Spider-Man 3 Venom artwork

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
cjmcray

Spider-Man 3 Venom artwork

Post by cjmcray »

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

looks sweet and it's coming out may 4, alot sooner than I thought it would.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

GOOD GOD YES.

I've been WAITING for images of Venom for AGES--he's my fav Spider-Man villain.

Doesn't look as muscle-bulky as his comic-book incarnation, but the rest of it is CHOICE. Love how they made it look like an even more warped version of Spidey's suit.

Two thumbs up for me!

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Yami CJMErl wrote:Two thumbs up for me!

Most people wait to see the film first.

I'll definitely see it. Once, anyway. Both the Spider-Man flicks were great upon the first watch. However, the first one did not hold up well on the second watch. Or the third. I forget what the second time was, but the third one I didn't have much of a choice in. Never saw the second one again, didn't want to repeat history.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Spider-Man 2 was considerably better, due to the fact it got a new writer, (a pulitzer winner) Alvin Sargent. (not to mention a bigger budget) He was able to really play the dramatic aspect of Peter Parker, showing how he was basically at his wit's end juggling the two lives.

Spider-Man 1 was done by some other writer, David Koepp, and while it was a good movie, he basically just went for a Hollywood popcorn flick. (The 'hot' kiss scene, Macy Gray concert) Not to say Spider-Man 2 wasn't a Hollywood popcorn flick, it just had a lot more emotion, drama and character development, whilst Spider-Man 1 was just 'Wee i'm Spider-Man! I'm gonna stop the Green Goblin!' with limited amounts of drama and emotion. (I did like the MJ/Peter relationship, though. Very relatable stuff.) It's still a good movie, but Spider-Man 2 just beat the pants off of it in every concievable way, from the character development, emotional aspect, and action.

Unfortunetly, Alvin won't be returning for the fourth film. (neither will Tobey) The writer of Spider-Man 1 has been approached by Sony to pen Spider-Man 4.

But really, I think the series should end at 3. There aren't really any 'cool' villains left to explore, now that Sandman, Doc Ock, Venom and Green Goblin have been used. What's left? Vulture? Kraven? The only one I can think of is Carnage, and he's basicallly just a Venom recolor with tentacle thingies all over his body.

Besides, what will happen to Peter in 4 that will really be that interesting? 1 had the whole 'i'm a kid with superpowers! yayyy!'
2 had 'I can't do this anymore!' 3 will focus on Peter's inflated ego due to being Spider-Man, and the supressed anger and desire for revenge he feels when he finds out Sandman killed his Uncle.
Last edited by cjmcray on Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

They are doing a fourth without Tobey and some of the other main cast? Boooooooo!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yeah, that should be an obvious bad idea for everyone.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

cjmcray wrote:Besides, what will happen to Peter in 4 that will really be that interesting?
They could clone him.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

And then what? Have the clone around sceaming "BROTHER!" every five seconds while some major villain gets his hand cut off, only for <i>Spider-Man 5</i> to have the major villain return with a new hand, which came from the Peter clone, who then takes over the body of said major villain?

Of course, I could have that course of events all wrong; I never did play <i>MGS</i>. Any of them.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

A whole movie of just Spidey versus Mysterio would be prime. Especially if those rumours of Bruce Campbell being revealed as Quentin Beck in the third film are true.

But seriously, I'll be happy with three consecutive super hero movies of acceptable quality. Spider-Man will likely be the first franchise to ever actually pull that off.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Light Speed wrote:They are doing a fourth without Tobey and some of the other main cast? Boooooooo!
Well, Tobey didn't exactly flat out say he wouldn't, but he said in many different interviews that he feels there aren't any stories left to tell for Peter Parker after the third one, and he probably won't return to play Peter Parker in the fourth film.

I read that He didn't even wanna do Spider-Man 2, but he was contracted to do it, and he liked the script. (He's been under contract with sony to do three films)

Tobey seems to be an actor who wants to play a large variety of roles. (artsy, dramatic stuff like Seabiscuit, and that black & white George Clooney movie he was in a few months ago) He doesn't wanna just be known as 'the guy who played Spider-Man' So now that his contract is up with 3, he probably won't return for number 4.

