Some Play to Die.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Yeah, but if you got on the 17th you could have sold it for close to 3 grand.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I think that if you have a problem with the outrageous prices, take it up with the manufacturers who cause the situation by deliberately creating a shortage to increase demand.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I really don't think Sony created that big of a shortage to create demand. Forcing people to wait until April of next year to get a PS3 is a little ridiculous and will probably kill some peoples desire to get one. That's what happened with the PS2 for me and I still don't have one. I don't think it would be possible for Sony to launch with enough consoles to fulfill the demand for the system unless they delayed the launch another couple of months.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

If Sony REALLY wanted to fix demand in their favor, they'd halve the price of the console and only give each store 5 consoles.

We'd see blood then. ^_____^

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I stll feel that Sony did it on purpose, so they could make all this money for the holiday season. That's also why there isn't a single decent game out there right now for the system right now; I've seen NOTHING so far this year but sequels and ports for the PS3. Name a single game for the system worth paying its outrageous price tag for. I dare ya.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:I stll feel that Sony did it on purpose, so they could make all this money for the holiday season. That's also why there isn't a single decent game out there right now for the system right now; I've seen NOTHING so far this year but sequels and ports for the PS3. Name a single game for the system worth paying its outrageous price tag for. I dare ya.
Geez, will people get over this already? Why the HELL would Sony create a fictitious shortage when it's in their best interests to sell as many units as possible (this is what business is all about, <i>FYI</i>)? Bear in mind that they're already LOSING money on each PS3 they sell, and they're not "profiting" whatsoever from an increased demand OR the reseller's market.

There is no conspiracy.

Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

There is always a conspiracy.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

No, there are just always conspiracy theorists.

CE

Post by CE »

100% of the people who get into office are politicians.

Don't tell me that's not a conspiracy.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Does Sony simply ignore the shortage, or is it of no concern?

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

I think it's more of the norm at this point. Every year there's an array of items that don't meet supply for the holiday season and if a console with any decent following launched in November, it's gonna be one. Sure, it may seem like it's in their best interest from the layman's standpoint, what with the frenzy making it seem more popular. But like Holic said, without PS3's in people's homes, they can't make profits off the accessories and games—plus with nutjobs like Jack Thompson trying to show how violent gamers are, they can't possibly want for these launch day lines to turn to mayhem. It's simply bad PR for them and their field.

Actually read an article on Wikinews the other day that noted that Wiis are in just as high demand and the supply's still not met, but there was nary an episode of carnage over it. Is it the fact the supply comes somewhat closer to meeting demand, or has Nintendo's "kiddiness" finally played off towards their advantage?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Because they're actually trying to meet the demand, wheras Sony just seems to be a big cocktease.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

For $600, it had BETTER give me a cocktease.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I don't think MegaKitsune fully grasps the concept of a cocktease.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I don't think he grasps many concepts period.

WW

Post by WW »

I just think he read the word cock, and assumed it was a good thing.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

This is about where I would lock the thread, but that exchange was pretty amusing.