Fang za Sniper

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Fang za Sniper

Post by G.Silver »

After the old board got wiped a couple times (?) by other people I was able to wipe it clean myself with my reply to BigSmile's post about the Fang the Sniper scan, so I don't know how many of you got a chance to see it. So here it is again

Not only that, but I've got a translation too.

-----------
Fang the Sniper

A Treasure Hunter who lives in another dimension (!) and seems to be gathering Chaos Emeralds. He is a slick villain, but his doings are stingy.
He works hard to be sneaky and outwit others, but in the end he's a bit naive and usually messes up. ...he has that kind of mischievious side as well.
It's said that he takes great pride in his airbike.
----------

(About "stingy:" translated from "secoi," the word also means petty, and small-minded, so I tried to combine all three in relation to crime with "small-time" but it just didn't feel right changing it.)

(Also, my translation was originally "a cunning scoundrel" but "slick villain" is probably the more prefered translation)

I asked HariHariSonic (the provider of the scan) for some help with a couple phrases that were throwing me and he translated the whole thing totally without my asking. I'm including it here as well. Most of the differences in my version are due to different interpretations of some of the words, not so much an effort to have "cleaner" English. (If I wanted that it'd be re-styled to be more entertaining, which is not the point of these translations--see the GHZ profiles for that ^_^) Seeing two different translations is like seeing with two eyes instead of one, at least that's what I think...

---
It is said that he is the treasure hunter who lives in another dimension
(sub space), and is collecting chaosemerald.
Action is stingy although he is a slick villain.
He is acting secretly, and he works hard to outwit the other person.
But, Because his final stage is optimistic, he fails at the end well...,
He also has such a humorous side.
It is said that his boast is Air-Bike.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

The other dimension bit is obviously a reference to the Special Stage, although I have to say I'm very surprised they went as far to say he lived there.

So where was it first said that he's a wolf/weasel hybrid if not there?

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

What Fang the Sniper scan?

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

The link is hard to see, maybe the link text color needs to be changed.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/big_smile/ ... Z/fang.jpg

I think I read the wolf/weasel hybrid thing on that Sonic Dimension page. I don't recall seeing it anyplace official-looking besides that.

Edit: Comical Highway lists him like that too.
Last edited by G.Silver on Tue May 25, 2004 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Is that from the S&T2 manual? Does the rest of the manual exist?

G.Silver
Drano Master

Post by G.Silver »

Have to ask BigSmile I guess.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Is that from the S&T2 manual? Does the rest of the manual exist?
It is from the S&T2 manual, but the rest of it doesn't exist.

hello.jpg

Post by hello.jpg »

Yes, I fully agree with your "two different translations with two different eyes" statement, G. Silver (gah, calling you that sounds so formal). There always seems to be so much "hidden" in the Japanese language, what with certain words meaning a variety of different things.

That's why I'm interested in having someone else retranslate the Japanese manuals later on, to compare and contrast with existing translations. The results could prove to be very interesting.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

G.Silver wrote:I think I read the wolf/weasel hybrid thing on that Sonic Dimension page. I don't recall seeing it anyplace official-looking besides that.

Edit: Comical Highway lists him like that too.
Could it be from something Sonic the Fighters related? Where exactly did Bean and Bark's ages come from?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

You know, even though he looks kind of Austrailian, for some reason I can't think of Fang as anything but French. I don't know why.

I guess Fang is stuck in that other dimension with Bean, Bark, Mighty, Bomb, and Heavy.

Actually, I'd like to see that. Watching Fang, Bean, Bark, Mighty, Bomb, and Heavy all stuck for eternity in a Chaos Emerald Special Stange - each one slowly going insane . . . or playing Dungeons & Dragons till the end of time.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Whilst Ray is in a lesser dimension, with nothing but a bottle of :Drano: for company.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Ray's dead. He got shot by a hillbilly hunter and ended up in a stew. Some little prepubecent misanthrope is wearing his skin as a tacky hat, and his tail is attatched to the radio antenna of an old pickup truck.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

So that's what my sister's been wearing.

The Noid

Post by The Noid »

I thought Ray is currently working at a BP down in Decatur Alabama and has gone into the Witness Protection Program and changed his name to Dale?

Someone has been lying to me.

daytonafathead
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by daytonafathead »

Zeta wrote:Actually, I'd like to see that. Watching Fang, Bean, Bark, Mighty, Bomb, and Heavy all stuck for eternity in a Chaos Emerald Special Stange - each one slowly going insane . . . or playing Dungeons & Dragons till the end of time.
omg! I smell a sitcom! It could be called "Married with 3 Friends and Seinfeld Show". I can see it now...Fang (played by Michael J. Fox) Would be an outlaw that steals food and supplies for his roomies. Bean (Danny DeVito) would be an actor on "Days of Our Lives". Bark (Elton John) would be a veterinarian cross-dresser who's stage name is "Chuck". Mighty (Arnold Shwartzenegger) would be an illegal immigrant from the Blue Chaos Emerald who can never get a date. Bomb (Alf) would be an idiotic police man who always spontaniously combusts. And the part of Heavy will be played by Rosie O' Donell. There nieghbors would be NiGHTS (Ray Ramano) and his son, Ristar (The Pepsi Girl.) :shock:

ShinjukuNeedlemouse

Re: Fang za Sniper

Post by ShinjukuNeedlemouse »

Bump, the link gives me a 404. Can you please tell me where I can find the scan?

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

ShinjukuNeedlemouse wrote:Bump, the link gives me a 404. Can you please tell me where I can find the scan?
Why didn't you send him a pm?

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

WOAH WAIT THIS BOARD IS 5+ YEARS OLD?!?!!??

ShinjukuNeedlemouse

Post by ShinjukuNeedlemouse »

Malchik wrote:
ShinjukuNeedlemouse wrote:Bump, the link gives me a 404. Can you please tell me where I can find the scan?
Why didn't you send him a pm?
You can do that!? 0_o

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

If Shadow got guns, there is no reason for not bringing "Nack" back...

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

To Think I wanted Fang to return in the past for so long but now adays I don't want Him or Mighty or Bark or Bean to return.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Dasher wrote:To Think I wanted Fang to return in the past for so long but now adays I don't want Him or Mighty or Bark or Bean to return.
Bean would be cool, A duck with bombs is a lot better than yet another Sonic clone...

Dasher

Post by Dasher »

Yeah only they would make him throw water balloons now and look retarded and sound like Jet the hawk.