Free Taco Bell for Life

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Spazz

Free Taco Bell for Life

Post by Spazz »

<a href="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/746/746898p1.html">But for a price.</a>
IGN wrote:November 20, 2006 - Taco Bell is trying to do a good deed. The first person who agrees to give up their PlayStation 3 to Taco Bell will get the equivalent of tacos for life. Your console (should you choose to donate it) won't go to a Taco Bell manager. Instead, the Bell is giving the PS3 to the Boys & Girls Club.

"The PlayStation 3 is on every teen's holiday wish list," said Bob Fulmer, Executive Director, Taco Bell Foundation. "That's why we're offering one lucky individual tacos for life in exchange for giving Boys & Girls Club teens a gift that will keep them in the game."

Should you trade your PS3 for $12,500 in Taco Bell Bucks? Here's a simple questionnaire to help you determine which luxury item (a game system or tacos) better suits your lifestyle:

• You just wanted the thrill of standing in line for 36 hours and find playing PS3 is anticlimactic
  • Every time you see a Chihuahua your stomach grumbles.
  • You plan on living large (literally)
  • You have a kind heart...
  • ...and you would like to see it explode with a one-day Taco Bell binge

If you answered in the affirmative to all of the above, you are clearly better off with a lifetime supply of Taco Bell's tasty products. If interested, send your name, email address and phone number to tacobellnews@tacobell.com. The offer expires December 1, 2006. It's first come, first served, so if you want to make the ultimate holiday sacrifice (and get some free tacos in the process), email sooner rather than later.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Fuck that shit. I may not be a PS3 fan, but I CERTAINLY wouldn't trade in a game console for some shitty ass chain Mexican Food, whether it helps kids or not.

Rosa's > Taco Bell

aso

Post by aso »

MegaKitsune wrote:Fuck that shit. I may not be a PS3 fan, but I CERTAINLY wouldn't trade in a game console for some shitty ass chain Mexican Food, whether it helps kids or not.

Rosa's > Taco Bell
    The free Taco Bell is a bonus. The basic point is to donate a PS3 to kids who most definitely will never have $600 to spend on one.

Also, Rosa's smells like poo. :X

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

aso wrote: The basic point is to donate a PS3 to kids who most definitely will never have $600 to spend on one.
    That would be most of North America, Canada, Japan, and everywhere else where $60 games are already stretching our patience enough.

EDIT: And like a Wii isn't good enough for underprivileged children. "Billy's had a rough life, and now he's on the streets. So he needs your help to get a Porsche 911!" Seriously, WTF... :roll: I'm normally not a Scrooge, but bah humbug to this shit. Most of this forum is trying to scrape funds together for a fucking Wii, the CHEAPEST of the consoles, and yet we're all supposed to supply the most goddamn over-priced console ever created by mankind in exchange for all you can eat diarrhea-inducing, cockroach egg-infested shitty-ass Mexican food. Yeah, OK SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.

Seriously, there's good intentions here. Good intentions. But there's a lot of dumbfuckery behind this campaign, and a slight suspicion that most of these kids won't be the ones receiving the PS3s.

Jesus Christ on a motherfucking stick. I want the head of that fucking Chihuahua and I want it now.

aso

Post by aso »

That would be most of North America, Canada, Japan, and everywhere else where $60 games are already stretching our patience enough.
    There is at least the limited chance that your run-of-the-mill middle class parents will be buying their lad or lass a $600 system as a Christmas gift. Generally, people are willing to expend more around the holiday season in hopes of shutting their kids up. The kids that this aimed at are almost completely guaranteed to never, ever fall in said category.
    EDIT: And like a Wii isn't good enough for underprivileged children. "Billy's had a rough life, and now he's on the streets. So he needs your help to get a Porsche 911!" Seriously, WTF... :roll: I'm normally not a Scrooge, but bah humbug to this shit. Most of this forum is trying to scrape funds together for a fucking Wii, the CHEAPEST of the consoles, and yet we're all supposed to supply the most goddamn over-priced console ever created by mankind in exchange for all you can eat diarrhea-inducing, cockroach egg-infested shitty-ass Mexican food. Yeah, OK SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.
    True, the fact remains that they could've taken in a Wii or a 360 (or, hell, why not a DS or PSP?) so odds are Sony probably had a stake in this deal. We can't also be sure about how the charity system is being handled here (as in, who is handling the funds, how the transaction will ultimately be made, and all of that) so that in itself is a bit dubious. Like I said, though, the Taco Bell is a bonus. Preferences vary, and I'm sure some people like Taco Bell that much. You never know.
    ... and I'm fairly sure there was a console that sold for even more than the PS3 (or close to it, at least). Maybe I'm wrong...
    Seriously, there's good intentions here. Good intentions. But there's a lot of dumbfuckery behind this campaign, and a slight suspicion that most of these kids won't be the ones receiving the PS3s.
    Yeah, as I said, dubious and uncertain charity connections. You should probably reserve judgment, though, until someone actually goes through with it and donates a PS3. There'll probably be some sort of big-ass press release about it.
    Jesus Christ on a motherfucking stick. I want the head of that fucking Chihuahua and I want it now.
    That last bit of the survey did strike me as odd. Taco Bell dropped the dog as their mascot, so why do they feel the need to even mention the scrawny little thing, even in passing?

WW

Post by WW »

I'd do it.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Chipotle's is better anyway.

Ritz
    Shit Twizzler
    Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

aso wrote:There is at least the limited chance that your run-of-the-mill middle class parents will be buying their lad or lass a $600 system as a Christmas gift. Generally, people are willing to expend more around the holiday season in hopes of shutting their kids up. The kids that this aimed at are almost completely guaranteed to never, ever fall in said category.
    You do know what the Boys & Girls Club is, right? It isn't some sort of charity or anything, it's an after-school program. I'm sure most of those kids fit into that category quite snugly.
    MegaKitsune wrote:I want Chihuahua head and I want it now.
    Fixed~

Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

WW wrote:I'd do it.

aso

Post by aso »

Ritz wrote:
    aso wrote:There is at least the limited chance that your run-of-the-mill middle class parents will be buying their lad or lass a $600 system as a Christmas gift. Generally, people are willing to expend more around the holiday season in hopes of shutting their kids up. The kids that this aimed at are almost completely guaranteed to never, ever fall in said category.
    You do know what the Boys & Girls Club is, right? It isn't some sort of charity or anything, it's an after-school program. I'm sure most of those kids fit into that category quite snugly.
    Yeah, I do. When I was quite a bit younger, my mother and myself were stuck in a poverty-riddled corner of town in a crappy apartment, and the Boys & Girls Club was all there was in terms of after school care (seeing as how my mother had to work and all). Most of the kids in that Club were generally pretty poor and really didn't have much more than I did. The Club itself wasn't entirely well-funded and was rather sparse in what it had to offer. I think it had a pool table.

... so my experience from the past kinda influenced my perspective of it today. My bad. :p

Ritz
    Shit Twizzler
    Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I've never actually experienced one first-hand, so I'll take your word for it. I've seen some decent ones, though, so I'd assume it differs from town to town.

Grant

Post by Grant »

It makes sense to do it from a numbers standpoint if you like Taco Bell.

Tsuyoshi-kun
    Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

You can sell your PS3 online for more than $12,000, if you found somones desperate enough. What is Taco Bell thinking?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Every time you see a Chihuahua your stomach grumbles.
    No, everytime I see one I think Tacobell uses dog meat for their tacos, seriously their tacos taste like shit now..they used to be good.

they must be using another meat source.