Sonic & Knuckles FANGAME VIDEOS

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Riptor

Sonic & Knuckles FANGAME VIDEOS

Post by Riptor »

20 min of SnK Alpha Gameplay...splitted into 2 Videos:

Part 1:
Image Image Image
Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=RJ-arzIPn0o

Part 2:
Image Image Image
Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5mBsDInL_q4

Enjoy !

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

What is this exactly? Has someone released a demo of this?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

A fangame, and no. However, I recall it looking VERY promising. Although, The GHZ is HARDLY the place for fangames. SFGHQ's your best bet for that, and they already have at least two topics on the thing.

Also I actually thought this was the alpha of S&K, just going by the topic title. :(

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

For a fangame, that's pretty promising. Palm Coast zone was particularly gorgeous, and although the sprite use was a bit shoddy on some of the other zones, the gameplay looks pretty sound and the levels look like fun. Sonic Team could learn a thing or two.

I hope I can play it soon.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Shadow Hog wrote:Also I actually thought this was the alpha of S&K, just going by the topic title. :(
Same here. I was pretty excited.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Yeah, that title was really misleading.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Hah. I was just wondering what happened to this the other day!

Edit: Yikes! What did you do? Last time I saw this I had a lot of trouble telling it apart from a S&K Romhack, but now... everything looks so much less polished.

It still looks good, but the last time I saw it, it really floored me with it's quality.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Well, the only things that really irked me were some of the movements - the ring loss, in particular, looks all wrong (and, apparently, makes it harder to reclaim rings), and then a few other things here and there, like death animations looking too artificial or the Flickies not following Super Tails fast enough or an enemy movement looking clunkier than it would with good ol' trigonometry, or what have you.

Visually, however, the game remains stunning, at least for a fangame. I really like how you take elements from all the Genesis games (Genesis spin-offs, the Sega CD and 32X, included) and mish-mash them together as per any <i>Sonic 3&K</i> level's theme, creating levels that are unique and derivative all at once - visually, as mentioned, and in the form of what gimmicks each level has, too (I was surprised to see Oil Ocean's balloons in there, for example).

I can't remember what tool was used, though. MMF? I really wish I could just buy MMF2. It'd probably be worth the money.

Riptor

Post by Riptor »

What did you do? Last time I saw this I had a lot of trouble telling it apart from a S&K Romhack, but now... everything looks so much less polished.
yeah you are very right my friend, the videos are showing just the basic level concepts with the programmed stuff in it...it will be of course polished and edited.

i think i change the base fg colors.

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

I wish someone would make a game with all the Sonic 3 versus levels but full screen, like velocity zone in those videos. Also, why is shadow showing his face on recent Sonic fangames? it makes no sense. I wonder if you can use the versus sonic3 level's textures, because I know the backgrounds can be used. Darn, Now I want to see the lake, Mines, circus and desert zones! as well as a more polished Chrome gadget zone.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

This is the first time I see this. It looks really nice. The levels are very beautiful. I really like the way there are a lot of bits and pieces from all games. I can't believe those ugly sprites from Wood Zone are being well used for something actually good.

I'm having the same problems looking at Shadow there. Not just because he bacame a horrible character after reviving. It's weird. His sprite is good, the style is nice, but it's a little too big. It fits in, but it doesn't. And I see about the ring loss, we are all used to the old ring animation.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Wow. I was watching some videos and just reminded how awesome Knuckles looked in the 32X.