Sonic the Hedgehog 360 defecation station

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

They'll post the not-suck patch on Xbox Live as a $30 download.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

It gets worse, actually. You know the GBA game? I've played it (well, ROM). And trust me, you <b>don't</b> want to.

The audio is <b>horrible</b>. The songs themselves are <i>okay</i>, but largely sound like tunes trying their best to sound like the originals - and failing miserably. The sound effects are completely messed up, though. They get the job done - mostly - but sound completely different from the original game's (save the ring sounds, which are recorded directly from the original). Some sounds are way, way off, though, like how crashing through walls and hitting Eggman both have the "bust a badguy" sound effect (it's as bad as it sounds).

Graphics are more or less identical to the Genesis game, which is good... save the flickering background.

The physics are really, really off. It's hard to explain - you'd have to try it to understand it, but things like jumping higher than you should be, being unable to recover from being hit as quick (which killed me twice in Marble Zone 2, I swear), movement feeling clunky... It's horrible.

The slowdown? VERY prevalent. Maybe that's why the physics feel off - you're moving slowly one splitsecond, and the next you're moving much, much faster - your actual speed. It's very disconcerting, and I swear it's making level completion take at least twice as long as it normally does.

The pop-up? More like pop-out, and it's not that noticeable for the most part - except for the breaking cliffs in GHZ, which disappear in the blink of an eye instead of properly crumbling. Same goes for the breakable walls in GHZ...

In short? <b>Avoid like the plague</b>. This is an insult, Sega. You can do better than this - the <i>Advance</i> games ran better than this, and they're not even as good! There's no good explanation.

Sounds like Sega's big week of <i>Sonic</i> titles is going to end up as one of the worst weeks in <i>Sonic</i> history ever.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

Who made the port? Is it the same people making sega genesis collection?

Anyways I just got sonic 360 and I think it's pretty decent. The controls take a while to get used to but after that I had no trouble once I got the hang of it. can't speak for the whole game yet, I just played as sonic so far. but so far all I really hate are the sonic and elise scenes and the unbelievable long load times. The load times for sub missions are unbelievably long. As of right now I think you guys are being pessimistic. but this oppinion might change, I only played for 3 hours so far.

WW

Post by WW »

Someone posted a scene from the last story of the game on youtube. What a bucket of cockshit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcGGHtKqyQ

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Well, that confirms that the Last Story really was what we were told it was going to be.

I was kind of expecting it to be a little less dark and grim, though, given that this is supposed to be "heaven" (well, at least, Solaris' final form was incredibly white and bright-looking, so I'd figured his stage would too, a la, say, Safer Sephiroth or something)...

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

WW wrote:What a bucket of cockshit.
I think that accurately describes what I just saw. That scene is fucking stupid on practically every level and I honestly can't believe even kids would eat this shit up.

There's just no logical explanation for SEGA actually regressing in ability as the series continues. Instead of learning from their mistakes, they're just looking for new ones to make.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Geez, I'd figure Princess Elise had some sort of furry attraction, I just didn't know she'd go that far.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

!!!

WW

Post by WW »

Luckily, I ended up playing "See how long it takes for the game disk to melt in the microwave", so I'll never have to deal with the piece of shit again. It's remains were flushed to Toilet Town.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Don't just stand there with your exclamation points flapping in the wind, let's hear some anecdotes!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

...wow.

(...)

Post by (...) »

Someone posted a scene from the last story of the game on youtube. What a bucket of cockshit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPcGGHtKqyQ
OMG she kissed him. Hardcore girl-on-hedgehog action. That is so wrong!

But the wave ocean video on that same page looks fcking awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxLTp3Pc ... ed&search=

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

So uh...anyone else is get--no, at least going to rent this game?

A part of me is curious of how bad it is...but, er, I have a feeling I will be a bit disturbed as I watch various Sonic/Elise cutscenes.

I wonder if that scene will inspire even more SonicXElise hentai or badly written lemons.

I say more, because even if I personally didn't see any, I know it exists on the internet according to rule 34.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

The only notable thing in that video is the fact that it takes over 20 seconds to load the first part of the level (from 0:50 to 1:11).

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

WW wrote:Luckily, I ended up playing "See how long it takes for the game disk to melt in the microwave", so I'll never have to deal with the piece of shit again. It's remains were flushed to Toilet Town.
I would have payed you something for it, not much but enough to make you feel less irritated.
Last edited by Wooduck51 on Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

WW wrote:Yes, we know you're a furfag. Stop bringing up in every one of your fucking posts.
Maybe he's trying hard to get a tag.

WW

Post by WW »

Wooduck51 wrote:I would have payed you something for it, not much but enough to make you feel less irritated.
Well sure, but money cannot buy the joy I felt destroying the game.
Ngangbius wrote:Maybe he's trying hard to get a tag.
If that's the case, then maybe he would shut up if he got one.
Last edited by WW on Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Wooduck51 wrote:I would have payed you something for it, not much but enough to make you feel less irritated.
Well sure, but money cannot buy the joy I felt destroying the game.
Yeah but now I have to pay full price or rent;

Well at least there are super forms all around............

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

On the positive side (maybe?) we can now here the full version of the theme song:

http://www.gorylution.com/snatcher/Soni ... (2006).mp3

I actually think it is all right. I still don't really like the sung chorus, but the rapping works for me and the instrumentals are pretty catchy.

Zebrahead recorded an alternate version of this song featuring the entire band. (This version only features the band's two vocalists.) Presumably, the full Zebrahead version will be a rock/punk song like their usual work. Sega seems to have decided not to use this version in the game, but I might be getting a copy of it in the mail in a couple of weeks. I'll be sure to share it with everyone if I get ahold of it.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Wooduck51 wrote:
Yeah but now I have to pay full price or rent;
Well if you payed for this game, you could lose $60 over a crappy game--a game so crappy that it caused someone who liked Shadow the Hedgehog to melt this game.

One week rentals at Blockbuster's cost $8.

Think about it.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

Whoah, Zebrahead is involved with the new Sonic game? Let me know when you get that, Esrever...

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I beg you, be gentle, but:

http://blazemp3.sepwich.com/sonic2k6/rip/

<strike>I'm still in the process of ripping and uploading, so if something doesn't finish, wait a minute and try again</strike>. All of the music from Sonic's side of Sonic 2k6. Reccomendations:

Wave Ocean - The Inlet
White Acropolis - Snowy Peak
White Acropolis - The Base
Aquatic Base - Level 1
Aquatic Base - Level 2
Radical Train - The Chase
Last edited by BlazeHedgehog on Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

Nice title change. XD

Yeah, the music in this game is pretty nice which is a shame that it is wasted on such crap. =(

Like what happened with Tales of Legendia.

Jack Bz

Post by Jack Bz »

That is some seriously great music imo. Too bad the game sucks (for most anyway). I absolutley adore the wave ocean music.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I enjoy the mach speed parts about as much as I enjoy playing Snake.