Sonic the Hedgehog 360 defecation station

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Well at least now the plot is maturing to the caliber of the comics...

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Zeta wrote:Don't think of them as blue furry animals, but as goofy comic book superheroes fighting supervillains. Looking at the stories from that sort of view, it fits perfectly. We've got time travel, super powers, mad scientists, alternate future time lines, demons, hidden laboratories, super team-ups, evil twins, and implausible high-budget action sequences.

It's not Sonic Adventure 3. It's Hedgehogman 3, brought to you by Marvel.
Well, when you put it that way, it sounds pretty cringe-worthy.

WW

Post by WW »

MegaKitsune wrote:Well at least now the plot is maturing to the caliber of the comics...
You say that as if it's a good thing.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

"Maturing" means something different from what you seem to think it means, MK.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Pros: I can become tiny.

Cons: I have a grappling hook. Why do I have a grappling hook?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

To grapple?

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Delphine wrote:"Maturing" means something different from what you seem to think it means, MK.
LOLZ! I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!

Anyway, the whole moral of this thread (if I'm correct) is that if a fucking $4 Burger King game has less glitches than your $60 high-profile action title, you have problems. Amirite?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I've finished Sonic's story and am halfway through Silver. I've gotta say this is worth a $20 budget purchase, but otherwise steer clear.

One of the cooler things is the way you can buy Sol Emeralds for new, optional moves. The game's much more fun with the Blue Emerald giving me a power dash.

MiraiTails

Post by MiraiTails »

Zeta wrote:I've finished Sonic's story and am halfway through Silver. I've gotta say this is worth a $20 budget purchase, but otherwise steer clear.

One of the cooler things is the way you can buy Sol Emeralds for new, optional moves. The game's much more fun with the Blue Emerald giving me a power dash.
I've gotten through Silver and Shadow's stories and am up to Kingdom Valley as Sonic.

I think the game is worth $35- $40. Maybe that's how games should be rated from now on, by how much money they're worth. heh.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

You know, I would've actually would've bought Shadow if Shadow himself played like he did in this game. He's essentially a slower Sonic with combos, energy blasts, and a power boost that can be built up with time. His story makes no real sense and adds nothing - Silver and Sonic could carry the game's plot alone, but he's genuinely fun to play as. Scary.

Anyways, I'm on the last story. Time for ministage and then Super Sonic typical fight time.

I find it hilarious that Sonic's gameplay is the worst out of all the characters in the game. Well, the main ones. Tails sucks hard besides him. But still . . .

CE

Post by CE »

Told ya so. I had given up on 3D Sonic the Hedgehog after Shadow.

Sega, you've lost one of your biggest fans. I got into game dev because because of Sonic. I have my trophy from Rock the Rock right here at work. Does anyone at Sonic Team even care any more? Heroes was bad, but salvageable. Shadow was absolute shit. And now, 2k6 looks to be intentionally bad.

Way to rape my childhood.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It's fun as long as you play everyone BUT Sonic. And Co-Op is actually a cool idea that's implemented well.

I finished the game. Pissed that they never explain what happens to Blaze and Silver, but aside from that, the story was very good.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

Yeah, I just finished it too.

Some parts were cheesy. Some were weird/creepy in a bad way.

But overall? A very well told, well written story, if you ignore the usual problems that generally seem to crop up in any story with time travel (paradoxes and the like).

CM August

Post by CM August »

CE wrote:Sega, you've lost one of your biggest fans. I got into game dev because because of Sonic. I have my trophy from Rock the Rock right here at work.
Wait, what the fuck? *digs up Rock the Rock footage* Which one is you?

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

What is Rock the Rock? 0_0

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

The Sonic and Knuckles launch at Alcatraz featuring an animated Knuckles, I believe.

Grant

Post by Grant »

You guys are missing the point. The point is "NIIIICE SMIIIILE!"

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Curiosity got the better of me and I listened to a few seconds of "Sweet Sweet Sweet". Please assure me that makes no appearance in game.

Anon

Post by Anon »

The remix of "Sweet Sweet Sweet" would be better if Akon would shut the fuck up and not interrupt the lead singer every six seconds.

On the other hand, I can't stop listening to "Dreams of Absolution". Funny thing about that track: Apparently LeeBro (real name Lee Brotherton) works at Remix Factory, and they've been working together with Sega since ShtH. So he finally got to make a Sonic song for a Sonic game, hurhur. I suppose that the fact that it sounds vaguely like a GHZ remix is intentional then. :V

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

What is Akon even doing there, anyway? I'd assumed he'd rap a verse or something but he doesn't even do that. All he does is say "remix" and echo random words that the singer says.

It's too bad because I like the music part of the remix way more than the ultra cheesy AM radio orchestra of the orignal version. That song always reminded me of those awful "pop" versions of Disney ballads that played during the credits of films like Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Dreams of Absolution is fantastic. This soundtrack is a big improvement over Heroes and Shadow. His World is great too, if you just listen to the instrumental.

CE

Post by CE »

CM August wrote:Wait, what the fuck? *digs up Rock the Rock footage* Which one is you?
Remember the the one who corrects Bill on how many rings he got? The follows it up with "I don't want anyone else to know my secret?" Yah, that's me.

Even as a kid, I was a vain, self-centered, anal-retentive prick.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Zeta wrote:
I figured they couldn't shoehorn Blaze into the plot without ripping plotholes open or confusing a lot of people. That was my biggest fear about the story going in.
It really makes no sense no matter how you look at it. Blaze's world merging with Sonic's was not a desolate future dystopia. Eggman Nega is not mentioned at all by Blaze or Silver despite supposedly being one of their arch-enemies. The Sol Emeralds are also absent. Also, Rush's Blaze is a loner for life, while 360 paints her and Silver as being childhood friends.

The only thing that would barely make sense is if Rush occured in the "fixed" future timeline (Sonic Made a Good Future!) without Iblis and Blaze exists in the future with the Sol Emeralds and an undestroyed world along with Eggman Nega. But that seems needlessly complex. It also doesn't explain the Eggman's assertions that Sonic/Chaos Emeralds/Eggman were parallel to Blaze/Sol Emeralds/Neggman rather than future/past versions of eachother.

They royally cocked it up, in other words.
It makes more sense if you place this game before the events of Sonic Rush.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

It's possible, Battle was set after Shadow, although it's hardly cannonical. I just ignore the story these days anyway and treat every game as it's own world. I can't honestly be arsed about bitching about what plot holes are fluttering around, because they will only get worse as time goes on.

Jack Bz

Post by Jack Bz »

My thoughts on the game:

Sonic: Not truly great. A lot of the levels have far to much scipted loops and stuff. Mach speed zones are really fun imo, except crisis city's. That's got to be the worst part in the game so far for me. It's impossible to do without being hit or dying. But I must say, Radical train and and Kingdom Valley are some of my favourite levels in any of Sonic games history. Tails and knuckles also are not fun to play as at all.

Silver: The funnest so far. I have only done the first 3 levels, but they were all great (minus the ball puzzle part of Dusty Desert). Playing as Blaze actually is FUN and compliments Silver's game play, unlike Tails, Knuckles and Amy. Fighting Sonic is also so easy it's funny.

Shadow: He is ok to play as. Don't really like using vechiles, but he hasn't got many parts where you might as well just put down the controller. Only done first 3 levels with him.

Also, music is fantastic as are the cut scenes. This game is better then Heroes and Shadow, but maybe not quite as good as SA2. Loading times and missions are god awful. I try to avoid missions as much as possible.
Last edited by Jack Bz on Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.