Kirsten originally said this would be her last Spider-Man film, but recently said in an interview that she won't return for another unless Raimi is on board, suggesting the possibility of returning for a fourth.
Last edited by cjmcray on Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Darn! the image is down! wheres the image?

EDIT: nevermind, I guess it fixed.

YES! THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT BABY!

Venom looks great!

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Senbei wrote:
cjmcray wrote:Besides, what will happen to Peter in 4 that will really be that interesting?
They could clone him.
banned.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Surprised nobody's mentioned the Lizard...

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

The Lizard seems like more of a side-villain to me, and they've already done the scientist thing with Doc Ock (and a seemingly good scientist turned evil and crazy, no less!) and the horrifying monster is happening with Venom, so, really, what's he gonna do? I kinda like the Rhino also, but not very interesting for a whole movie, I think.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

The Lizard is a budget Hulk, mostly. Not much you could do with him alone. The same goes for Electro, Mysterio, Rhino, Kraven, Hydroman, Vulture, Chameleon, Scorpion, Shocker, Calypso, Jack O Lantern, Man-Wolf, Swarm, Hammerhead, and Beetle.

Really, the Clone Saga IS the only big Spiderman villain setup you could do without dipping into Sinister Six/Batman and Robin 12 badguys at once territory.

And the Clone Saga has potential. The only reason it sucked so hard in the comics was because:
* They dragged it out for several years when it should've lasted 10 issues, at most
* They kept on changing their minds about the ending.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Another one, it looks video gameish.

Also I dont get why so many artist forget or dislike the white squares on the back of his palm.

The whole Venom with a spiderman suit reference is nice but its kinda weird, but atleast he looks freaking cool and not a blob like they wanted to make him atfirst.

Way to go Spiderman crew!

Im glad Venom is in this one as he is my fav Spiderman char, and if Tobey refuses a 4th spiderman, atleast he fought with Venom. :smile:

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Technically, Venom has always STARTED as a blob of some sort...

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Yami CJMErl wrote:Technically, Venom has always STARTED as a blob of some sort...
Well I ment when Eddie merged with the alien instead of a cool guy in a monster suit one of they ideas was Eddie trapped inside a goo.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Hmm. Intriguing.

http://www.codenamerevolution.com/?p=4220

I found some info on the Spider-Man 3 game.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

So, a new Spidey 3 trailer was shown with 300 and featured Venom.

I'm suprised nobody here's discussed this already.

It was the same shot from the comi-con trailer, only now it's clearer and the CG is finished.

It ended with a scene of a badly beaten Spidey walking through a darkly-lit area, and Venom's hands yanking him off-screen.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Hmm, the first time I saw 300 it was a prescreening on Wednesday without previews, and the second time was in IMAX with the old Spidey trailer so I didn't get to see this new one. However, the part where Spiderman sees his reflection in the building was badass at IMAX, you could see condensation on the glass and everything.

Remix

Post by Remix »

cjmcray wrote:
Senbei wrote:
They could clone him.
banned.
A feasible idea. Good thinking.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Feasible, perhaps, but not a good idea. I was only joking.

Yeah, I saw the new Spider-Man trailer and was a little upset that they gave away so much of what looks like the bell tower scene. I mean, sure we all know what's going to happen, but I'd rather see it happen during the movie, not the trailer. It actually killed my excitement a tad.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I guess they'd never do a Spider-man film with the Kingpin in it, since they used him in Daredevil. That's really a shame... he's been in the middle of a lot of great Spidey stories. He'd also provide a way to work in villains who could never carry a film by themselves, like Electro. They could basically be his hired goons.

The original Clone Saga was a disaster. The remake that just ran in Ultimate Spider-man was really great, though. The Ultimate version of the story could never work as a part of the film series... it involves too many characters who are either dead or who don't exist in the film universe... but it does go to show that it's possible to have a Clone Saga that doesn't totally blow.