Smash Bros 3 Site Goes Live.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

Post by Zeta »

His dad IS a playable character in F-Zero, though.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Fox's father is a human?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I assume being sucked through the mystical whale spacehole explosion turned him into one.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I take you thought the same thing turned Mario into Mr.EAD then?

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

So it seems Ms. Aran isn't only wearing her sexy overalls.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

I heard rumblings that Ridley was meant to be playable in Melee but was cut due to time constraints. I dunno if its true, but it very well could be; The opening from Melee shows him downsized considerably so that he's not "too big" to be playable.

I've always thought he'd be really kick ass to play as, and while the music is a positive sign it is far away from being "confirmation".

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I'm glad that regular Samus is still going to be playable. I'm not really a big fan of the sexed-up zero suit version... it just seems to go against everything that makes the character so awesome.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Esrever wrote:I'm glad that regular Samus is still going to be playable. I'm not really a big fan of the sexed-up zero suit version... it just seems to go against everything that makes the character so awesome.
For the longest time i thought I was the only one who thought that, seeing as when I brought it up on some other forums the response was "OMFG OHNOEZ!!! how can u sasy that? Samus wearing body paint is awesomesss!"

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Heheheh. SO true. I never played much the Metroid games, but when I found out that Samus appeared with no armor in Super Metroid, I was a bit disappointed.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Esrever wrote:I'm glad that regular Samus is still going to be playable. I'm not really a big fan of the sexed-up zero suit version...
Second that. Her ass looks way big in the plug suit.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

How could you possibly refuse a pair of perfectly fine tits?

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Green Gibbon! wrote:
Esrever wrote:I'm glad that regular Samus is still going to be playable. I'm not really a big fan of the sexed-up zero suit version...
Second that. Her ass looks way big in the plug suit.
Big? No, no. You mean flat.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

It did seem kinda strange to see them put in both Samus and her again in blue. I always thought they'd keep that version of her set aside for special endings in Metroid.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Wooduck51 wrote:
Esrever wrote:I'm glad that regular Samus is still going to be playable. I'm not really a big fan of the sexed-up zero suit version... it just seems to go against everything that makes the character so awesome.
For the longest time i thought I was the only one who thought that, seeing as when I brought it up on some other forums the response was "OMFG OHNOEZ!!! how can u sasy that? Samus wearing body paint is awesomesss!"

Yeah, the whole point about Samus is that the first time you see it you think "Is a guy", then you discover that is a girl ^_-

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

Oh boy - another update about Final Smashes. (It's Link's, for the lazy.)

I just know this is their way of stalling for time/creating hype. Even in a weekdaily thing, these special move updates should be in chunks - not morsels.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yeah, this is just silly.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Are people expecting regular announcements that are as big as the birth of Jesus or something? I thought everyone should've expected regular updates to be of the caliber they have been. If I was Sakurai, I sure would've released details as often as he does. I wouldn't have expected people to refresh the page 10 times at midnight eagerly awaiting the next update to dissect apart, if the conduct of other message boards regarding SSB:B is any indication.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I'm just glad we're actually getting updates of any kind, PERIOD. That site went without for the longest time.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

New update: Pickahu's Final Smash.

This looks neat - a controllable electric ball? Yes prease. And new info is always a plus.

Still think these Final Smash updates shouldn't be split apart so much though. It's not like Sakurai is going to be able to hold these constant updates for many more weeks - a better stream of info might help sustain the fanatics.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

If he keeps on adding filler and music snips as full-day updates, not to mention reviews of old items and moves - he could potentially continue the updates till the release.

Oh yeah, yay for Volt Tackle. It works a lot like the one in Pulseman.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Which I'm assuming is because Pulseman was also made by Gamefreak, no?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

And its' name is "Volteccer" in the japanese versions so yeah.

...crazy that Pikachu gets it but Rotom doesn't. What were they thinking there?

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I think it's amusing that they named Pikachu's Final Smash "Volt Tackle", as it actually lines up with the PKMN games quite well: in Diamond / Pearl, breeding a female Pikachu holding a Light Ball (A Pikachu-only hold item) with a compatible male Pokemon will result in a Pichu with the exclusive Volt Tackle move.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Yami CJMErl wrote:I think it's amusing that they named Pikachu's Final Smash "Volt Tackle", as it actually lines up with the PKMN games quite well: in Diamond / Pearl, breeding a female Pikachu holding a Light Ball (A Pikachu-only hold item) with a compatible male Pokemon will result in a Pichu with the exclusive Volt Tackle move.
WOW, they named a Pokemon character's move after a move from the Pokemon games! WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED.

Also, Volt Tackle was introduced in RSE, not D/P.