Sonic the Hedgehog 360 defecation station

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Hybrid wrote:What a confusing reviewer.

She's talking about how StH "disappoints", while smiling, while sounding completely indifferent to the entire ordeal. There's so many mixed emotions here.

And the game still rates poorly.
Yes, she reminded me of the future where humanoid robots will review games.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Hybrid wrote:What a confusing reviewer.

She's talking about how StH "disappoints", while smiling, while sounding completely indifferent to the entire ordeal. There's so many mixed emotions here.

And the game still rates poorly.
Well no shit, they don't care about playability and other important gaming things that might get Ms. Fundie's panties in a knot. Reviewers like this should be taken in LOW regard, even lower than EGM.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

That robot thought too highly of this game.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I'd review the fuck out of that robot.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

I'd fuck the review out of that robot.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Did she say 3rd generation of video game consoles? Just because her kids weren't old enough to play games until the N64 era doesn't mean games haven't been around a bit longer than that.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Her mouth says inane drivel, but her eyes say "I'm going to read the inane drivel on those cards."

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I have to admit, i am disappointed at how bad this game apparently is. I haven't played it, since 360's are expensive, and I hear lots of people get the red light of death upon playing it, so I decided not to buy one. I only wanted a 360 for this game anyway.
How many are we talking about? Because I just got the red ring of death the other day and the only 360 game I own is Sonic (I have three backwards compatible Xbox 1 titles, though).
The game (As Sonic anyway) does look like fun though. But all these critcisms have me worried.
I'm not kidding when I say Sonic plays the worst out of him, Shadow, and Silver. Shadow lacks the Mach Speed sections and the stupid snowboarding. 50% of the time driving his vehicles is purely optional, and even when they force you to drive one, generally it's pretty brief. Silver is fun for roughly the same reason; his levels are usually huge, wide-open spaces (sometimes a little too wide-open, but I digress) and he doesn't have to sit through Sonic's mach speed sections or snowboarding. Plus, the amigo characters Silver and Shadow get aren't as asnine as Sonic's (with the exception of Silver getting Amy Rose).
SEGA needs to put Sonic on a hiatus and just do a LOT of retooling. Bring him back in 10 years. THEN there'd actually be deamnd for a new Sonic game, becuase people will wonder where he's gone.
More like older gamers going, "Do you remember Sonic the Hedgehog for the Xbox 360? Cripes, I'm glad they don't make those games anymore. That was awful." and newer gamers just kind of scratching their heads going, "Who the hell is Sonic?"

I agree. Sonic doesn't need 10 years. Sonic just needs to stop living christmas-to-christmas. This could've been an awesome game for spring 2007, but to a game's marketing team, all that matters is Christmas. Announce a game in 2005? It's out for Christmas 2006. No exceptions. It's got a brand name on it, so it doesn't matter what quality the game is, just so long as it's out there for the christmas rush.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I played it two days ago for a night in my friend's room. It's really really bad. But I'm really good at it.

Jack Bz

Post by Jack Bz »

Ehhh Blaze, what's so bad about the mach speed zones? I enjoy them. Sure at first they get annoying but once you get used to them they're pretty fun. The only one I despise is Crisis city's one, but the others are fun.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Man, I couldn't stand the mach speed zones. The first one was ok, but Crisis City was ridiculous, especially after playing through a 8 minute level. Kingdom Valley was the worst, I played through that stupid 10 minute level at least 5 times from start to finish just to die in the mach speed part over and over because it is surrounded by bottomless pits. Either that or die right before that part trying to make that stupid light dash off the tight rope. I think they'd be better at the beginning of the level so you don't have to play for through a huge level just to waste all your lives memorizing that crap.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

The Mach Speed zones are ridiculous, that's what they are.

A) You move fast. Too fast. Like, F-Zero GX fast. And you've got a lot more to dodge in this than in your typical F-Zero GX course. Unless you've memorized the course, you need the reflexes of a jedi to survive.

B) Every time you jump, you have no air control whatsoever. If you jump, you better know where you're going to land, otherwise you're probably going to jump to your death (and won't be able to do anything about it). But, often times, if you miss a jump - you die anyway because Sonic gets caught on a ledge he was supposed to jump over (and you can't jump when you're stunned, and the minute he comes out of being stunned, he acts as if he hits the wall a second time, killing you).

C) You can't attack. This becomes frusterating in something like Wave Ocean's Mach Speed section where you're presented with a group of enemies you simply must avoid. (and they're grouped so close together, it becomes a matter of luck)

D) They're simply too hard. The slightest nudge on a wall and you lose all your rings. I have no idea how many times I've light-dashed a string of rings only to have the light dash movement throw me directly into a wall, wherein I lose all the rings I just collected. What's more, when you lose your rings, you are given zero chance to re-collect them. You just have to hope there's another group of rings coming up infront of you or you're a goner.

E) Imagine all of the above with the stupid camera angle changes you get from Sonic normally. I got a game over in Crisis City because at one point I was trying to steer AWAY from a wall - but the camera did a 180 to point at something BEHIND Sonic - which inverted the controls so suddenly I was steering TOWARD the wall, where I promptly DIED.

75% of all lives you lose in this game are from Mach Speed sections because it's just so fucking easy to die in them.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

You lose rings if touching a wall!? :shock:

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yes, touching a wall or a pillar or anything during Mach Speed Sections counts as being hit by an enemy. Also, you can't control the directions of your jumps. Or attack. And obstacles fly at you constantly.

Basically, it's like being raped at the speed of light.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

I thought buying the game constituted as being raped anyway...

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Yes, but not at the speed of light.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

It's a bonus!

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I'm curious to know how much this game actually sold seeing that Sonic didn't make the top ten list of software sold in the U.S., and there have been talk lately that the only other major game that shares the same demograph as Sonic on the 360, Viva Pinata bombed.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

For some reason I enjoyed the mach speed segments. (actually I've only done crisis city's so far) I was on the edge of my nerves constantly trying to hold onto at least one ring for 99% of the run. Yes it's true that I died at least 10 times altogether. But when I did beat it, I had 7 lives under my belt and felt like I had beat it because I was skilled, not because of luck. Anywhosen.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

They didn't hype Viva Pinata enough. I didn't even know it came out until I saw someone on my friends list playing it.

And I agree the mach speed sections take skill, but in order to obtain the skills necessary to beat them, you usually have to play through the entire level at least three times. So what should be a 10 minute pain in the ass becomes a 30 minute pain in the ass.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

this is funny because it took me exactly three full level runs to do it. You sir, are correct.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Light Speed wrote:They didn't hype Viva Pinata enough. I didn't even know it came out until I saw someone on my friends list playing it.

I don't think hype was too big of a problem since the game has it's own TV show and I've seen plenty of commercials for it.

I think it has to do more with the platform it is on.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Viva Pinata has a show? never seen it.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Whelp, I completed the whole emblem/gold medal/whatever collection thingie in this game, because obviously I'm a complete and total idiot when it comes to this sort of thing. If I didn't believe I was an idiot to attempt it, then the fact of there being diddly-squat in the form of unlockables for for getting every last one of those gold medals hammered the point home very well.

So a word of caution to any obsessive-completionists, it's just another opportunity to get fucked hard in the arse by this game. And not the good kind, either. The bad kind. Bad, bad, bad.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

SegaSonic wrote:Viva Pinata has a show? never seen it.
It airs on the 4Kids TV and MS did place downloadable episodes on Xbox marketplace.