Sonic X question

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
cjmcray

Sonic X question

Post by cjmcray »

I looked at some screencaps of Sonic X episode 78, and there are still images showing Eggman lifting his arm in victory, and the "goody guys"
(i.e: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, etc.) all making faces of anger.

So what, did Eggman finally beat Sonic in the end? did he accomplish his goal of world domination? Did Sonic X have a bad ending?

WW

Post by WW »

Eggman sent Chris back to his own dimension by means of that Egg Pod. Afterwards he declares that with one enemy now gone, he can once again resume building the Eggman Empire. Sonic and friends go to action.

Basically, life just went on for them all. Eggman comes up with plans, Sonic and friends stop him.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

I haven't seen any of the Dark Oak saga (and after reading about it, would rather keep it that way), so I'm wondering if Chris reacted to being separated from Sonic the way he did back when it was Sonic going home.

And by that, I mean cry and take Sonic into the woods for attempted rape. Which I guess wouldn't be rape since Sonic seemed strangely okay with everything.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Black Rook wrote:I haven't seen any of the Dark Oak saga (and after reading about it, would rather keep it that way), so I'm wondering if Chris reacted to being separated from Sonic the way he did back when it was Sonic going home.

And by that, I mean cry and take Sonic into the woods for attempted rape. Which I guess wouldn't be rape since Sonic seemed strangely okay with everything.
I haven't watched the ending in a while, but nah. Chris gets all misty eyed and all, but he's willing to head back to his world in a more mature tone (although it helped that he really was a 12 year old boy with an 18 year old teenage mind--having aged shrunk when he entered Sonic's world).

JessicaPadkin

Post by JessicaPadkin »

I don't know if I should admit this, but I watched the whole of Sonic X series two (er, in French) and to be honest I thought it was... not entirely shit. I rather enjoyed it. That scene near the end where Tails was firing the cannon was surprisingly poignant!

Some of it was pretty bizarre though. What was the deal with Robotnik's strangely paternal behaviour towards Sonic? And then there was that disturbing scene that was almost identical to the ending of the OVA series, only it was a living creature slowly burning to death in molten lava rather than a robot? And... and what about that bit where Sonic turns to the 'dark side' and Robotnik turns up and persuades him back onto the path of righteousness?!

Soul
Now Playing: Dungeon Fighter Online

Post by Soul »

JessicaPadkin wrote:And... and what about that bit where Sonic turns to the 'dark side' and Robotnik turns up and persuades him back onto the path of righteousness?!
Arugh...THAT scene puzzles me up to this date. I want to believe that was suppose to be a turning point in the series the studio had planned, but was quickly altered due to 'problems' that Sega had with it...but I doubt that's the case. Hell, it would've been nice if Robotnik showed up and persuaded him to...I don't know...join him in the Eggman Empire and work in co-existance to conqure the universe?

Onto which Sonic would say "Fuck that, I got a better idea...!" and damn-near kills the Doc, then go onto his own reign of supremecy. Now that's good watching!

Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

Remember kids, dictatorships are fun!

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Until someone loses an eye...or limb.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Eggman's a flip-flopper