Sonicthehedgehogmovie.com domain name purchased.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Poison Eggroll wrote:I always thought Tails looked out of place next to Sonic. If you ask me, his pre-Sonic Adventure design fit more with the SatAM crew than he did next to Sonic. It wasn't until Knuckles that the games managed to create a character that felt like a character design that actually belonged as a main character in a Sonic game.
I don't know 'bout that. Tails would slightly looked out of place if you factored in his American redesign. Even then, Tails fit in more with Sonic due to his white gloves, non-colored eyes and shoes than the rest of the SatAM characters.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

P.S: I just saw the end of the japanese version of episode 52 of Sonic X. I take back anything bad I ever said about the show.

Except for what I said about changing the Tornado.

And the overabundance of human characters in some episodes.

And some episodes being animated bad.

The scene I saw may have been all bubblegum cute and girlish, but the animation and music.. damn. THAT'S how a Sonic movie should look (and sound)
Last edited by cjmcray on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KitsuneDarkStalker

Post by KitsuneDarkStalker »

Tails sucks. He always has. We used to play paper rock scissors to determine who got to be Sonic, and whoever got to be Tails usually screamed and pulled out the other player's hair, simply for the fact that they had to be Tails.

Not much has changed in 14 years, except for hair-pulling being exchanged with fist fighting and all that.

You know, if Sonic was like Growing Pains (which isn't too far from the truth), Tails would either be Leonardo DiCaprio or that little girl in the later seasons.

Of course, Sonic didn't jump the shark with Sonic 2. I'm not that stupid. Sonic 2 is my favorite of the Genesis games. But if you believe in curses and that kinda shit, Tails is the fox that set the ball rolling, people.

Tails is just the most fucking stupid character ever. Well I take that back, because NO ONE LIKES FUCKING CHARMY THE BEE, and NO ONE LIKES FUCKING CREAM AND CHEESE, but still, Tails was the first.

And yeah, I just said no one likes fucking cream and cheese. But I haven't heard any other cheese fornication references in here, so you know, just looking out for you guys. Or something.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

So I take it you never played <i>Sonic 3 & Knuckles</i> as Tails, then. Which is a shame, because he's really worth playing as there.

That said, I find it funny how you hate the only "kitsune" in the Sonic series despite apparently liking them enough to have the term in your screen name.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

KitsuneDarkStalker wrote: Tails is just the most fucking stupid character ever.
You = fail.

Tails only started sucking since Heroes (stuck constantly in flight, adds nothing to story, baby voice) and Sonic X (4Kids voice. Ugh. Maybe he's more appealing in the japanese version..)

He used to be Sonic's faithful sidekick, but now that Sonic Team has gone character crazy, Tails is no longer a sidekick, or even Sonic's best friend. He's merely one of the hundreds of faces in the crowd cluttering up Sonic games. He's never used in storylines other than to just add a character to play as, (and his new 'ring toss attack is terrible) so he has begun to get annoying.

But back in the day, Tails was the coolest.

I suggest you check out a little cartoon known as Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. The animation isn't much, but it has the best, most likable version of Tails to date. And he doesn't sound like a girl. He actually sounds like a boy. Crazy.

P.S: back in '92, that helicoptery tail thing was the shit.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

NO ONE LIKES FUCKING CREAM AND CHEESE
I like CHEESE.

He's a tiny god of death.
But if you believe in curses and that kinda shit, Tails is the fox that set the ball rolling, people.
I think it's just as stupid to take Sega's opinion and say "We need a new character in every game" as it is to say "The series should only have one character - Sonic."

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

If nobody likes Tails, what about Tails Doll?

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

So the gist of the previous page's discussion was "Satam characters are bad because they don't look enough like Felix the Cat". That's some quality debate right there.

The only thing that'd really matter to me about which characters appear in a possible movie is that they take a major backseat to the title character. Secondary supporting cast, I can live with.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Owen Axel wrote: The only thing that'd really matter to me about which characters appear in a possible movie is that they take a major backseat to the title character. Secondary supporting cast, I can live with.
That's the problem. If it were SatAM based, Sonic will take a backseat to Sally, just as he did in the show, and the comics.

I recall Richard Kuta making a statement on a topic about the proposed film at TSS, at one point, he expressed his enthusiasm
about the film if it were approved, and said something along the lines of..

