Wii are very frustrated. (SatSR) [Minor Spoilers Ahead?]

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I was wondering about the "snow" too. I think it's supposed to be the ashes from the Fire Ifrit burning the pages of the story.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Who was in charge of direction for this game, anyways? Whoever it was needs to be in charge of Sonicteam like PERMANENTLY. Really, this game only registers as an 8.0 on the Zeta scale due to a few small flaws (sliding and going backwards, namely), but the damn thing actually has me optimistic about the future of the series again. And after the wonky take on the Arabian Nights, I so very want to see all of the series' future characters and locations to be from anything else in the public domain. I hadn't realized how sick I'd gotten of the "Doctor Eggman unleashes an evil too powerful for him to control" plot.
Last edited by Zeta on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

See, when they first mentioned it, I just figured there'd be lava later on in the stage. I was sorely disappointed on that front.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

For that matter, they never explained what Shahra's relationship to Erazor was, or how the lamp was fixed.
Last edited by Zeta on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Thanks for using spoiler tags! Your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Oh the ending makes no sense anyways. So fuck you, whiny bitch. You shouldn't play Sonic games for amazing stories anyways.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Probably not, although it wouldn't hurt them to have a decent one at some point, even if this isn't it.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

You know, after looking through the list, that couldbefun.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Sonic wishes for Sahara to fix the lamp just before she dies. I believe he says something like "make it how it was before" or something along those lines. At the time you're meant to assume he's just talking about saving her life, but in the ending cut scene you find out he was referring to repairing the lamp.

WW

Post by WW »

Actually, Sonic was wishing for Sharha to not die. "I wish for you to not die, and go back to the way you were!" Shahra, being the genie of the ring, did'nt have the power to do that, but she was able to make the lamp the way it used to be. Call it selective hearing on the magic's part.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Sequel idea: Sonic returns the book from Secret Rings to it's library, and the Librarian, being an evil wizard, makes sonic journey through all of the books. (Alice in Wonderland, Jack and the Beanstalk, Peter Pan, etc.)

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

So Sonic meets Kingdom Hearts? Sonic in Wonderland, Neverneverland, and Camelot all sound awesome, but I'd rather have them be individual games for some reason.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

I was thinking <a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110763/">The Pagemaster</a>.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Actually, seeing as how the director loves God of War, we'll problably see Sonic take on the Hydra and the other labors of Hercules before we get around to other myths and fiction.

Sonic as the Pagemaster is what I expected this game to be, before it was discovered that the whole game would be 1001 Nights based.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

I haven't played the original (but I want to badly)

But the game was a rush job just to get Sonic on the Wii.

Now Sonic Team can actually focus on creating a very big in scale sequel, with bigger graphics, and much more worlds. The levels should be 'books' all comprising of an entire story, like Kirby Super Star. Here's how I envision the characters:

Jack: Sonic
The Giant: Big the Cat
Hansel and Gretel: Silver and Blaze
The Witch: Rouge the Bat
Red Riding Hood: Cream
Grandma: Vanilla
Big bad Wolf: Fang the Sniper
Peter Pan: Super Sonic
Wendy: Amy Rose
Captain Hook: Dr. Eggman
Tinkerbell: Tikal
Dr. Frankenstein: Professor Gerald
Frankenstein: (Zombified) Shadow
Captain Ahab: Tails
Moby Dick: Chaos

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Actually you know what I'd like to see? Characters playing roles that don't automatically land them on the same side as they normally are. Something like Knuckles as captain hook would be insanely entertaining and interesting. I guess they did make Eggman kind of neutral in Secret Rings though.

Also, I don’t think they should necessarily keep going for the storybook thing. It was nice in this game but now that the engine and framework has been set for more successful 3d sonic games, I think it's time for them to keep pushing it and do something really extreme. Like Sonic and Knuckles remade with the Secret Rings (hopefully improved) game play. That would be fucking fantastic in my opinion.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

I wouldn't mind another game to be made with the S3&K 3-character set up, but I'd hate for a complete remake. Mainly because Secret Rings hasn't convinced me that Sega will finally stop fucking things up.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Please, no Sonic remakes. We don't need S3&K to have some involved, attempting to be intricate plot. It's fine the way it is. More decent Sonic games? Yes please. Sonic remakes? Nooooooooooo.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I'm just glad they learned that moving slightly to the left and right on a stage shouldn't equal automantic death. Something that Crash Bandicoot, Mario, Spyro and a bunch of other 3D platformers figured out 10 FUCKING YEARS AGO.

Anyplace have the music to this thing up yet? My ears crave the Night Palace BGM again and again.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Locit wrote:
You know, after looking through the list, that couldbefun.
It very well could be, but then again, I called Chaos overpowering Eggman a "welcome change of pace" the first time I played SA1.