Seaman 2

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Kishi

Seaman 2

Post by Kishi »

<a href="http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153685">Don't panic</a>!

The paradigm shift is surprising, and a tiny neanderthal isn't nearly as delightfully unnerving as a man-faced fish, but it's ultimately nothing more than an aesthetic change. As long as the interaction is up to par, I'll be quite satisfied.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

By the way, did anyone else here play Odama? Or rather, tapped buttons and watched shit happen that you wished you could control in Odama? I've never played such a stunningly awful game that I find so peculiarly difficult to part with.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Bad bad bad, like any kid who didn’t have a Dreamcast would buy a sequel of the game. They should include Seaman 1 together with Seaman 2, so people would buy the game even if Seaman 2 sucks.

I remember when I bought Duke Nuken 3D, it included Duke Nuken 1&2.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I was looking forward to seaman 2 being about the human-headed bird hinted at in Seaman 1's storyline. Shouldn't the name be different? Miniman or something?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Seaman had a storyline? I could never bring myself to play it, or games like Animal Crossing, because I don't have the kind of free time needed for a game that forces daily play. Gaming is for weekends!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Long story short:

The myth of Seaman is that an Egyptian wizard turned two starcrossed-lovers into a birdwoman and a seaman, respectively.

The science of Seaman says that they're parasitic creatures that take on whatever form a seaman larvae is consumed by, and then bursts out of. So if it's eaten by a fish, they become fish people. But if it's eaten by a crane or something you get birdy people.

Sadly the bird seamen were never introduced in actual gameplay, just talked about.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

There's no huge time commitment required for Seaman - you have to pop it in once or twice a day to adjust the temperature, but your sittings don't have to be any longer than 2 or 3 minutes. It's the sort of thing you can do before leaving for work in the morning. It's actually kind of therapeutic, or it would be if it weren't so bloodcurdling.

WB
Drano Master

Post by WB »

I saw that they made a sequel to that monstrous thing the other day.

I wonder if this one will have the little neanderthal man screaming bloody murder at you too...