"The film is going to be great. There's a lot of action in it, Sally really f***s Robotnik up later on in the film."

He thinks he's going to helm a Sonic movie, and his first enthusiastic statement about what will be in the movie is about Princess Sally.

THAT is why a SatAM movie must never be made. It'll be all Sally, with Sonic only showing up to give some action when all the other characters have contributed enough animal emoshit.
Last edited by cjmcray on Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rolken

Post by Rolken »

cjmcray wrote:P.S: back in '92, that helicoptery tail thing was the shit.
Complete truth. Tails was leaps and bounds over the current crop of generic animals. A helicopter fox was both bizarre and cool in the same way that a supersonic hedgehog was. Now everything's just a talking animal, with subtypes immature/arrogant/oblivious and speed/power/flying. Back in the day, Knuckles was an exotic character with a unique story and fresh abilities who was tricked by Eggman because he didn't know the history of the whole Sonic vs Eggman rivalry; now he's just an gullible fool and a "power character".

Sonic Heroes really emphasized how little distinction any of the huge array of characters actually have by its segregation of four identical groups.

edit: also the notion of actually doing physical damage to Robotnik (if indeed that's what he meant by 'f***s up') is as loathsome to me as Mario doing the Princess.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Yami CJMErl wrote:If nobody likes Tails, what about Tails Doll?
There is no Tails Doll.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Strawberry cream cheese on a blueberry bagel kicks ass okay guys

KitsuneDarkStalker

What's with everybody having the Stormtrooper avatar? :lol:

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Read the sig shoppe thread.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

So basically this one tool wrote a piece of fanfiction dedicated to his love of Princess Sally and is trying to get it turned into the Sonic the Hedgehog movie?

I fucking HATE Princess Sally.

KitsuneDarkStalker

I hate Princess Sally too. Sonic doesn't really need a female co-star.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Warning: Long

So, all this talk of a Sonic movie got me thinking, and i've been noodling an idea of a Sonic film myself, mainly becuase a Sonic movie is something i've wanted since I was 8, and all the proposed ideas for a film right now sound horrible. Here's how I personally, think a film should be done. There's a few changes to the story of the games, but nothing too major. (Sonic & Knuckles first meet in the Adventure 1 adaption, which would be the third film.)

Basically, i'd have it be a CGI trilogy (from the people behind Shadow and 2K6's cutscenes) of Sonic & Tails ongoing journey to collect all seven Chaos Emeralds, with some backstory on Eggman's past. Eggman being his nickname from childhood, when kids would make fun of him, and Robotnik being the name he dons himself with when he becomes the villain we all know and love. (The Polish word for worker is actually Robotnik, so I decided to use that in the story) Gerald's last name is not Robotnik in this series, it's simply unknown. Robotnik would call himself both Eggman & Robotnik in the films. mostly Robotnik, only becuase it sounds more sinister. He does however, call himself Eggman at one point. When talking with someone over the computer (The Mayor of a large city Eggman destroys with Eclipse Cannon, who was a bully of his from childhood, Eggman responds to the Mayor asking 'who are you?' by saying 'I am the Eggman.' then ka-boomie.) Eggman would use both his SEGASonic and SA outfits throughout the course of the trilogy, but mostly his SA-outfit.

Sonic the Hedgehog Movie
Character Details

Dr. Robotnik: An orphan at the age of 5, he was taken into the care of his Grandfather, Professor Gerald, the world's most brilliant scientist. He looked up to his grandfather for his large intellect, and wanted to become a scientist just like him. Gerald would tell him stories everynight about how he grew up in Poland, and how workers in Poland were called Robotnik's. It was a few years later that Gerald's grandaughter Maria was born, and soon Gerald showed more attention to her. Maria was diagnosed with a disease affecting the blood cells, making her body unable to fight off infections and diseases, Gerald decided he would make it his life's work to cure her. He sent her to Space Colony ARK, a research facility which houses the leading scientists and doctors. While he worked on his new project, a weapon for the military, Maria could be given care in a safe, germ-free enviroment, watched closely by the staff of ARK. Gerald promised Eggman he would return once Maria was cured, and they would be a family. However, the Government came in, shutting down all research on development of Gerald's new project, and killed everyone they saw. Gerald got away, but later learned Maria was killed in the raid. He was sent to prison, for reasons unknown to himself. The Government considered Gerald's project too dangerous, and could be a threat to mankind, and so they considered him a terrorist. Gerald was later executed in prison, and Eggman was left an orphan. Gerald's will left all of his fortune, and ownership of his large engernieering company to Eggman. Eggman, still bitter over Gerald's wrongful death, and mad at all the people who wronged him in life, such as childhood bullies, who called him 'Eggman' he then decided to take revenge on the planet, donning the name Gerald told him in his bedtime stories. Robotnik. He used the fortune he inherited to create all the labs and technology Eggman is associated with in the games.

