Steve Irwin is dead.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Steve Irwin is dead.

Post by Baba O'Reily »

He was killed by a stingray this morning while filming an underwater documentary. A barb went through his chest, and, well, yeah...

So long, brave Crocodile Hunter! We will miss the unfair image that you gave to the rest of the world about Australians.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Man, it was like a swift kick to the ass when I first heard about this late last night. For shame, I thought he had a lot more to offer the word...

RIP Croc Hunter.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Darn,

I knew the world of the ocean was too much even for him.

RIP steve Irwin.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

A stingray, of all things... holy shit.
Goodbye, Crocodile Hunter. If "Jaws" is any indication, expect stingrays to be less popular.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

I've always thought he had a death wish, now it's been answered ("Come on, croc, fuckin' bite me! Kill me now, you're a big bastard! Come on now!") Bummer for his family, and all.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

But the fact that it was a stingray of all things is kind of funny. It's like a tornado chaser dying by choking on a hailstone that fell into his mouth.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

The thing stabbed him right through the heart! Guy was hardcore to the end.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Now that he's dead, I'm excited for his pop status to start ridiculously inflating. Right next to your Tupac tattoo, under your Kurt Cobain t-shirt and below your Jesus necklace, will be a picture of Steve Irwin with a thought bubble of "Crikey!"

CM August

Post by CM August »

It's still hard to believe. He was a veritable Australian legend. And to think, I wanted to go to Australia Zoo and meet him one day... now I'll never have the chance.

At least he went out like a champ. Let's face it, getting stabbed through the heart by a giant pancake is the way to go!

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

I remember going to his park when I was younger, and watching him waltz into this seemingly empty enclosure without a care in the world. He casually announced that he was in the presence of two crocs (who were hiding in the water at the time), one a female who had just laid her eggs and the other a 13 foot monster male who is extremely aggressive... Even by crocodile standards.

Watching him draw the two of them out of the water, feed them, putting on a show the entire time and never once looking out of control or out of his depth was an experience that I've kept with me all my life. I can't say I wanted to be Steve Irwin one day, but he was probably the closest thing to a "childhood hero" I ever had.

I heard on the radio this morning that according to the camera man (who was obviously there when Irwin was stabbed), the last thing Steve did before he died was rip out the serrated tail of the stingray that had stabbed him. If that isn't a complete personification of his strong-hearted character, then I don't know what is.

Rest in Peace, Steve.

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

He died doing what he loved to do, and while most of us thought he was crazy, we should think of him for what he was: a near-fearless man who was full of life and who loved his family.

I mean, in six months, we're gonna look back on this and say "Somewhere, someone won a $50 bet", but it still doesn't take the point away that he deserves our respect.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Apparently, he's only the third person ever to be killed by a stingray. Seems unlikely, but I wouldn't doubt that he died in a manner only a select few can.

Does this make stingrays more dangerous than crocs?

Brazillian Cara

Let's see... crocs still kill more people than stingrays. So, no.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

A very ironic death indeed, thousands of kids feed Stingrays at Seaworld all the time.

I heard he was doing a ducumentary at the Great Barrier Reef, I guess he died near-ish home?

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

It feels, so, odd. I don't know the guy, he has no bearing on my life, Yet his death makes me fell rather crappy. I'm gonna miss his awesome moxious-ness, Goodbye Steve.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Absolutely heartbroken. :(

Isambard

Post by Isambard »

...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

...ahhh, I'm going to hell.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

The guy was my hero. It really was a shock to know that he other day. I keep thinking about his wife and kids, and the legacy his father gave him. I bet she will pass that on to the children, but it won't be the same.

Rest in peace Irwin.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I find it strangely amusing that Australians are now making revenge killings on stingrays and cutting off their tails.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Thats like the last thing Steve would want, those people are nuts.

Steve got killed because he got careless, every wild animal is dangerous he was just asking for it.

I guess Steve was fast on his feet, but underwater we are useless.

He died doing what he loved, and thats what we should be happy about.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Is sad how humans only care when someone dies, but not when he is alive and you can still helps him/her...

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Is sad how humans only care when someone dies, but not when he is alive and you can still helps him/her...
. . . so we should've been living as Steve Irwin's servants for the past five years? Or wiped out the Stingray population beforehand?

You make no fucking sense.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Considering the nature of Steve Irwin's fame, I don't think he's the kind of person who needed any help with anything.

Except stingrays, perhaps.

Brazillian Cara

Omni Hunter wrote:I find it strangely amusing that Australians are now making revenge killings on stingrays and cutting off their tails.
F***. What did I say?

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I know, I watched a tribute to him today. I can't believe the guy was jumping fully grown Crocs as the age of 9.