Sonic 3D Blast Beta!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Tweaker

Sonic 3D Blast Beta!

Post by Tweaker »

http://www.sws2b.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7680

If you're able to contribute, please do so! Any money is welcome, and if you're able to send some money to help us get this thing, email drx at thedrx@gmail.com with details on how you intend to pay.

For the record, this is the E3 build. It seems to have a lot of differences just from the few screenshots we have so far of it.

Discuss.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

I've always thought the pre-release builds of the Sonic Team games to be interesting, but $700? I'll hack out large chunks on the Sonic 3D Blast ROM and change some graphics for you for $50.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

"Interesting" or not, I still don't see why anyone would pay any kind of money for an unfinished build of a horrible disaster of a game, unless they had fountains of cash they were itching to blow on whatever bullshit that came their way.

I guess I can understand with Xtreme, but it didn't come out and has some kind of "legendary" status so it's natural people would be more interested in it......but 3d? Did anyone seriously actually enjoy that game?

Dash

Post by Dash »

I did. I mean, it had the 3 new Flickies in it. They kicked ass. Especially the green one.

All in all I don't think it's that bad of a game, especially considering it's more an extension of the original Flicky game's formula rather than a true Sonic game. I had an okay time with it. The Saturn version's music was nice too.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I had a blast with it (no pun intended). I can see where some of the negativity comes from (you know, not fast enough and all), but to say it wasn't fun at all would be an utter lie.

Of course, my first version was the PC one, which was pretty easy to control. I've heard the D-Pads aren't so great - although I never had much trouble with the Saturn version, either.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I like it but I think it's just too easy. I bought it when it came out on my first (only) trip to the States and finished it one week after. Actually, I didn't, I turned off before I could get to the last zone to force myself to play it at least three times without beating it. D-pads are ok.

Good thing I bought Sonic CD as well.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

You guys thought it was that easy? I spent too much time cursing at the foul controls. I really just couldn't tell where the hell I was jumping, and that meant that getting items was somewhat severely irritating.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

The only real problem I had with the game was the final Zone - I got lost for hours running around that huge Eggman eyesore in the centre of the stage - but the fantastic soundtrack and special stages more than made up for an otherwise average game.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I enjoyed the game, but I would never pay for it. (Incidentally, this was the first of only 8 games I ever emulated)

j-man

Post by j-man »

I got it for a birthday present, so I never paid for it either. Plus, youthful ignorance made the game seem that much better, so I didn't even regret having my parents buy it. Success!

muke

Post by muke »

I also had a good time with the Saturn version, but when I played the Genesis version on Mega Collection I could feel the suck, especially with the sickening special stages. Non-Saturn owners don't know what they're missing!

Also, I expected more bashing. Has this place become more positive since I left here many moons ago?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Has this place become more positive since I left here many moons ago?
That can't be a negative thing.

j-man

Post by j-man »

Clearly.