Little Big Planet--a gorgeous new game for the PS3

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

That would be pretty neat!

Crush looks swell too, but it's kind of surprising how conceptually similar it is to Super Paper Mario! I'm really curious to see which game makes more clever use of this 2D to 3D mechanic.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Double-S- wrote:
One Classy Bloke wrote:I found Crush to be way more interesting that Little Big World. I mean, sure it looks very nice, but it looks pretty bland. I can't see much fun in designing levels then playing through them. You'd know all the solutions. If you could trade level maps online, they've could have something good though.
So, you didn't watch the trailer... Or read much about it.
I read plenty about it, and i watched the video. All i've seen is Tenchu's level creator, only in 2D form and with a super fancy physics engine. It really doesn't look like it has a lot of potential.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

I think the entire point of it is that you can trade level maps.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Yea, but typically when i buy a game, i don't usually expect to have to create the levels myself. Note: I realise there will probably be pre made maps, but i'm still uninterested in what is pretty much a user friendly devkit.

Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

Interesting.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

One Classy Bloke wrote:Yea, but typically when i buy a game, i don't usually expect to have to create the levels myself. Note: I realise there will probably be pre made maps, but i'm still uninterested in what is pretty much a user friendly devkit.
Then just download other people's maps. Half will suck of course, but as you can see there's a rating system planned so you won't have to sift through that crap if you don't want to.

Kelso

Post by Kelso »

There's a trailer for the level editor out now.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/gdc07/gdc07-th ... 242766.php
It looks pretty damn good to me.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Wooduck51 wrote:Shit, there is no way on earth I can justify a PS3, thus I will never get to play this possible masterpiece. I feel empty inside.....
The alternatives are "I rip your soul" Nintendo and "I own you" Microsoft, but yeah, the blue ray thing was a bad move, everyone knows the playstacion 1 and 2 only sold well because the CDs and DVDs format where cheap, but the blue ray format is expensive...it should have been an assesory, like the HD DVD thing for the Xbox 360...

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Just look at it this way: By the time they mark down the price to something we could afford and you're screaming about how you can't afford a $1000 PS4, you'll have one more good game to buy with that used PS3 you bought.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

PS4 may never happened. Have the sales of the PS3 picked up sufficently to save Sony from the threat of bankruptcy yet?

I don't care of Awesomest Game 5 - Special Edition comes out for the PS3. It's still not worth it. May be a problem if multiple such games come along, though. Square-Enix have ended their satanic blood pact with Sony now, right?

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

Owen Axel wrote:Have the sales of the PS3 picked up sufficently to save Sony from the threat of bankruptcy yet?
It's still yet to be released in Europe...

...And from your location, I'd've thought you'd've noticed that! Yeesh.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Owen Axel wrote:PS4 may never happened. Have the sales of the PS3 picked up sufficently to save Sony from the threat of bankruptcy yet?

I don't care of Awesomest Game 5 - Special Edition comes out for the PS3. It's still not worth it. May be a problem if multiple such games come along, though. Square-Enix have ended their satanic blood pact with Sony now, right?
It doesn't matter if the PS3 isn't selling well yet. The PS2 is still outselling every other console on the market.

Right now, Sony is positioning the PS3 as a luxury item and the PS2 as a budget item. And unlike Nintendo or MS, they're actually still SUPPORTING their older console with new software. They probably won't start phasing the PS2 out until the PS3 starts to come down in price and normal people can actually stand a chance of buying one.

I don't think they're in any danger. But that said, if this generation DID tank them you wouldn't see me getting all misty about it.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

The PS2 is still outselling every other console on the market.
Not anymore--at least in Japan and North America.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Samface wrote:
Owen Axel wrote:Have the sales of the PS3 picked up sufficently to save Sony from the threat of bankruptcy yet?
It's still yet to be released in Europe...

...And from your location, I'd've thought you'd've noticed that! Yeesh.
Historically, all entertainment gadgets sell not quite as well in Europe than the regions that see their release six months or so before. So if the PS3 hasn't sold that great in Japan and North-America, then golly gee wiz, it ain't gonna do much better over here.

Well, unless it's something that can run Championship Manager, of course. God, I'm so sick of those games.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Football games, right? Yeah, I'm sick of that kind of game on the other side of the Atlantic, too (although it's a completely different "football" and the primary, if not ONLY, offender is <i>Madden</i>).

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

I did not see any enemies in the trailer. There are going to be some right?

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

well, I hope you dont have to program the enemies AI, that would be hard....

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Just to spite you, you WILL have to program the AI yourself.

In ASM.

Get crackin'!