Im quite confused...

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
The Bad Buttons

Im quite confused...

Post by The Bad Buttons »

Nice to meet y'all! I know this topic has come up a thousand times (maybe), There seems to be an inconsistancy(i cant spell) with the special items of the sonic universe. Here are a couple questions(actually several).

1.How many chaos emeralds are there exactly?
2.Are the super emeralds seperate from them or upgrades?
3.Emerald shards in sonic 3?
4.What happened to the chaos rings?
5.Are heavy and Bomb double agents(off topic)
6.How can Knuckles be the only remaning gaurdian Wouldn't he be like 10,000 years old!Who filled in the gap between chaos's rampage and the present era?(kinda off subject. ) :confused:
7.Maybe these are just video games and i dont need to look into them that deeply...neh?
Last edited by The Bad Buttons on Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Re: The many Riches of sonic universe....Im quite confused..

Post by Delphine »

The Bad Buttons wrote:i cant spell
Or capitalize or punctuate or properly use the space bar.

The Bad Buttons

Oh I love your sarcasm! :grin:
Im gonna love it here at the GHZ! Delphine thanks for poping my message board cherry!

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

That wasn't sarcasm, she was just stating a fact.

...*popping

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

Shut up.

2.Are the super emeralds seperate from them or upgrades?

Fuck off.

3.Emerald shards in sonic 3?

Get cancer.

Get cancer NOW.

5.Are heavy and Bomb double agents(off topic)

Read a book.

6.How can Knuckles be the only remaning gaurdian Wouldn't he be like 10,000 years old!Who filled in the gap between chaos's rampage and the present era?(kinda off subject. )

Get a job.

7.Maybe these are just video games and i dont need to look into them that deeply...neh?

Go give your grandmother a rimjob.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Yeah, not even remotely sarcastic there.

I smell a troll.

WW

Post by WW »

The Bad Buttons wrote:Oh I love your sarcasm! :grin:
Im gonna love it here at the GHZ! Delphine thanks for poping my message board cherry!

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I'll pope YOUR cherry...

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

I realize that the GHZ probably isn't the best place to come when asking for help, but is answering his questions really that hard? I mean, usually not even SegaSonic cops this much shit in such a short space of time and he's far more difficult to understand.

Maybe its just me, but asking innocent questions (and being sarcastic when insulted) doesn't seem like a reason to receive insults like "Get cancer" or "Go give your grandmother a rimjob".

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Unless it's /b/, where Anonymous does not forgive.

Anyway, I'm nice. That and the above sentence probably won't cut it as a full-out reply. So:

1) Seven. Eight if spoilers for the new game are to be believed.
2) Nobody knows; I want to say upgrades, but they looked like their new forms in the past, too, so it's a really messed-up issue.
3) I have no idea what the hell this means. Please restate this question as a question, not a fragment, because it makes no sense as-is.
4) They were unimportant and ultimately ignored. I never really understood the point of those things, anyway.
5) Not that I know of. What would it matter if they were?
6) Hey, it's not impossible that Knux HAD biological parents, but they've since died off, leaving Knux on his own. That said, it's a video game that doesn't delve much into the history of its characters (bar Shadow), so it's not that important.
7) Exactly.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Hybrid wrote:I realize that the GHZ probably isn't the best place to come when asking for help, but is answering his questions really that hard?
The man asked stupid questions using poor grammar. Did you expect ribbons to come down from the ceiling, celebrating his entrance into the site, as a loud anthem played by an exquisite jazz trumpeter played from every speaker of every computer in existence, regardless of whether or not they have an internet connection?

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

No.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Nobody knows; I want to say upgrades, but they looked like their new forms in the past, too, so it's a really messed-up issue.
This question caught my attention, my theory is that the Chaos Emeralds grow in power and appearance when near the Master Emerald.

WW

Post by WW »

Yes, that would explain the scene where Knuckles has the emeralds near the ME on his island in the last story of SA. This would also explain why in the same game, when Sonic and Tails collect the emeralds, the emeralds are the same size they were shown in the past, when on the alter.

