Attention New Members

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Re: Attention New Members

Post by j-man »

K2J wrote:On some other sites, I'm known as K2JMan, but I figured that would sound too similar to certain member on this forum.
Good lad. You made the right choice.

Looshi

Post by Looshi »

G.Silver wrote:I seem to recall that you had hentai on your site before it stopped being the official German version of the GHZ? I think that was one of the reasons we liked it.
I think that was some of the first hentai I ever saw. That was a while ago. I need to thank you for corrupting me.

Simmerl

Post by Simmerl »

Looshi wrote:I think that was some of the first hentai I ever saw. That was a while ago. I need to thank you for corrupting me.
"All things tend to corrupt perverted minds."
- Cicero. More than 2,000 years ago.

Meat

Post by Meat »

Yo, I'm Meat (which is a pun in Japanese based on my real name), single, male...

Wrong forum.

Lessee... I've lurked on the site for years, sometimes reading the forums, sometimes just the front page news section.

As for Sonic, I've been playing the games all the way back since the first one came out. My friend and I had an unspoken arrangement: I got the Nintendo stuff (though we both got an NES, no Master system for us during out Kindergarden years) while he picked up the Sega stuff. So I spent a lot of time at his house playing the original Sonic game. I'd eventually asked for a Genesis for myself, but my parents gifted me with a GameGear instead. For which I promptly bought Sonic. I even managed to beat it, but not with all the emeralds. Sonic 2 for the GG was pretty evil though. Can't get passed the first stage most of the time (even now!) and even when I do, I can never get the hangliders to work as they're supposed to. Anyway...

The early Sonic games remain some of my favorite games to this day, and I still subject myself to the newer games in the misguided hope that they will manage to create something that can remind me of the glory days. Of course, I'm a tad optomistic sometimes, though I try to be a pessimist- I actually planned to get Shadow the Hedgehog at launch. Luckily, a friend had rented it and I saw the horror of my ways in time.

Someone needs to rescue the Phantasy Star series and the Sonic series from Sonic Team's cold, rotting grip.

Hi!

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Hi Nick!
Meat wrote:Wrong forum.
That's the tacit assumption everyone does.

Meat

Re:

Post by Meat »

Isuka wrote:
Meat wrote:Wrong forum.
That's the tacit assumption everyone does.
Glad to see I'm unique! :wink:

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

But I'm vegetarian!
/me walks away.

Hello and welcome.

Xyton

Post by Xyton »

Meat wrote:Someone needs to rescue the Phantasy Star series and the Sonic series from Sonic Team's cold, rotting grip.
You make it sound like Sonic Team is dead! I mean, they keep making new games so OBVIOUSLY they're still alive and well.
...obviously....

Hubert J. Farnsworth wrote:...oh, I've made myself sad.

Alexis

Post by Alexis »

haaaaaay

oldie here. i've changed quite a bit since i was a regular here. i don't really have an interest in sonic or gaming and i guess i'm losing my nerdiness. my last crazy obsessive phase was ddr and now i just uhhhhh... don't do anything specific, i play a little bemani (konami's music games) and am pretty much a japanophile. i'm a junior in college and trying to get into an exchange program.

so i more just came by to say hi. i just got the PSO OST today and i was feeling blissfully nostalgic and it lead me over here <3

PS OMG FOIEEEEEE :F: :F: :F:

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Hey, you sound simultaneously sadder and more productive than most people here. Don't worry though, we'll scrub that right out. At least the latter one.

Welcome home.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Alexis wrote:i guess i'm losing my nerdiness.
Alexis wrote:i (...) am pretty much a japanophile.
... Huh?

Hulkshmash

Post by Hulkshmash »

Alexis wrote:PS OMG FOIEEEEEE :F: :F: :F:
I agree wholeheartedly. Where's rafoie and gifoie... I demand them.
And speaking of smiley things,
:D: :DR: :R: :P: HADOUKEN!

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

:D: :DL: :L: :K: -> Image

Also I maintain that :lol: is the worst smiley of all time.

Hulkshmash

Post by Hulkshmash »

Why isn't there a thread entirely dedicated to text based fighting using smileys?

oh and
Shadow Hog wrote: :D: :DL: :L: :K: -> Image
In response to that I... :G:

:lol: ...
What the hell is that thing doing?

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

There's a reason it crops at its neck.

Hulkshmash

Post by Hulkshmash »

So it's an octopus then?

I suppose I should actually use this chance to introduce myself.

I'm a wannabe artist, and a pitiful excuse for a sonic fan.

