Dreams Of An Absolution - WTF...

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
KitsuneDarkStalker

Dreams Of An Absolution - WTF...

Post by KitsuneDarkStalker »

OK, so I downloaded it, and it's great. It almost sounds like it came off of Daft Punk's Discovery album except it's TOO minimal. All it is is those Green Hill-esque chords, that Cher-style vocoder, and a flabby 909 kick. Not just that, it NEVER goes anywhere. It's the oppisite of Nu-NRG, it stays at a SLOW tempo and never has any change.

The artist tag has (Remix Factory) in it, so did I get a remix version or something? If not, it REALLY is a shame, this could have been a KICKASS song, as of now it's only pleasurable.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

The "DoaA" song you listened to is indeed the original--it has the "Remix Factory" tag on it 'cause the guy who made it is a member of that group.

HOWEVER! The SONIC 360 "Several Wills" Vocal Album has a remix of the song with lyrics by the same artost as the original, but with Jun Senoue himself doing guitar. I find it to be 10x better than the original song--go look it up at Shadow of a Hedgehog.
Last edited by Yami CJMErl on Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KitsuneDarkStalker

Thank you, I will do that. :)

EDIT: Can't find it. :(

Double EDIT: Shadow of a Hedghog - NOT SONIC ROMS! D'oh! >_<

KitsuneDarkStalker

Well, Shadow doesn't have it, http://www.shadowhaxor.net/ does but you have to download the whole CD. At least it's only 65MB! :) Thanks for the reccomendation.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

*shurgs* Eeh, as long as you can get the CD, you can get the remix.

KitsuneDarkStalker

OMFG! You're RIGHT! This version kicks ass! The CD also has the alternate version of His World (which I've been looking for), but the rest of the CD is USELESS. (A-KON? WTF likes A-KON!?)

But this is amazing, THANK YOU!

EDIT: NVM, there is no A-KON on this disc. The world is a BETTER place without him.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

I can hardly hear the vocals in the Crush 40 version of His World. But I've been complaining about that with a lot of records lately. Maybe my headphones are on the way out.

PS - If anyone has a high-quality scan/album art that doesn't have the PlayAsia watermark, please let me know. I didn't upgrade my RAM just to not abuse all of iTunes' cover art features.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I don't have a boner for music theory and I enjoy Dreams of Absolution for what it is.

That is all.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Holy pancake-rolling Jesus, My Destiny is the new You're My Hero.

EDIT - I though I was about done. I pull up the player and it's halfway through the track. This is a sic—Oh, a key change. Didn't see that shit coming.

Black Rook
Mundane Cake Recipes

Post by Black Rook »

Not digging the Senoue version of Dreams. The vocal style and melody kind of clash with the guitar, if you ask me, and the song ends up sounding like it has no idea what it wants to be.

Though, the Crush 40 version of His World trumps the Zebrahead one. I still prefer the instrumental version from the E3 trailer better than either.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

I don't know what to make out of the Crush 40 version of His World because it doesn't sound like Crush 40 at all. The AHS cover was pretty much what you'd expect, but I wouldn't have picked up on their His World if no one told me who it was. I think I still prefer the Zebrahead version due to the "It's a Sonic game, let's speed it up a bit" and because of the extra lines in the chorus.

"When you leap without a net you'll find / it won't be there all the time / So watch your step, watch your step / don't fall"

Sounds like we're not the only ones fed up with the bottomless pits.

Gotta give Jun and Johnny credit for working their way into a soundtrack that they pretty much weren't invited to.

KitsuneDarkStalker

BlazeHedgehog wrote:I don't have a boner for music theory and I enjoy Dreams of Absolution for what it is.

That is all.
I don't have a boner for music theory NOR do I have a boner for sparsely arranged songs.

That is all.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

I've always liked Leebro's Sonic remixes. Figures I'd enjoy this, too.