Wiiiii!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Less addition and subtraction for the user?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Popcorn wrote:I want everyone to be on the lookout for a Triforce hunt in Zelda for me. Wind Waker's dire last few hours has left me scarred and raw. As soon as anyone spots any filler, I want to know about it, stat.
ALERT: There is no scavenger hunt at the end of the game. Repeat, the is no scavenger hunt at the end of the game.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Those bug hunts early on might be borderline, though.

Fortunately, there's a lot less work involved there...

WW

Post by WW »

I actually enjoyed the bug hunts. Got the most out of Wolf Link, in my opinion.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Ditto! Of course, it helps alleviate the sensation of mindless filler when you are KILLING things rather than COLLECTING them. (Even if they both are, functionally, the same thing.)

But sure, there are some places where you have to collect things. It's a Zelda game, after all. But there is no tedious and tacked on buggery like the triforce hunt in Wind Waker, or the artifact hunts at the ends of both Metroid Prime games.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Oh, sure, they didn't bother me, either, especially once I had the whole pattern down (admittedly when I first went hunting over in Faron, I began killing bugs without realizing I needed the container for the resulting tears), and especially since they explicitly tell you where they are. Still, I suppose somebody might <i>possibly</i> find it borderline filler. Plotwise, it makes sense, though.

Anyway, I'm rather annoyed that I'm three dungeons in, and it's going to utterly <i>stay</i> that way until just prior to Christmas (as in five days prior) since that's how freakin' far into the year finals will be going - and the Wii is back at home, so as long as I'm at college, I'm <b>not</b> playing <i>Zelda</i>. Maybe I'll figure out a way to sneak in an hour here and there - as long as Oococoo exists in the dungeons, breaking those up into smaller portions should be no issue, and the overworld itself never was (since you generally don't have to cover a large amount of ground repeatedly whenever you quit and come back, as you would in a dungeon, where coming back usually means square one). Avoiding spoilers is going to be hell.

But then, I decided to be a pirate (yar har fiddle-dee-dee) and check out/emulate <i>Majora's Mask</i> for the first time in... well, let's leave it at "the first time". Plus <i>Master Quest</i>, which I played on the GameCube until I got stuck at the Shadow Temple for some reason or another. Not very far in either, although with the latter I can at least gauge how far in I am, having beaten <i>OoT</i> at least twice. Either way, they should help pass the time.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I actually only just completed the second dungeon, but that's because I've turned into one of those fiendish casual gamers who only puts an hour or two in a week.

Claire just finished the game off this morning, though.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

So has this happened to anyone yet?

http://videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingfeat ... 785&page=0

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I don't know about that. I've been known to twirl the the wiimote by the strap while pitching my throwaway "Wii Helicopter" game idea to friends, and the strap is still fine for me.. I should probably stop doing that.

WW

Post by WW »

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

From what I've seen with the strap, if you don't act like a jackass with it, it should hold steady.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Remember, if you have so much fun that your hands become covered in perspiration, take a moment to dry your hands. That is advice straight from Nintendo.

And candles anyone?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/748/748011p1.html

CE

Post by CE »

Wait wait wait...

Zelda: TP is actually good? I know that there was tons of hype about Zelda, but I ignore all that shit. Bring up any major franchise and all the fanbois will come out of the woodwork extolling the many virtues of a game that they have not even played yet. If I trusted the fanbois, then I would have thought Shadow the Hedgehog was the best game ever instead of the steaming pile of turd that it was.

But I keep hearing good things about Zelda: TP, from people I trust. ToastyFrog sez its a 10. Everyone here seems to think that the game isn't that bad, though I haven't heard people extolling the praises the way I heard people talk about, say, Ikaruga. I'm still scared I'm going to end up getting Yet Another LttP(tm). You know, a Zelda game that progresses like this:

1. As Link, you are thrust into fighting against your will.
2. You play through three dungeons, getting three gems (red, green, blue) needed to get the Master Sword.
3. Master Sword taken, go to alternate universe. CONTROLLED BY GANNON!!
4. Play through seven more dungeons.
5. Kill Gannon.

Thanks Nintendo. That plot was cool the first time you wrote it. Regurgitating it for OoT and WW was pure laziness.

Did Nintendo take the easy way out for TP, or did they create an original story for once?

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

CE wrote:Wait wait wait...

Zelda: TP is actually good? I know that there was tons of hype about Zelda, but I ignore all that shit. Bring up any major franchise and all the fanbois will come out of the woodwork extolling the many virtues of a game that they have not even played yet. If I trusted the fanbois, then I would have thought Shadow the Hedgehog was the best game ever instead of the steaming pile of turd that it was.

But I keep hearing good things about Zelda: TP, from people I trust. ToastyFrog sez its a 10. Everyone here seems to think that the game isn't that bad, though I haven't heard people extolling the praises the way I heard people talk about, say, Ikaruga. I'm still scared I'm going to end up getting Yet Another LttP(tm). You know, a Zelda game that progresses like this:

1. As Link, you are thrust into fighting against your will.
2. You play through three dungeons, getting three gems (red, green, blue) needed to get the Master Sword.
3. Master Sword taken, go to alternate universe. CONTROLLED BY GANNON!!
4. Play through seven more dungeons.
5. Kill Gannon.

Thanks Nintendo. That plot was cool the first time you wrote it. Regurgitating it for OoT and WW was pure laziness.

Did Nintendo take the easy way out for TP, or did they create an original story for once?

Well they added the Wolf Link thing, but honestly (even though I'm not a Zelda fan) I don't have a problem with the way those games work. FPS hasn't really been innovative in forever, why should Zelda be any different?

CE

Post by CE »

Who ever said I played FPSs?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

It's certainly a hell of a lot better than Ikaruga.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

How can you even compare the two?

CE

Post by CE »

So again... is Twilight Princess any good?

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Esrever wrote:It's certainly a hell of a lot better than Ikaruga.

You sir, may DIE.

CE wrote:So again... is Twilight Princess any good?
Hell fucking no! It's OOT/LOTP on steroids, and you hated that! Avoid it like the plague! It's OK to hate popular games, I can't stand RE4, and I probably won't get TP either.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

So, it's OK to hate popular games but it's not OK to hate unpopular games?

Anyhow, yes, if you don't like OoT you won't like Twilight Princess either. It is a refinement/continuation of the same style of gameplay.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Esrever wrote:So, it's OK to hate popular games but it's not OK to hate unpopular games?
Nah, I was just messing around. Hate whatever you want, including me! :)

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

If you didn't like OoT then I don't know what to say. You problably are not even human, and are some species of molted parrot or dingo.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Well, I didn't particularly care for OOT, but I didn't outright hate it either.

So I'm an anthro. :P

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I was under the impression that Zelda was loved for its presentation of heaps of adventuring, exploration, and gameplay, not for its exquisitely elaborate plot. But I haven't played any of the 3D games, so maybe I shouldn't make any guesses. I know that I wouldn't judge Link to the Past for its story, though.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

MegaKitsune wrote:Well, I didn't particularly care for OOT, but I didn't outright hate it either.

So I'm an anthro. :P
No, you're a dumbass.

Also, you smell like soup and old clothes.