S3&K Remix Album: ReCapitated

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Spazz

S3&K Remix Album: ReCapitated

Post by Spazz »

http://icecap.ocremix.org/

Not sure if this has anything to do with April Fool's seeing as some of the tracks are kinda decent, wheras others are complete jokes.
Anyway, it's a remix project of 18 tracks of Ice Cap Zone remixes.

Here's a quick description of each track:
...Try Ice Cap Hurts, the first track in particular. Doesn't it remind you of one of Pretzel's other remixes? Of a completely different Sonic tune, no less?
Ice Cold Beer is Irish-themed.
Ice Cap 2007 is "Generic trance/house mix #98537". (Nevertheless not bad).
Stairway to Ice Cap Zone? Come on. Isn't the name enough?
Pecan can't Ice Ooze... is a dismal "piano-buttonmash fest" that SLIGHTLY resembles the Ice Cap tune.
Ice Cap Majeure is ALL OVER the place. It's epic, fail, rock and stupid at the same time.
Gwilym running naked... is a NES-style remix. A freaking CHIPTUNE on OCremix. (But cleverly done, with a pause and game over tune included).
Frozen Reflection starts out real nice, but goes into "half a minute of basically 2 notes". The ending is FREAKING AWESOME though,
Chip of the Iceberg is another Chiptune.
Frozen Solid ...sounds to me like a remix OF a remix.
Your love's like Snow is the generic "Dude actually making up lyrics and SINGING to the music" track.
Nice Cap is "Chippy Remix with random samples thrown in".
Pixietricks Ice Capella is, as the title would suggest, a fairly OK "A Capella" remix with dumb "self-announcing" lyrics.
Live on the IceCap is another poor Piano concert, complete with about two minutes worth of applause thrown in.
Rice Cap is... well, let's just say that if you hear it, you'll know why they called it that.
A Work of Staggering Genius.... is exactly that. Give it a quick listen.
Then there's The music of my Ice Cap. No one deserves to have to listen to this, willingly or otherwise.
And to finish things off.... Wild Wild Ice Cap ends the set how it could ONLY have been ended.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

That actually makes some sense. I mean, Ice Cap must be one of the most remixed Sonic tracks ever.

Well, I really enjoyed Project Chaos and wouldn't mind seeing a continuation of it. I wish they did a Sonic 1 Remix Album.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Seems like The Music of My Ice Cap should have followed Wild Wild Ice Cap to me.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Huh, I hadn't noticed that that was what that particular song was called... makes so much sense now.

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

I always liked Ice Cap's theme. It just sounds so mysterious and otherworldly. Snow levels in a few other games that I have played have that mysterious feel in its music as well.

WW

Post by WW »

Snow is so fucking mysterious.