Im quite confused...

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
The Bad Buttons

Post by The Bad Buttons »

I like the character art of riders the soft colors, the lines and the shading. anybody know who the designer is?

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I just find it annoying that Sega always play the same card on Knuckles as in Sonic 3/K. What happened with Knuckles being tricked first time and in Sonic Adventure is understandable, but Sega thought for some reason, he should be like that in pretty much every game.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Within the context of his original premise, Knuckles is the most overexposed character in the series. Beyond Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Chaotix and Sonic Adventure (and arguably Sonic Advance 1-3) there has been little or no in-story justification for his presence.

He was a much stronger character as a solitary figure, his life dedicated to the duty that he alone had been left with.

Send Knuckles off on crazy adventures for no reason and he just becomes a generic tough guy hero.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

What about Sonic Adventure 2? He was collecting the fragments of the Master Emerald. He just happens to meet up with Sonic and co. later on.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Oh yeah, that too. I try to block it from memory because they pulled the exact same schtick as in SA1, only this time around it didn't make any sense!

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I don't understand how some pieces fell into a frickin' underground mine. At least his other four levels made somewhat sense.

The Bad Buttons

Crazy Penguin wrote:Within the context of his original premise, Knuckles is the most overexposed character in the series. Beyond Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Chaotix and Sonic Adventure (and arguably Sonic Advance 1-3) there has been little or no in-story justification for his presence.

He was a much stronger character as a solitary figure, his life dedicated to the duty that he alone had been left with.

Send Knuckles off on crazy adventures for no reason and he just becomes a generic tough guy hero.
Agreed.
The Bad Buttons wrote:I like the character art of riders the soft colors, the lines and the shading. anybody know who the designer is?
Anybody?

Scarred Sun

Post by Scarred Sun »

The Bad Buttons wrote:I like the character art of riders the soft colors, the lines and the shading. anybody know who the designer is?
It's hard to say with any real certainty, but my best guess would be Takeshi Mitsumoto, listed both as character designer and event art, which would make sense. It'd help if SoJ would mention who did boxart. This style is also similar to Unjammer Lammy/Parappa the Rapper, which he also worked in. I know it's at least NOT Uekawa or Moriya--it's simply not their style.

The Bad Buttons

*Thoughts about the chaos emeralds*

I think sonic one is like a cornerstone for all the other games seeing that it only had six emeralds it seems to me to stand alone in its on continuity.

Since Sega Technical Institute created sonic2, sonic3, and sonic&knuckles (death egg saga)along with Naka. It seems to me that the seven emeralds and super sonic was an inside joke because Naka liked dragon ball z. In the sonic3 manual it appears knuckles had another set of emeralds so I believe the super emeralds are a combined set which occurs when the westside island set come into contact with the angel island set. My theory is that the master emerald has nothing to do with creating the super emeralds I believe the super emeralds are the original form of the emeralds and when the gods where angered they split up angel island and westside island along with the island from chaotix and they also divided the power of the emeralds into two separate sets(westside island set) and (angel island set). this is just something that i came up with from looking at a lot of different details from the earlier games.