Zsnes recruiting.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
AnonymousRUS

Zsnes recruiting.

Post by AnonymousRUS »

I need somebody to enjoy my zsnes with. I wanna beat "Secret of Mana" in 2 player mode for sure. So if any of you got one of those bad boys leave a post and some ip addresses, I have snes fever. Join me.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

The menus in zsnes piss me off, and to me it's just weird to play a windowed game without some kind of border. I use bsnes, which is still preliminary but already has the most accurate emulation of anything out there. The only major drawback at the moment is that it has a comparatively low compatability ratio - it won't play anything that requires an extra chip, like the Super FX games. (Apparently, the latest build can play Sufami Turbo games, which would make it, to my knowledge, the only emulator out there that can, but that version hasn't been released yet. Not that there are any Sufami Turbo games that should be worth playing.)

snes9x also has better emulation than zsnes, if you don't mind the tremendous black border when you play at native aspect ratio (which I usually do). Also, I can never get the sound to play right, but I assume there's something in the settings I have neglected to adjust.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Why not broaden this into some sort of general netgaming thread?

I'm all for a Metal Slug/Contra binge with one of you fine areola connoisseurs.

CE

Post by CE »

State a time and place, Ritz. I'll play as Fio.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I'd gladly do Contra, but I've never been big on emulation.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

CE wrote:State a time and place, Ritz. I'll play as Fio.
Anywhere between 3 and 10 PM EST is fine; not sure which server would be best. Mind if we take this to MSN? Forums clearly aren't suitable for this sort of thing.

CE

Post by CE »

Hmm... those times are gonna be hard for me unless it's a weekend. Even when you work in the video game industry they still expect ya to not play games at work. You're supposed to shed all your gaming habits and just code code code for hours each day. I can be available each night 8PM - Midnight pacific, or pretty much all day on the weekends.

I'm up and gunning for some Metal Slug or Twinkle Star Sprites action.

Isambard

Post by Isambard »

PIRATES!!!!111112

No seriously, let's just all get the Wii and have our Mii's fight each other to the death.

$.$ We'll make billions on the black market gambling ring!

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

<i>Stwiit Fighter 2: The Mii Warriors</i>

Speaking of <i>SF2</i> and Wii, it hits the VC on Monday, alongside <i>Super Mario Bros.</i>, <i>Super Castlevania IV</i>, <i>Toe Jam & Earl</i> and <i>R-Type</i> (TG-16 version). It's probably the best batch so far; although, it'd be bigger if <i>Toe Jam</i> and <I>Gunstar</i> had swapped places.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Still no LttP? The fanboys, they rage.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

They can play it on the GBA. Or on that Zelda Collection disk. Or simply wipe the dust from their SNES.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Well... if anyone's up for Sunset Riders, I'm Cormano.

AnonymousRUS

Post by AnonymousRUS »

I had such a street fighter craving this morning for some reason. I downloaded all the street fighters for the snes
and third strike on mame

Then I started looking at some concept art. Street fighter concepts r so sexy. BTW
who do you think the hottest street fighter chick is. Id most definetly be impregnating Ibuki and Elena.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Many, many long hours of, um... thought have I put into this conundrum. Chun-li still holds top billing and always will in my world, but Ibuki's also really hot and so is Rose. I never used to like Sakura until I became too old for Sakura to be legal, then she suddenly became mighty fine. I hate to imagine what that says about my preferences as I age. (I've also noticed that Yuffie is extremely hot in the latest Final Fantasy stuff while I distinctly remember her being phenomenally unattractive in the original game.)

Also, I didn't know until very recently that Makoto was meant to be a girl.
I downloaded all the street fighters for the snes
and third strike on mame
Does mame play CPS-3 games yet? Alot of the Capcom games stopped working for me when I downloaded version 0.111 and I wonder if I'm missing some new bios or something.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I don't think the CPS-3 has been properly cracked yet, so no, you can't play any CPS-3 games.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Isn't it impossible to emulate for some reason or other? I remember reading a technical explanation a while back about how it spools data in a weird way between a CD / hard drive combo or something. Also, the boards themselves are apparently ridiculously fragile and will be wiped clean by the static created by falling dust in the next room. Or, y'know, something.

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

An encrypted data CD and a battery-powered decryption cartridge, no hard drive. The decryption cartridges are extremely sensitive to tampering and the decryption key will be erased, basically rendering the cartridge and the entire cabinet useless.

So yeah, it hasn't been cracked yet, but I imagine it'll happen eventually. Hackers are tenacious folk.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

So does that mean that each CPS-3 game has to be cracked individually? Ie, if somebody finally cracks the deadly encryption for Street Fighter III, they have to do it all over again for Warzard?

Segaholic2
Forum God

Post by Segaholic2 »

I really have no idea, but it's highly possible.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Well, poot.

Chun-li's still the hottest, anyway.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Yep. Chun-li. On Capcom vs SNK 2 she's pretty fine.

Cammy's kinda nice too.

AnonymousRUS

Post by AnonymousRUS »

I'd do SonSon from "Marvel vs Capcom II"

btw. Where does she fit in on this chart?
Could I knock'er up? Wait, She has a tail. She wouldn't even be on this chart...

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

A fact Capcom seem to be aware of, considering that her ass is the most prominent feature of the cover.

Also, Sonson was a dude in the original game. (At least I think that's what we're meant to assume - that sprite is really too small for it to make a difference either way.)

AnonymousRUS

Post by AnonymousRUS »

Green Gibbon! wrote:
A fact Capcom seem to be aware of, considering that her ass is the most prominent feature of the cover.

Also, Sonson was a dude in the original game. (At least I think that's what we're meant to assume - that sprite is really too small for it to make a difference either way.)
I Read some where that the female sonson is actually the daughter of the original arcade character.
Ever hear of son-son II? I think that was on snes.
So "MVSCII" sonson has tits and is the daughter. lol
Green Gibbon! wrote:I never used to like Sakura until I became too old for Sakura to be legal, then she suddenly became mighty fine. I hate to imagine what that says about my preferences as I age.
lolicon :razz:

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Thank you, Rule 34.

As for <i>Street Fighter</i>, I don't really have an opinion, but for the sake of stirring things up a bit, let's just say I think that Cammy > Chun-Li.