WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW???

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
WW

Post by WW »

:cry:

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Delphine wrote:Perhaps that's what they meant, but when you've had people tell you you're going to hell because of who you're attracted to and call you a dyke in the not-friendly way, it's not so funny. /soapbox
I think there's a difference between the church attempting brain control on people who want nothing to do with them and advertisers catching flack because "the [minority] guy should be the one who knows which shipping company to use".

Although the best Geico commercial will always be the guy who looked at his watch and spilled hot coffee on his cock by turning his wrist to do so. I doubt anyone remembers that.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

I do...vaugely...sort of. What year was that one running?

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

'94.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Geez. Then no I don't.

I didn't know Gieco even ran ads that far back. The earliest I remember was the first one with the Gecko.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

In fifth grade, we had the Weather Channel on frequently due to some storms coming through the area. They had a series of "People do stupid things. Like pay too much for car insurance." ads, but this is the only one that earned a spot in my long term memory. It was just perfect because the guy doesn't react. You just see steam rising up from his lap for about four seconds before the slogan's title card is shown (they didn't ruin it with an announcer).

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

A Geico commercial without the droning guy announcing that "One 15-minute call could save you 15% or more on car insurance!"? I say heresy! What would a Geico commercial be without that man? Not a Geico commercial, that's what!

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

I think the Geico show, if it gets the right writers, could be interesting.

The show, from my knowledge, is supposed to be about a caveman discovering New York and trying to make a living there. That's a great premise. Think the will Ferrell movie, Elf, but with a Caveman instead of an Elf.

The Burger King movie, though. I don't know HOW that's gonna work. Are they going to have him wear that creepy plastic mask like in the commercials? Or are they going to get an actor to look like the Burger King king? What on earth could the premise be? Also, the BK king doesn't even TALK.

But, it could be like you guys said, so ridiculous and stupid that it's great. Just like Snakes on a Plane was supposed to be.

It's weird how just a week ago, I found out about the geico show from my sis, then a few days later, a Burger King movie is announced. Is THAT how desperate hollywood is getting? All the new shows and movies will be based on commercials?

They really should make a Keebler Elf cartoon, an action cartoon with the eSurance girl, and a romantic comedy starring the Taco Bell dog.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Strikes me it'd be like the cut scenes in We <3 Katamari. The King really has a lot in common with the King of all Cosmos, I'm sure they're good friends.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Put Tom Green as the King and you've got gold.

Grant

Post by Grant »

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about all of this madness, especially a Burger King movie. But then I thought, well, what's the difference between this and a Sonic the Hedgehog show or movie? It's a different corporation's mascot and there's as much story behind the King as there was for Sonic during the Genesis days. So I guess I don't have much of a problem with it, even though it seems kinda weird.

To sort of answer cjmcray, there's a lot of different ways a movie like this could work if you think about it. The focus of the movie wouldn't be on the King. Imagine it more like the opening video to Sneak King or just how they do any of the commercials - it's about somebody else and then the King pops in like a creep; they could handle it a little bit like Beetlejuice. Maybe it would follow a young boy going through his parents' divorce and the only one he can turn to is the Burger King who lends him advice in the form of Whopper Jr. after Whopper Jr.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Maybe it would follow a young boy going through his parents' divorce and the only one he can turn to is the Burger King who lends him advice in the form of Whopper Jr. after Whopper Jr.
And that's why I was 300 lbs during my high school years.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

After being bedridden and shivering constantly for two days this is probably the best thing I could come back to. I'm hoping for a We <3 Katamari approach as well. It makes sense in a nonsensical sort of way.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

It would rule if they did a movie based on the sneaky king videogame…

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

With all the sitcoms and movies for commerical mascots and whatnot, I'm holding out for an Erin Esurance flick now.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Neo Yi wrote:I'm holding out for an Erin Esurance flick now.
I'd like the guy in those commercials to use the opportunity to admit he's a fanboy stalker.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

See, now the Esurance commercials rock, and I would love to see them be turned into a animated series.

Only you know, without the car insurance stuff.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Honestly, I hate those commercials - but it might be related to the car insurance dialogue more than anything else.

That said, the instant they announce a Head-On movie, I'm committing seppuku.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

With Head-On?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

No, but I'm willing to apply directly to the forehead, regardless of how unorthodox that is for seppuku.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Them Head-On commercials could make a fine form of cruel and unusual punishment/torture.

Oh, and those Esurance commercials annoyed me too, mainly because of how awesome it could've been as an animated series yet it was being used to sell car insurance. Waste of talent if you ask me.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I did like the Samurai Jack-look they had. I would like to see a series also.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Samurai Jack was the most boring action cartoon I'd ever seen.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

That's if you look at it as a straight-up action toon. Which it's not.

The eSurance ads are a cool watch, until I remember, they look and play out a lot like Kim Possible. Eeeeeeeyuck.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Zeta wrote:Samurai Jack was the most boring action cartoon I'd ever seen.
Good thing it's not an action cartoon then.