Sonic the Hedgehog: A carefree, fun-loving teenage hedgehog. Sonic is a loner, living on a small tropical island, called WestSide Island. He doesn't really have much of a memory, the first thing he remembers is just running. One day, he sees smog in the distance, and looking to the source of it, sees a large set of labortories, with all of his animal friends being carried away to it in cages. Suddenly, airships fly overhead with searchlights. Sonic flees, and when he gets to safety, meets a strange
elderly echinda who tells him of seven jewels known as Chaos Emeralds, that can save his homeland. Sonic then begins a journey in what originally was just to save his home, which later becomes a journey to save the entire planet from Dr. Robotnik, who wants the jewels for himself. The Chaos Emeralds give off energy which burns anyone who touches them, however, when Sonic touches one, he is unharmed, and feels a rush of adrenaline. Sonic sees a connecton between the Emerald and himself, and wants to find all seven, in order to find out what it all means. Sonic is sarcastic, narcissitic, and a bit of wisecracker, constantly making little quips at Robotnik, and anyone who he doesn't particularly care for. He loves loud music, and anything that gives him a rush of adrenaline. He also has a weakness for pretty girls, whom he constantly flirts with, should he see one. They pretty much all ignore him, or just laugh at his pathetic come-on's.

Miles "Tails" Prower: An orphaned fox born with two tails. Miles was considered a freak by the other animals of WestSide Island, and became an outcast. Tails has a great intellect, from all the books he's read in the abandoned library his home island houses. He loves to build things as well. When Sonic's plane, the Tornado, crash-lands on WestSide Island, Miles fixes it for him. He & Sonic later become friends, and join together to find the Seven Emeralds. Tails is a nickname given to him by Sonic.

Knuckles the Echinda: A savage, violent creature, who lives in a dark and dreary island, known as Angel Island. Many years ago, Angel Island used to float in the sky, powered by The seven Chaos Emeralds. Knuckles was guardian of all seven, to keep the emeralds from falling into the wrong hands. One day, something happened, and all the seven emeralds disappeared overnight. Angel Island was sent crashing into the ocean, and ever since has been a dark and gloomy land. Knuckles, feeling a failure at his job, isolated himself on the island, eatings bugs for nourishment. A very angry, and voilatile creature, Knuckles also has large amounts of strength in his two hands, which can tear down trees, and break rocks. Robotnik later learns of Knuckles, and decides to use Knuckles' "Emerald-sense" (kindof like a Spidey-Sense, that lets Knuckles know when Emeralds are near) to help him track all seven Emeralds. Knuckles later looks up to Eggman as somewhat of a father, for giving him a home in his Egg Carrier, and clothing him with fancy sneakers and gloves. Eggman tells Knuckles that Sonic & Tails are the ones who stole the emeralds years ago, and so Knuckles' fury is waged against the two. Knuckles is later on equipped with armor from Eggman, to enhance his strength. Unknown to Knuckles, it's really a mind-control device which will turn Knuckles into a mindless slave. Sonic gets into an intense battle with Knuckles on the Egg Carrier, and frees Knuckles from the device. The two team-up against Eggman, and Eggman's new ally, Chaos 6. Knuckles is grateful to Sonic for his help, but doesn't have need for friends, and returns to Angel Island. Despite how rude and careless he acts towards Sonic, he promises to repay him one day for his help. Something he does at the end of the third film, by letting Sonic borrow the Seven Emeralds, in order to become Super Sonic and defeat Perfect Chaos.

