An idea whose time has come

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

Rob-Bert wrote:I'd like to say that Cap'N Crunch is awesome, mainly because it takes a tough breakfast eater to eat something with a good chance of cutting the roof of your mouth.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Locit wrote:Image
You guys know why the little old guy from the Quaker logo in the corner of the box is so happy?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Because he has the honor of appearing on the same box as his Liege Lord and Master King Vitamin, that's why.
Delphine wrote:Do you have the Royal Racing Coach, Locit? Is it as amazing as I hope it is?
If I had the Royal Racing Coach do you think I would be wasting my time here? No, that offer had ended by the time I got my one and only box of pure and unrelenting joy. I shall ever wonder what could have been, if seemingly infinite joy could in fact be increased to unimagined, dazzling heights.

Incidentally, if one of you has in his possession the Royal Racing Coach I would give you one of my four cans of Sonic the Hedgehog Chef Boyardee Pasta (circa like, 10-15 years ago). The offer stands, gentlemen.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Locit wrote:Because he has the honor of appearing on the same box as his Liege Lord and Master King Vitamin, that's why.
I was going to say that he's getting a blowjob, but I guess that's valid too.

Soul
Now Playing: Dungeon Fighter Online

Post by Soul »

King Vitiman... *shivers* That cereal was just NAS-TAY! Really, I only ate it once in my entire 23 years of being on this planet. To this day, I would avoid it like being seen with Michael Jackson in public*.

But to my credit, there is no cereal more supreme then the flavor of Cinnimon Toast Crunch. Not only is it proven to be a delightful treat to childern, but it's the perfect alternative for adults who want to watch their health. Plus everybody loves cinnimon. Who doesn't love cinnimon?

Now if only their prices were just as delightful... (damn near $4 for a family-size box)

*Shit, who am I kidding? I wouldn't be around Wacko Jacko, period! You couldn't get me to sign his autograph for anything.
Last edited by Soul on Thu May 17, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

I can understand hating King Vitamin if you encountered the latter incarnation of the cereal, when its whimsical monarch had been replaced by something far more sinister. The cereal itself became foul to the palette, and the sick czar that replaced the good King could never hope fill his saintly shoes.

Disgusting.

Also, Michael Jackson jokes?

Soul
Now Playing: Dungeon Fighter Online

Post by Soul »

Ahh! That's the bastard right there! Dethrone, I say! Dethrone!!

And I know, I know - I'm beating a dead horse. But I have to keep my sarcasim and comedy diversed. Or would you rather me make yet another joke about Dick Cheny and his shotgun?

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

Have you made the one about how Harry Whittington is the first person to be shot in the face by someone in the executive branch since Monica Lewinsky?
Last edited by Bo on Thu May 17, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I have Cookie Crisp and Cinnamon toast right now but I really dont have a favorite. I eat all the good ones, the Pirates of caribean was nice, But once I eat it alot i get bored of it.

Man, Cookie crisp always had strange mascots...it had a magician, a panther, a Crook , a weird Police man with a crook and his dog, next we had a stupid dog and now we have an annoying wolf.

Smilie

Post by Smilie »

In Australia? The best cereal you can get is Crunchy Nut - the innuendo cereal that consists of honey, corn flakes, and anonymous, probably artificial broken-up nuts.

So good.

And there was a contest over here that they held years ago where you could pick the flavor of Coco Pops, (puffed up rice grains with chocolate) and the winner was a chocolate/vanilla combo. It was discontinued after one and a half months, unfortunatly.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I think I have to agree with Pop here, meusli is the cerial for me, although I do have a special orgasmic place for Nestlé Crunchy Nut Clusters, especially the berry variety!

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

The only cereal I was ever really fervent about was this strange, nameless brand that I assume my parents brought home from some sort of hospital pantry. It came in this coffee bean-esque bag and contained chocolate chips and bits of dried cranberry. Of course, it tasted like an attic, but, I dunno, it sort of stuck with me. Only ate it twice before, never came across it again.

Not so crazy about cereal nowadays, as I've developed this inexplicable complex against milk without any additive flavors.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Why don't you just eat the cereal without milk? That's what I do. I think it's better that way.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I do it because I can't stand milk. Cheerios and Froot Loops are my favorites.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Rob-Bert wrote:Why don't you just eat the cereal without milk? That's what I do. I think it's better that way.
Truth right here.

Actually, I don't consider cereal anywhere close to breakfast food (snack, more like), and you can't get me to eat it with a spoon.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I never eat cereal for breakfast - I never eat breakfast period because that would require me to get up an extra 10 or 15 minutes earlier - but I won't touch it without milk. I never drink milk except maybe an occasional cup of vanilla milk with cookies or something, but cereal without cow juice is not really cereal. (I have a friend who claims he once tried to kill himself by eating Cap'n Crunch with beer, and he's probably dead serious.)

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I hate milk also due to being forced to drink regular, plain milk everyday during my early elementary school years. My elementary school had this milk program where parents could pay a small fee and your children would get milk for the entire school year. The majority of the class had chocolate milk while I had to drink plain because my parents thought it would be healthier for me. The chocolate though would have made consuming it easier because the taste and aftertaste of regular milk(even if the milk had 2% fat) makes me gag.

That said, I don't milk in my cereal also as I like my ceral to be dry and crunchy, not wet and soggy. I was annoyed that my father also made me drink the milk from my cereal bowl when I was a little kid. ><
Last edited by Ngangbius on Fri May 18, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Milk is for babies.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Yep. Weaned humans are not supposed to consume milk(especially from other animals) anyhow. That's why most of the world is lactose intolerant.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I think cereal makes a lame breakfast, because you'll eat it and still be hungry two minutes later. I support eating a full-course hearty and tasty breakfast that will make you full. Actually, I seemed to concentrate much better in high school when I did that. If I should eat cereal for breakfast, something else better damn come with it.

Basically, in terms of morning mood and performance,

Breakfast that makes you full>Don't eat>Eating a breakfast that leaves you hungrier than not eating at all

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Cereal does seem lame compared to sausage, eggs, and pancakes, but not everyone has the time to prepare a full hearty breakfast. Mnay times I had to usually pour some cereal in a sandwich bag and eat it while I commute to classes. Cereal wins on convenience.

Oh and I forgot to mention my favorites are Froot Loops, Peanut Butter Crunch, and Crunch Berries: Oops All Berries.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Sniffnoy wrote:Milk is for babies.
Cow milk is for cow babies. Human milk is for human babies.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

Cow milk is for humans. We steal if from cow babies, which is what makes it so very delectable.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

That's why most of the world is lactose intolerant.
I do remember reading that somewhere, that the ability to consume milk into adulthood is a trait that developed in certain white European populations.

It is pretty nasty stuff, though, when not inundated with sucrose-blasted, artificially flavored grain particles. I wonder what goats milk tastes like?

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I have been getting into porridge recently.