Gears of War!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Isambard

Gears of War!

Post by Isambard »

Do you have it? Do you need someone to shoot things in the face with? I just got on Live with my BRAND NEW 360!!1111 And I need partners to blow things up with.

I'm also going to pick up Chromehounds and NFS: Carbon in a couple days. My brother is fine to play with, but we need more people to hook up some truly grueling matches.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

No, I do not. I sure as hell WANT to, though.

Regardless, I'm at college, where I have only three things to play games on:
  • a mid-range (gaming-wise) PC, capable of playing <i>Oblivion</i> without much trouble, so long as I don't mind standard resolution instead of widescreen;
  • A DS (Phat, blue)
  • A Wii (launch day, for the record)
Another person on the floor has a 360 and <i>GoW</i>, but I don't plan on moving my gamertag from the 360 at home (well, ONE of them) to the one here, since I have no idea how well that'd work (and the account doesn't have Gold anyway). Gamertag's ShadHog, though (I know, it's <b>so</b> creative).

Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

I had it for a while. Beleive or not, I didn't care for it. Too realistic for my tastes, I suppose. That, and, the cover-gimmick got old pretty fast for me. Not saying the game is bad, of course. Plenty of people like it.

The online community wasn't exactly admirable, either. I know that's true for every online community, but this one in particular just didn't sit with me right. For example, there's ramped cheating in ranked matches. To be expected, I guess...

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I have Gears of War, as well as Chromehounds, but I'm kinda chromed out. I stopped playing back in October or something, I think I ended with like a hundred hours or something like that.

I play Gears off and on so I kinda suck, but its still a good time. Nothing like blowing someone to pieces with that perfectly aimed shotgun blast.

Anyway, my gamertag is Jebus7 feel free to add me. Sometimes my roommates play on my Xbox profile so if you don't get a response from me when you invite me or something its probably one of them. They usually just play Oblivion or something and ignore all messages and invites sent to them cause they know they're for me.

Isambard

Post by Isambard »

Cool I'll add you.

Did you download the new Crackdown demo yet? It's fun as hell to mess aroiund with and it's got co-op support.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I did, but I haven't played it on Co-op yet. I definitely plan on getting it come February though.

Isambard

Post by Isambard »

Not to keep bumping this post up but LS I searched for your gamertag and it wouldn't find it. Try adding me? It's IsambardX.

Also, anyone got Need for Speed: Carbon? I'm looking for people to race with.

And finally...did anyone play Phantasy Star Online for the 360? Is it worth it? Does it suck? Should I not give up my social life once more?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I got on my Xbox last night and had a friend request from you, I accepted it and as far as I know everything worked out like it normally did. You are on my friends list right now, I just checked on Xbox.com.

As for PSO, I assume you meant PSU. I played it on Xbox for awhile, I just canceled my subscription a few days ago actually. I don't know why, but it just never sucked me in like PSO did.