SonicTeam's next DS game

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
EspioKaos

SonicTeam's next DS game

Post by EspioKaos »

Check out the upper right-hand corner of the SonicTeam website. You may notice a new mini-banner there for an upcoming DS title. It's called Brain Age and Stress Meter: Atama Scan. From what I've looked over, it seems to be ST's way of jumping aboard the brain training bandwagon. The game will be released in Japan on September 14 for 2,800 yen. I would look more into the game now, but I've got a plane to catch a little later this morning, so I need to try to get at least an hour or two of sleep before then.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

This brain training thing got old pretty fast. I wonder how much new content they can bring to the formula.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Segaholic2 wrote:This brain training thing got old pretty fast. I wonder how much new content they can bring to the formula.
I wonder how much it will matter since these type of games are selling like gangbusters in Japan and has had some success in the West. XD

Sega's last Brain Training-like game Brain Trainer Portable for the PSP moved close to 300,000 units and is one of the top selling PSP games in Japan.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

Boy I am so glad we're getting another Brain Training rip off instead of Sonic Rush 2!

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

That or Chu² DS, which would make the most sense out of anything for the handheld period.

Oh, I forgot, Brain Training -- I mean, Brain Age... whatever. Not much to say about it other than it resembling Brain Training. At least something is coming out of SONICTEAM other than another Sonic game.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Yeah, a Wi-Fi Chu Chu with two screens and a touch pad to place the arrows would rock. I wouldn't buy it cause I don't have a DS, but it would still rock.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Damn...wait there was a Chu Chu Rocket released for the GBA, right?
Last edited by Arcade on Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Yeah.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Arcade wrote:Anyone here played "Dr Brain lost his mind" or something like that?
The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain? Man, I still have that, I don't know if it'll work on this computer... I'm pretty sure I tried to install it at one point and the installer didn't work. That was a fun game, though some parts were a bit tedious. Also that mouse's comments were pretty annoying in some of the sections. Haha, I remember when I got to Dreamland and thought it was great that I didn't have to listen to the mouse, only to find that - what's her name, Dr. Brain's - daughter? niece? younger female relative - made just as annoying comments.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I've installed it on an XP computer. It works fine. We also have <i>Time Warp of Dr. