Some music-related thing I was wondering about

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Shadow Hog

Some music-related thing I was wondering about

Post by Shadow Hog »

<a href="http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/5/ ... .mp3">This MP3</a> showcases two very similar parts of two very different tunes. The first is from <i>Streets of Rage 3</i>. The second, <i>Spy Hunter</i>.

My question is not whether these are similar, but if this, in fact, is in comparison with another, more-popular music tune which I've never heard of before, or if <i>SoR</i> really ripped off <i>Spy Hunter</i>.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

While we're on the subject, I'm almost certain I've heard the intro tune from Ranger-X in the opening of a movie of sorts, but I have absolutely no idea which. Anyone here have any idea what I'm talking about?

KitsuneDarkStalker

Post by KitsuneDarkStalker »

The Spy Hunter song is an arrangement of the "Peter Gunn" theme, which was the theme to an old 1960's cop show (obviously enough, called Peter Gunn).

They licensed it for Spy Hunter, it's probably a coincidence that it's in SOR3, because I've never heard that it was licensed for that game.

I really honestly don't know about the Ranger-X theme, but the fact that it sounds like generic 80's pop doesn't make it any easier.