Sonic to be in free comic, recipients to demand refund

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

The weirdest dream I ever had was being chased in a parking lot at night by a giant eye driving a go-kart...

After reading all of that, I think I'm pretty normal.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Bah! Humbot! wrote:Y'know, Protodude, that's just like the dream I had. Only in my dream, I was raping everyone, one right after another. You guys were all just sort of lined up and waiting.
If we were standing in line for it, I don't think that's really rape.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

It would be if we were all standing in line at gunpoint.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Or if we were lured under false pretenses.

I've stood in a line under the idea that there may or may not be free cake, having no idea what the line was for.

(It was for tickets to JoJo. 6th row center!)

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Radrappy wrote:I’ve never committed to it because it has terrible illustrations. And terrible original character designs. So if there is any actual good story material, I’ve never known it.
That describes Archie Sonic comic perfectly!!!

KitsuneDarkStalker

Post by KitsuneDarkStalker »

The weirdest dream I had was when God touched me inappropriately.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

In 9 months, you'll give birth to the new messiah

KitsuneDarkStalker

Zeta wrote:In 9 months, you'll give birth to the new messiah
If I wasn't a male agnostic, I'd think the whole thing was hilarious.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Being both male and agnostic ruins the joke somehow?

KitsuneDarkStalker

Delphine wrote:Being both male and agnostic ruins the joke somehow?
It does if you're me. I don't really have a sense of humor.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

You're in the wrong place.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

KitsuneDarkStalker wrote:
Delphine wrote:Being both male and agnostic ruins the joke somehow?
It does if you're me. I don't really have a sense of humor.
I bet you get invited to a lot of parties.

Grant

Post by Grant »

With a name like KitsuneDarkStalker, you'd better develop one.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Hahaha. I'm a furry of the shadowy night and I'm a Japanese warrior of ninja powers!

Why did you go with that name and not say: "AnthroFirenight" or "FoxySnowdark" or "HorsecockBlackStar"?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

HorsedickBlackStar
Fixed.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Getting back to the topic of Archie Sonic comics, has anyone seen #171 yet? I just read it, and it's gotta be my favorite issue EVAR. It basically takes all that dreck that was "Good, Bad & Unknown" and the whole "Hope = related to Maria?" thing, along with any other Shadow's-true-purpose issues the comic had, places it in a dog shit-filled bag, sets it on fire, and tosses it into the neighbor's yard.

Everything...EVERYTHING...solved in one issue. Brilliant.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

What happens in it?

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Zeta wrote:Hahaha. I'm a furry of the shadowy night and I'm a Japanese warrior of ninja powers!

Why did you go with that name and not say: "AnthroFirenight" or "FoxySnowdark" or "HorsecockBlackStar"?
I guess none of those are his "Fursona".

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Zeta wrote:"HorsecockBlackStar"
Dibs on that one.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

While we're on the subject, does anyone know why so many furries are foxes? I would've expected a more even divide between the popular mammals, but they make up at least 50% of the ones I've encountered. Is it just because I hang around Sonic boards?

WW

Post by WW »

If I had a fursona, it'd be something creative, like a helicopter or a sofa.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Zeta wrote:What happens in it?
Out of the interest of anyone who wants to be pleasantly surprised, I shall be employing heavy use of spoiler tags. [/obvious crap]

Basically, we open up with Shadow ready to beat the tar out of Eggman if he doesn't turn over his grandfather's diary. He manages to get the location out of Snively (pulling out his last six hairs in the process) and retrieves the disc, hidden in an old book.

Back at FFHQ, Knuckles arries to find Sonic trying to figure out where his temp girlfriend is, which eventually drives Tails out of the room (very upset). He comes back about five seconds later, telling Sonic that Shadow's nearby, under attack by Egg Flappers. Sonic comes in and saves his arse, and after a bit of banter Shadow shows him and Tails the disc containing Gerald's diary, saying that they're the only ones that can help him recover the data.

Back at one of Nicole's computer terminals, Tails inserts the disc. The data is there, but it's very old and degraded--most of it has become corrupted beyond repair. Nicole offers to physically interface Sonic and Shadow with the data, and they go inside the computer.

Sonic, Shadow, and Nicole's furry form (from #151) show up in what looks like one of the hallways of Space Colony ARK, only there's white blotches everywhere from the degrading data. Nicole explains that their presence is causing the data to break down faster than before, so they can't stay long. Just then, Shadow opens a nearby door, only to find-

Back at the terminal, Tails and Knuckles are alerted to an inruder nearby. It's none other than Snively, piloting an "Egg Lobster" and out for blood--or, at least, his hairs back. (Apparently, he has micro-transmitters in them. Don't ask.) Knuckles fights Snively, saying that he knows what it's like to be lost without a past.

Back inside the diary, Shadow, Sonic, and Furry Nicole come face to face with none other than Maria Robotnik--or, at least, a digital representation of her. Shadow tells her about their situation, and she takes them to Gerald himself (another digital copy).

Basically, Gerald teels Shadow that he is created to be the "ultimate protector of life on Mobius". He mentions the whole "NIDS" thing from that secret file in SA2, and then goes to explain that in order to overcome several hurdles that were in his way, he sought the aid of none other than Black Doom (which makes this his first appearance in the Archie comics), described here as a monstrous alien who wanted Shadow to be his weapon. He helped create Shadow, his blood enables him to use Chaos Control, etc. He reveals that, unknown to B.D., he secretly changed Shadow's purpose from weapon to protector, and then goes to say that the Black Arms are scheduled to return to Mobius in fifty years' time.

Nicole remarks that it's been longer than that, to which Sonic says that they're apparently busy fighting against the Xorda (I don't have #170, so I'm not sure how he knows that). Shadow, still confused, asks whether he was meant to be a cure or a weapon. Gerald reiterates that he is meant to be a defender, and apologizes that so much responsibility has to be put on his shoulders--he was created out of Gerald's love for the people of Mobius.

Suddenly, the floor underneath them disappears, as the datat degrades even further. Nicole warns that they have to leave now, and Sonic goes to get Shadow. He initially refuses to leave, saying that he still has questions and refuses to leave Maria again. Maria consoles him, saying that he has to go and protect everyone, and that she will always be there as long as he holds her in his heart. Shadows says his teary good-byes, then leave with Nicole and Sonic.

Back outside, Tails informs Sonic and Shadow about Snivley's attack, with Knuckles fending him off and wanting his hair back. Snivley, at that moment, had managed to trap Knuckles inside one of the Egg Lobster's claws (the other one was broken), threatening to crush him for getting in the way. Without warning, a black-and-red blur smashes through the mech, obliterating it. Shadow lands infront of Snively, tossing the torn hairs back at him whilst going into a ShTH-style speech. Knuckles is amused at Shadow's showing-off, and Sonic claims that he'll be back to his moody, brooding self in no time. They then set out to find why Fiona's been going off the radar so frequently...

I think my favorite part of the issue is the fact that Shadow actually feels like any other character--he expresses a whole range of emotions, very few of which are his typical brooding self.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

If I had a fursona, it'd be something creative, like a helicopter or a sofa.
Sofa? Fucking furnie!.

WW

Post by WW »

Thank you, Zeta. I hav'nt laughed this hard in months.

Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

Frieza2000 wrote:While we're on the subject, does anyone know why so many furries are foxes? I would've expected a more even divide between the popular mammals, but they make up at least 50% of the ones I've encountered. Is it just because I hang around Sonic boards?
They're easier to draw, I'd imagine...

draw a human + ears, maybe the nose, add a tail

TADA <_<