Where's Mighty?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
The Bad Buttons

Where's Mighty?

Post by The Bad Buttons »

I have a question, again(I ask alot of them, if this bothers you please just ignore me)

Did Naoto Oshima take the rights to Mighty when he left sega? I ask this because you never see him in any of the new school titles(obvious), and by the way what ever happened to Ray? Do any of you know who his creator is?

The reason i'm interested in these things, is becasue im an artist and I love to see the diffrent designs of the sonic characters, I was hoping to see an updated official version of mighty and ray someday.

Adamis

Post by Adamis »

Ray and Mighty are still owned by Sega.

If you refer to the japanese storylines, Mighty is a loner and travels around the world alone, that's why he's not a Chaotix.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I don't think Naoto Oshima actually had anything to do with Mighty. Either way, Sega still owns the rights to the entire Sonic series, including all characters.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Mighty and Ray moved to Toronto and got married. Mighty works at a gym and Ray is a clerk at a flower shop. I think they're trying to adopt.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I doubt that anyone will see Mighty in any recognizable form in the future.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Mighty and Ray were just clones, Mighty became Shadow eventually and Ray died when Tails murdered him.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I can find no energy to torture the new members, as I find that I slowly drive them away and become lonely.

The top of the internet heap is indeed dark, LOL.

Arcade

Re: Where's Mighty?

Post by Arcade »

The Bad Buttons wrote:I have a question, again(I ask alot of them, if this bothers you please just ignore me)

Did Naoto Oshima take the rights to Mighty when he left sega? I ask this because you never see him in any of the new school titles(obvious), and by the way what ever happened to Ray? Do any of you know who his creator is?

The reason i'm interested in these things, is becasue im an artist and I love to see the diffrent designs of the sonic characters, I was hoping to see an updated official version of mighty and ray someday.
He was drooped because Heroes only had space for 3 members by team and he is too similar to knuckles. Done…

And yes, he is still owned by Sega, sorry^_-

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Also, Mighty is speed type...we already had a Sonic clone named Shadow who has the same color palette as him, Black,Red and Yellow skin. Probably the same reason Ray was scrapped.

The Chaotix characters were all individuals who met by chance that one time, only Espio was detective back then, Charmy was a flower collector, Vector was an atlethe, Mighty was a traveler who disliked violence and Knuckles was angel island's protector.

Only in Sonic Heroes they decided to make Espio, Vector and Charmy a team. So stupid that even though Espio was the original detective, Vector ended up being the boss, when in reality Vector was a gatorade drinking air head, and Charmy was a flower collecting being who thought he was the fastest insect in the world. And Mighty, I guess he still travels around the globe.

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

Didn't the Japanese profiles also mention the randomness of Vector being of Christian faith?

The Bad Buttons

Vectors faith

Yeah I remember reading something like that on (http://www.knuckleschaotix.info) it was in the Japanese manual except it didn't really say he was a Christian it said this;
"Vector's profile from Knuckles Chaotix (Japanese):
Hobbies: Music, dancing, basketball
Dislikes: Noise
it is a cheerful and remarkable optimist imprudently. However, in fact, rather than whom, group consciousness is strong and has what forcibleness and tenderness which fight also difficult. Existence of God was believed, and the news of the island of a miracle were heard and it came to this island."
Take in mind that the Japanese weren't originaly Christians and the word for God translates to (Kami). Which can be defined a number of ways. The text states that he heard of a miracle on the island and because he believed in God he decided to check it out, doesn't necessarily mean he believes in Jesus :lol: :lol: (though his character does aper to have some African-American attributes, and It would be funny as hell to see him in church yelling, "Yes lord! Praise Jesus!" lol)

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

EmeraldGuardian wrote:Didn't the Japanese profiles also mention the randomness of Vector being of Christian faith?
Maybe he's one of those converted ex-con rappers.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Re: Vectors faith

Post by Ritz »

The Bad Buttons wrote:though his character does aper to have some African-American attributes
Name one, bling bling aside.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

He's really big and has scales?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

The headphones, clearly. I don't know about you guys, but all of my African-American friends wear giant, rediculous looking headphones wherever they go.

Grant

Post by Grant »

I heard black people have big noses, is that true? Vector has a big snout.

The Bad Buttons

Ritz wrote:Name one, bling bling aside.
His since of cool! :cool:

Ever played Chaotix? Look at the way he struts!
You know black people love to strut, cool is apart of the black man's soul
we can't help but strut. Like pearls to clams, it's just in us. :wink:

"btw" Most black people do have big (wide)noses and some south-east asians(mainly tribes in thailand), dont forget the polynesians (mainly samoans). It's for breathin up all the white-man's good air, of course. :grin:

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I heard black people have big noses, is that true? Vector has a big snout.
No, that would mean he's Jewish. Which would also explain the blingbling and the religious stuff. Now that I think about it, with that semi New York accent . . .

Vector is the Hannuka Crocodile!
Like pearls to clams, it's just in us.
Funk is a viscous mucuous you expel to coat iritating objects that find their way into your internal organs?

The Bad Buttons

Zeta wrote:Funk is a viscous mucuous you expel to coat iritating objects that find their way into your internal organs?
Hahahahaha! Yes of course! :lol:(actually I said cool not funk)

Oh yeah. and according to this:http://eg.sonicstrike.net/index.php?id=dyk
Knuckles is Jamaican or at least he was originaly suppose to be.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

That's an oddly workable metaphor. The irritating object is the white man and his uncool prejudice ways, and the funk gradually works the white man's hate into groovy sweet love, or at least into something more palatable for the black man.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

The real question is:

Do white people really smell funny?

The Bad Buttons

Vector's a Brotha

Ritz wrote:
The Bad Buttons wrote:though his character does aper to have some African-American attributes
Name one, bling bling aside.
Vector's Hobbies: Music, dancing, basketball
Thats three
1. Music: Black people love music and are resposible for 95% percent of America's music styles (blues, jazz, rock,rap...etc.)
2.Dancing: Black people created those music styles to dance to them and are some of the best dancers world wide.ie. soul
3.Basketball: enough said. . .
Zeta wrote:Do white people really smell funny?
Everybody smells funny

Scarred Sun

Post by Scarred Sun »

Repost of what I put on the talk page for Mighty at Wikipedia:

Please. Please. PLEASE. Let's get rid of the "Mighty no longer appears in games is because his creator left SEGA and took the rights to use the character with him[2];" statement. Why?

* Contrary to popular belief, the most likely designer of Mighty the Armadillo is not Naoto Ohshima, but in fact Manabu Kusunoki, who is the only person listed both as a designer in SegaSonic the Hedgehog and Knuckles' Chaotix.
* Manabu Kusunoki was with Sonic Team at least until Sonic Adventure, where he/she is credited; Kusunoki appear to be one of the developers who split for Artoon.
* It is against BASIC BUSINESS PRINCIPLES to not have a clause, especially in creative environments such as video game developement, to say that content created on the clock is the property of the corporation, not the individual. Chaos would ensue if that was the case.
* For a comparable example, Yasushi Yamaguchi, well-documented as the designer of Tails, left Sega completely in 1995; however, the Tails character is in use to this day.

I'm sorry to get so detailed, but this is one of my biggest pet peeves of the fandom.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Wow, I want to learn more from you.

and BTW: Nice avatar.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

* Contrary to popular belief, the most likely designer of Mighty the Armadillo is not Naoto Ohshima, but in fact Manabu Kusunoki, who is the only person listed both as a designer in SegaSonic the Hedgehog and Knuckles' Chaotix.
Well, Mighty appeared in SegaSonic the Hedgehog first, I beleive, so . . .