Full Script for Sonic 2006 revealed

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Shadow Hog

Full Script for Sonic 2006 revealed

Post by Shadow Hog »

<a href="http://www.sonic-cult.org/newsx/comment ... d=119">See Sonic CulT</a>.

I have to admit, reading it gave me a warm, Christmas-y kind of feel, like when you got Christmas break to tear into a brand new (and arguably good) <i>Sonic</i> title. Something a the old <i>Adventure</i> games did way back when. That said, I have absolute faith all of you will find it completely cheesy and convoluted, and I agree entirely. I just seem to have a low standard for that kind of thing, I guess, but the plot really does remind me of better times.

Of course, the gameplay apparently sucks anyway, so it's a bit of a waste. Oh well.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

LOL! Pretty good.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Shadow loses to Mephiles in his final battle.

This is a very good story.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Ritz wrote:Shadow loses to Mephiles in his final battle.

This is a very good story.
Hmm. Hadn't actually thought of it that way, but that's pretty true.

I've noticed that all three stories have mandatory secondary-character levels - only one for each, so it's limited, but still, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Give me the days where the only thing you knew of a game's plot before playing it was inside the instruction manual.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Crazy Penguin wrote:Give me the days where the only thing you knew of a game's plot before playing it was inside the instruction manual.

LOL, give me the days where reading the manual was actually BENEFICIAL to playing the game.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Crazy Penguin wrote:Give me the days where the only thing you knew of a game's plot before playing it was inside the instruction manual.
But only the Japanese ones, correct?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

PMSing, dear?

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

It's a common thing for Crazy Penguin to cite and trust only Japanese soruces of Sonic info. And pretty much everything else made from Japan. It wouldn't bother me so much if he wasn't constantly bringingit up.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Things made by Japan are from Japan, what else are you gonna trust?

Archie Comics?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:It's a common thing for Crazy Penguin to cite and trust only Japanese soruces of Sonic info.
Perhaps you haven't noticed in the 2 years you've been here, but that's what we all do. That's what we're <i>about</i>.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

It's a common thing for Crazy Penguin to cite and trust only Japanese soruces of Sonic info. And pretty much everything else made from Japan. It wouldn't bother me so much if he wasn't constantly bringingit up
As opposed to what sources of American info? Archie comics, one of the crappy cartoon series, or the three paragraphs of background info we get in different instruction booklets?

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Zeta wrote:
It's a common thing for Crazy Penguin to cite and trust only Japanese soruces of Sonic info. And pretty much everything else made from Japan. It wouldn't bother me so much if he wasn't constantly bringingit up
As opposed to what sources of American info? Archie comics, one of the crappy cartoon series, or the three paragraphs of background info we get in different instruction booklets?
This will probably make you all hate me more but I actually like the Archie mythos/characters. If they made an Archie-based Sonic RPG I'd be all over it.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

*SIGH* I wish I had the Delorean.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

This will probably make you all hate me more but I actually like the Archie mythos/characters. If they made an Archie-based Sonic RPG I'd be all over it
That's what all furries say, because it's like a furconvention in those things! Of course, SegaSonic is catching up with all these random, weird-ass animal characters.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I miss those days when Sega Sonic wasn't a gateway to furry-ism.

I haven't read the script, but I'm going to guess it full of emo crap and takes itself a bit too seriously for a series about a talking blue cartoon hedgehog like the Archie comics, am I right? =(

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

People who have read it say that it feels like the Adventure series.

They shouldve named it Sonic Adveture 3, but in a world where a console is named Wii, any name is bound to get screwed.

Same thing happed to Shinobi, he returned he sucked, the end.

But So far people are giving Sonic good feedback about this script.

Now excuse me while I go play Alien Shooter.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

SegaSonic wrote: Same thing happed to Shinobi, he returned he sucked, the end.
I liked the new Shinobi.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Me too, but it was rushed...me thinks and the story sucked, and that damed sword sucked ass (pun intended)

And then they made a game called Kunoichi which I didnt bother to play, did they made anyother?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:It's a common thing for Crazy Penguin to cite and trust only Japanese soruces of Sonic info. And pretty much everything else made from Japan. It wouldn't bother me so much if he wasn't constantly bringingit up.
Care to elaborate? Given the context of the site I bring up information that I feel to be relevant and of interest (such as the G Sonic manual scans), which honestly isn't often. In 2006 I have used the word "Japanese" on this forum exactly twice, and haven't used the word "Japan" at all (excluding this post of course). I fail to see what I have done that constitutes as "constantly bringingit up", Tsuyoshi-kun.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

SegaSonic wrote:
But So far people are giving Sonic good feedback about this script.
And I heard the opposite as I read one post from another MB describing it as "a story writen by the retarded stepsisters of CLAMP that was meant to appeal to 13 year old girls".

Oh well...I'll guess I'll see whenever I play the game.

MegaKitsune

Post by MegaKitsune »

Zeta wrote:
This will probably make you all hate me more but I actually like the Archie mythos/characters. If they made an Archie-based Sonic RPG I'd be all over it
That's what all furries say, because it's like a furconvention in those things!
It's not really that, at least to me (although I will admit it is a nice bonus). No, I like the comic canon better because it seems like there's MORE of a story in the comics. Even if the story is bigger in the games, it seems like it has more depth than the shallow plot of the U.S. version Adventure games. I haven't even touched the subbed Sonic X or the Japanese Adventures, but I bet they have 10X more story than the American version, and THAT would pwn the comic's ass with a rusty fork.

But if we're just talking about U.S. dubs/releases? Comics, hands down, at least IMHO.

However, does Sonic even really NEED a story? God knows if the gameplay was solid and if the camera wasn't homicidal I wouldn't even give a fuck about why I'm collecting rings and Emeralds.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Shinobi was quite good except for the levels with the bottomless pits.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

archie comics is not story. It's a soap opera. Of furry proportions.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Double-S- wrote:Shinobi was quite good except for the levels with the bottomless pits.
Hmmm. Why does this sound familar?