it's just the way you guys were phrasing it.

Either way. I have no Wii. This is a totally outside viewpoint.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Breaking up the monotony of Dojo "crap we already knew" updates and GHZ "Friend Code" rants, todays update actually brings us something both new AND interesting: King Dedede's Final Smash, the Waddle Dee Army.

Which is basically a zerg rush of Waddle Dees with the odd Gordo mixed in for variety.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

If this thread in THIS forum is already like this because of the whole code issue, I guess it's a good thing I don't go to the Gamefaqs/SSBHQ ones. I think some of you are overreacting- but then again, I have no idea how bad it actually is to make a list with said codes for easy access. Of course it's inconvenient, and COULD be much simpler, but it could also be worse. Seriously, let's change the subject.

So, Dedede's Final Smash, huh? I was almost sure it would be that Dark Matter possession from KDL3/K64.

EDIT: And Yami beat me to it.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

We're not arguing, we're Internet arguing. It's quite different.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

It looks like Europe won't be getting Smash Bros Brawl until after June 2008

What a load of fucking crap! Nintendo Europe really need to get their act together! There's no excuse for this kind of shit anymore!

aso

Post by aso »

Oompa Star wrote:Oh god, I would love for the Streets of Rage theme to be added. That and the Nights tune, "Message from Nightopia".
Hot stuff. I'd like to see selections from Shinobi 3, Vectorman, and, for the "oldschool" factor, something from Golden Axe or (heh) Columns.

And while Dedede's FS is essentially an upgraded take on one of his special moves (you can stop bitching about it now, GameFAQers), it still suits his character (lazy) and is fairly awesome. An entire squadron of Waddle Dees (and the odd Gordo) assaulting the enemy? Yeah.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Why the heck would Dedede's Final Smash be being possessed by Dark Matter? I've heard about three people say that's what they were hoping for and it makes absolutely no sense to me. The actual Final Smash is much more appropriate if you ask me.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Which is basically a zerg rush of Waddle Dees with the odd Gordo mixed in for variety.
: ( Replace Dees with "Red Pikmin" and Gordos with "Purple Pikmin", and you basically have what I wanted Olimar's FS to be if he was in the game.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Timestones wrote:Why the heck would Dedede's Final Smash be being possessed by Dark Matter? I've heard about three people say that's what they were hoping for and it makes absolutely no sense to me. The actual Final Smash is much more appropriate if you ask me.
Zelda's and Peach's smashes should be getting kidnapped.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Speaking of Zelda, there is still no sign of Sheik, is there?
If possible, refrain from mentioning anything TP related without a spoiler tag. I have yet to play the dang game.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

In Twilight Princess *spoiler* Link and Zelda are combined into one being, Lelda, to defeat the final boss - who is Vaati riding Ganon.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Link defeats Ganon, saves princess

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

I find it hilarious that Ganon being the main villain was the big plot twist.

Anyway, the week begins with 1 means of online play & ends with the other. Playing random opponents was always my preferred method of online gaming anyway so I'm quite satisfied here. I especially like that they took DCers into consideration. Fighting bots ain't exactly an ideal solution but it's something.
: ( Replace Dees with "Red Pikmin" and Gordos with "Purple Pikmin", and you basically have what I wanted Olimar's FS to be if he was in the game.
Replace red & purple Pikmin with cattle & it'd be what I was hoping the Harvest Moon farmer's FS would be. :(

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Team Mecha wrote:
Replace red & purple Pikmin with cattle & it'd be what I was hoping the Harvest Moon farmer's FS would be. :(

Considering Sonic's and Pikachu's Final Smashes are similar it's not like this means there's no chance of Olimar/Farmer/whoever being in.
Last edited by Timestones on Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Double-S- wrote:Link defeats Ganon, saves princess
SON OF A BITCH

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

Green Gibbon! wrote:QUIT SPOILING THE GAME

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/12/int ... super.html

Miyamoto is interestingly enough the main problem when it comes to repetitive storyline.

Despite it's overly familiar structure I thought Twilight Princess's storyline was refreshingly nifty, and very well done. However I think it is time to shake up Zelda again like they did in Majora's mask.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

When it comes to Zelda, I feel that the next step is that they should give the dungeons a feel of history behind it, which the Snowpeak Ruins in Twilight Princess came closest to. I want it to make me go "Hmm, I wonder what these ruins were made for and why it's here, oh look, a weird mural on the wall," instead of "Oh hey, a new dungeon, time to beat it." I want some rooms that looked like people could've actually lived in them. Y' know, a chair here a table there, a chandelier here a shovel there. It may seem kind of trivial, but I think it could help flesh out the dungeons. I mean, those ruins couldn't have made themselves... right?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Everyone knows that ancient people love to make dungeons full of traps that can only be defeated with an item hidden in the dungeon.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

That's so, <b>so</b> Wild ARMs.