The reason I'm a pitiful fan? the only Sega console I EVER owned was the Dreamcast (I guess the game gear too, but yeah...). I had begged for a Sega console since I was 4, and I got a Super Nintendo when I was about 7. Luckily, my friend had a genesis, so I just went over to his house constantly and played as tails (I always thought tails was awesome until adventure 2, adventure 1 made me doubt him, until the ending). Not to mention I was TERRIBLE at the games, although I was decently good at exploiting tails (which isn't too hard).

The reason I'm a pitiful excuse for an artist, is this http://www.shmash.deviantart.com, in other words, my coloring is terrible.
And yes, I realize you don't plan to click on that link.

Furaru

Post by Furaru »

Hello,
I am known as Furaru on the forums that I go to.

I was actually working on a new avatar looking for a Green Hill Zone picture to used as a background when I came upon this forum. It is AWESOME as I am a huge Sonic fan. I played all Sonic games. Predominately on the Sega Genesis, however, when it comes to the GC and PS2 games I fell behind as I never owned either of those systems. I hope that they'll come out with a good Sonic game again, but that's kind of like hoping that the Apocalypse will fall upon man soon and destroy the world. A good Sonic game nowadays seems like nothing more than a dream. Sonic is what got me into Video Games, and it was playing Sonic everyday when I was younger that kept me sane. Sonic was the reason that I never did my homework when I was younger and was what I used to prove that I was better than my friends.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Furaru wrote: hope that they'll come out with a good Sonic game again, but that's kind of like hoping that the Apocalypse will fall upon man soon and destroy the world.
The apocalypse will come, it's inevitable. Humanity is already preparing it. One day we will destroy most life on Earth, be it by our general pollution, a nuclear war or anything like that. But the Earth will live on. A few races will survive and begin to create a new ecosystem. The apocalypse is not the end, it's a reset (unless we manage to completely bomb open the planet). Like the flood that caused Noah to build his ark.
And maybe one of the new races that will form will eventually become intelligent enough to make a good Sonic game. ....haha.
EDIT: Oh, and hello and welcome.

Hulkshmash

Post by Hulkshmash »

P.P.A. wrote:
Furaru wrote: hope that they'll come out with a good Sonic game again, but that's kind of like hoping that the Apocalypse will fall upon man soon and destroy the world.
One day we will destroy most life on Earth, be it by our general pollution, a nuclear war or anything like that. But the Earth will live on. A few races will survive and begin to create a new ecosystem.
PSO says otherwise, and PSO was awesome.

Furaru

Post by Furaru »

The apocalypse will come, it's inevitable. Humanity is already preparing it. One day we will destroy most life on Earth, be it by our general pollution, a nuclear war or anything like that. But the Earth will live on. A few races will survive and begin to create a new ecosystem. The apocalypse is not the end, it's a reset (unless we manage to completely bomb open the planet). Like the flood that caused Noah to build his ark.
Kinda like when you tried to run the cartridge systems (genesis, NES, SNES, N64, etc.) and the game didn't run so you just hit the reset button that systems don't even have anymore?
And maybe one of the new races that will form will eventually become intelligent enough to make a good Sonic game. ....haha.
Don't get ahead of yourself now.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Furaru wrote: Kinda like when you tried to run the cartridge systems (genesis, NES, SNES, N64, etc.) and the game didn't run so you just hit the reset button that systems don't even have anymore?
The Wii has a reset button.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

It's so old-school... alternatively, you hit the power button instead of keeping it depressed or press all the buttons in whatever controller you have in order to reset your machine, but nothing compares to a proper RESET button.

EDIT: Also, about the apocalypse and stuff.
Matt Warner wrote:Take a look around most any videogame forum and you'll come across a lot of threads that seem to boil down to "[Popular Game X] (and/or) [Indie Game Y] do not live up to my own extremely exacting and customized yet simultaneously nebulous and vague criteria for what makes a game excellent so I cannot understand why everyone else likes it and now I'm going to compare it to a bunch of games I haven't played since I was a kid and lament the fact that nothing is that good anymore."
Now, who are those people he's talking about?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

The french.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

/v/.

DackAttac

Re:

Post by DackAttac »

Isuka wrote:
Matt Warner wrote:Take a look around most any videogame forum and you'll come across a lot of threads that seem to boil down to "[Popular Game X] (and/or) [Indie Game Y] do not live up to my own extremely exacting and customized yet simultaneously nebulous and vague criteria for what makes a game excellent so I cannot understand why everyone else likes it and now I'm going to compare it to a bunch of games I haven't played since I was a kid and lament the fact that nothing is that good anymore."
Now, who are those people he's talking about?
I actually really liked that rant. Granted, I'm not going to stop bitching about Sonic games, but still. I definitely agree that linearity is a genre, not a shortcoming. That rung true.