Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Kogen wrote:What exactly is so hard about plugging a yellow wire into a yellow hole then pushing 'input' on your remote? Are you so stupid you need an RF adapter?
Im too used to just "plug and play" with videogame consoles, and to be honest, I still hate the Wiimote...

It was like "Ok lazy me, I have five games, I am going to waste time configuring this thing to play for like two hours, and then put it back in the box so I can watch The pink Panther?"

lazy me "Nah just put back it in the box and play with the Nintendo DS"

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Plug and play doesn't exist for gaming consoles and never has. A Wii hooks up exactly the same as a Gamecube hooks up, or a N64, or a SNES, or a NES. The only difference in plugging in a sensor bar as well, which is just as easy.

And it takes you two hours to do this when old people and 6 year olds are doing it in likely minutes?

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Arcade wrote:It was like "Ok lazy me, I have five games, I am going to waste time configuring this thing to play for like two hours, and then put it back in the box so I can watch The pink Panther?"
...You put your game systems back in the box when not in use? Were you born in 1930 or something? You ARE aware that it's possible to have a game system AND a DVD plugged into a television at once, right? Or multiple game systems?

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

In his defense, a Wii can't play DVDs. His TV might only have inputs for one thing.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

...so leave systems out and the cords around, so you can change them quickly, rather than putting them back in the box, which entails that much more plugging and unplugging? Or buy a switch, if it's really a big deal?

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

You forget that Arcade lives in, like, Yugoslavia or something. He's lucky to have a TV in the first place.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

He made it! and hes no sprite...it will be a fun game indeed.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Kogen wrote:In his defense, a Wii can't play DVDs. His TV might only have inputs for one thing.
Well, okay, but just switch out the input. You don't have to put the whole damn thing back in the box when not in use. What Arcade's doing is the exact opposite of problem solving.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

Why hasn't Arcade been douched yet? Is that still even done here?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I've had him on ignore for months now. It's the next best thing.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

I know I'm like a day and a page late to this discussion but the reason why Pokémon and Assist Trophies have lower polygon counts is because it's easier, less expensive and less time consuming to make a bunch of low polygon models than a bunch of high polygon models. The money and time saved on making low poly models for characters like Meowth then goes to either a) making even more Assist Trophies and Pokémon or b) making the models for the playable characters that much better.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Nintendo makes really shitty Pokemon polygon models anyways. The whole draw of the console Pokemon games is to see Pokemon battles in 3D. But they've been using the same fucking models as the Nintendo 64 games for years, too lazy to update them. It's for this reason that many Pokemon 3D models look like someone vomitted them up, even today. You'd think they'd put some more fucking effort into one of their top three franchies. The only Pokemon to ever get an updated model as the years go by is Pikachu. Every other Pokemon is stuck with the first 3D model of them ever produced forever.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

also pokemon and assist trophies stay only a short time on the field no need to make them high poly.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Oompa Star wrote:Why hasn't Arcade been douched yet? Is that still even done here?
I find his broken writing funny, is like having your very own jester with the Down's.

Regarding the pokémon models, they look better for me than the ones on those Nintendo 64 games, though they could still make them a little more detailed so as to not look overly crappy besides, say, Giga Bowser, or even Snake. Still I'd rather keep those same models in order to get rock-solid 60 fps.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I don't really think it's possible to add more detail without utterly destroying their resemblance to Pokémon.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Oompa Star wrote:Why hasn't Arcade been douched yet?
That takes effort. Also the ignore button was installed for a reaosn.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Dasher wrote:also pokemon and assist trophies stay only a short time on the field no need to make them high poly.
Uh yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

We'll probably get Silver or Shadow as an alternate costume, as full-fledged alternate costumes have been confirmed:

* Link - Dark Link
* Samus - Fusion Suit Samus
* Diddy Kong - Dixie Kong
* Fox McCloud - Wolf O'Donnel

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Oompa Star wrote:Why hasn't Arcade been douched yet? Is that still even done here?
But his avatar is Felix. You can't douche Felix. He'll reach into his bag of tricks, pull out a butterfly knife, gouge out your left eye, and copulate with the socket. Don't mess with Felix.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Zeta wrote:We'll probably get Silver or Shadow as an alternate costume, as full-fledged alternate costumes have been confirmed:

* Link - Dark Link
* Samus - Fusion Suit Samus
* Diddy Kong - Dixie Kong
* Fox McCloud - Wolf O'Donnel
Sonic just turns different shades of blue and gets different colored arm and leg bands apparently.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Where is the article you saw this information--I must read it.

(Pictures would help too, but I doubt any were taken.)

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

As totally predictable as Sakurai's been, I wouldn't count in or out much anymore. But the Friday climaxes are almost always big.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Man this week was lame.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Today's update document's Peach's Final Smash: "Peach Blossom".

It causes everyone to fall asleep and an assload of peaches (yes, the fruit) to fall from above, acting as health replenishers.

That 2-D art's pretty awesome, though--it looks like someone drew it specifically based on her SSBB model.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Yami CJMErl wrote:Where is the article you saw this information--I must read it.

(Pictures would help too, but I doubt any were taken.)

It's not really an article. It's just info from people who have played the demo at E for All at another forum I frequent.