Amy Rose: The obligatory love interest, to add some emotion to the storyline. Sonic's childhood friend, who has had a crush on him for years. Sonic used to consider Amy to have 'cooties' back then, and would run from her a lot. Despite this, the two were still great friends. Something happened between the two one day, (blame my poor writing skills for that. Fill in the blank with whatever reason you want) and Sonic took off running. Amy felt abandoned and lonesome. Now in her teen years, she crosses paths with Sonic once more, in a large and vibrant city, called Station Square, and she once again, falls for him. She debuts in the second film. Their relationship is about the same as the one in Sonic X. Hints here and there, at the end, no big kiss or anything like that, (This isn't SatAM or 2k6) we just learn they care for each other.

Shadow the Hedgehog: Gerald's creation on the ARK, which led to Maria's death. Shadow was implanted with memories of Maria, which causes him to believe he knew her, and now he wants revenge on the world for her death. Shadow was locked away in a branch of the Government known as G.U.N, becuase he was considered too powerful and dangerous. Eggman, after being defeated by Sonic in the end of the first film, is sent into prison, the exact same cell his grandfather, Gerald was in. Under the mattress, he sees his Grandfather's diary, with pages and pages on Project: Shadow. In the second film, he has escaped from prison, and breaks into G.U.N, freeing Shadow. Shadow tells Eggman to meet him on the ARK, and later shows him the Eclipse Cannon, a weapon capable of destroying an entire planet. It needs, however, 7 Chaos emeralds, to be fully powered. Shadow, isn't exactly telling the truth, as when all seven Emeralds are put into it, a program is begun, which sends the ARK crashing into Earth. With the emeralds energy, the explosion created by the ARK will destroy the planet. Something Gerald had planned while in prison. Shadow was all too happy to carry out Gerald's plan. However, Shadow later has a memory of Maria, which gives him a change of heart, and he keeps the ARK from destroying earth, but he dies in the process. Shadow is a quiet, and brooding character, who constantly thinks of Maria. Despite how he distances himself from everyone, and keeps quiet, when a job needs to be done, or something gets in the way of his goals, Shadow can become very violent, and cause lots of destruction. While Sonic sees Shadow to be evil, and a powerful threat to mankind, Shadow sees Sonic as merely an annoyence, rather than a powerful foe.

Rouge the Bat: A mysterious thief, who robs museums of priceless jewels. She is later given the task of by a mysterious group, to pretend to aid Eggman and Shadow in their quest for world domination, giving the group info on Eggman and Shadow while she does so. The group will reward her with diamonds and other assorted jewels for her cooperation. She later harbors feeligs for Shadow, but things go sour between the two, once Sonic & Tails board the ARK, and Eggman and Shadow's plans seem to fall apart. Despite that, she still feels sadness for Shadow's death later on. She gives up working for the group, and returns to her life as a thief.

Nack the Weasel: His real name is Nack the Weasel, but to his clients, he is known as Fang the Sniper. An excellent bounty-hunter, who is given the task of killing Sonic & Tails, as Eggman comes close to completing his goal of acquiring all seven Emeralds. His is full of greed and cunning. He has a strong Austrailian accent.

WW

Post by WW »

I don't like it.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

I like some parts of it. A trilogy based on the games is something I'd watch.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Keanu fails for lack of blue spiky hair.

KitsuneDarkStalker

WW wrote:I don't like it.
I do, NACK THE WEASEL FTW!

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

The movie shall be a comedy about Sonic showing off his secret ring and flipping people off without realizing it.

And I'm sorry, BUT DAMMIT, THE WHOLE "Shadow has false memories thing" WAS PROVEN UNTRUE! The trilogy idea is good though.

KitsuneDarkStalker

Wooduck51 wrote:The movie shall be a comedy about Sonic showing off his secret ring
LOL.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Wooduck51 wrote: And I'm sorry, BUT DAMMIT, THE WHOLE "Shadow has false memories thing" WAS PROVEN UNTRUE! The trilogy idea is good though.
Not to get off-topic, but that doesn't make any sense. Shadow has memories of Maria on the ARK.

However, Gerald said at the end of SA2, that he found out about Maria's death, and THEN completed his Project, Shadow. Meaning Maria was dead before Shadow was even created.

Therefore, any memories Shadow has of Maria HAVE to be fake.