Or in the last story of SA2, when Shadow and Sonic are going Super. Knuckles has the ME with him, but they're the same size as they were throughout the entire game.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I thought that the Master Emerald depowered the Chaos Emeralds, not unlike an EMP.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

They seemed smaller than the ones in the past when Sonic collected them, also I think I missed on something.
I thought that the Master Emerald depowered the Chaos Emeralds, not unlike an EMP.
Maybe the reason the Emeralds could've gone Super in the past was that they were placed on specific altars or pillars near the Master Emerald.

Remember that The Emeralds can sense stuff, well atleast we know the Master Emerald does. This leads me to believe the Master Emerald can both use the Emeralds as well as stop them.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Hybrid wrote:Maybe its just me, but asking innocent questions (and being sarcastic when insulted) doesn't seem like a reason to receive insults like "Get cancer" or "Go give your grandmother a rimjob".
1) Don't ever listen to anything Doc says ever. He's an idiot. I have him on ignore for a reason.
2) His questions have been discussed to death.
3) I'm mean.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Delphine wrote:1) Don't ever listen to anything Doc says ever. He's an idiot. I have him on ignore for a reason.
Advice noted.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

We really don't have to play pile on every time a new member posts something about Sonic.
6.How can Knuckles be the only remaning gaurdian Wouldn't he be like 10,000 years old!Who filled in the gap between chaos's rampage and the present era?(kinda off subject. ) Confused
The Japanese Official Sonic Adventure strategy guide had some story sections which mentioned that Chaos's attack took place 3000 years ago and that though the echidna race (or "Knuckles tribe") was severely weakened some still survived. Some of the survivors would have remained on Earth and created the mural of Chaos in the Lost World temple, whilst others would have ended up on Angel Island as the area of land around the shrine was lifted up into the sky by the Master Emerald. Knuckles has been confirmed as 16 years old and knows very little of his past, so his race must have slowly thinned out until he was the only one left. His parents probably died whilst he was very young, but old enough to learn how to talk.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Seven. The big one is the Master emerald, so it doesn’t count.

2. Are the super emeralds separate from them or upgrades?

They are supposedly upgraded versions, because they got extra power from the Master emerald or something like that...

3. Emerald shards in sonic 3?

No, they aren’t any pieces of the Master emerald in Sonic 3. The master esmerld doest get cut into pieces until Sonic Adventure, and the chaos emeralds don’t get cut into pieces until…look at the museum kid!.

Lets just say that they decided to stop using them, in the same way they drooped Mighty and made Chaos and others humans besides Robotnik appear from nowhere.

5. Are heavy and Bomb double agents(off topic)

They are defective Eggman Robots created with a comical purpose.

6. How can Knuckles be the only remaining gaurdian Wouldn't he be like 10,000 years old!Who filled in the gap between chaos's rampage and the present era?(kinda off subject. )

After Chaos wiped out most of the Echidna race, they survived for some time, but since couples tended to have only one or two children’s, their numbers keep decreasing until only Knuckles was left. They could also been forced to breed with cousins in the lasts years, that could explain Knuckles stupidity.

7. Maybe these are just video games and i dont need to look into them that deeply...neh?

Yeah, but if it wasn’t because people like you exist, we wont have anything interesting to do here.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Arcade wrote:They could also been forced to breed with cousins in the lasts years, that could explain Knuckles stupidity.
Yeah. Oh and, by the way, say hello to your mother-aunt-stepdad for me.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Maybe that's why he has no fingers on his gloves too.

The Bad Buttons

I don't think he is stupid, I just think he's a little gullable and naive. I mean think about it, if you were alone on a secluded island for 16 years of your life how much would you understand the outside world and the people from it, the first person you meet might be the one you trust the most just how Knuckles often trusts Eggman for the same reason. Keep in mind how many times Knuckles was able to nab the chaos emeralds from Sonic, he was pretty tricky with his tactics.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

The Bad Buttons wrote:I don't think he is stupid, I just think he's a little gullable and naive. I mean think about it, if you were alone on a secluded island for 16 years of your life how much would you understand the outside world and the people from it, the first person you meet might be the one you trust the most just how Knuckles often trusts Eggman for the same reason. Keep in mind how many times Knuckles was able to nab the chaos emeralds from Sonic, he was pretty tricky with his tactics.
He used to be gullible and naive, but Sega current approach is to make him just stupid. is Knuckles creator still working at Sega?.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

Yes, he was behind Sonic Riders.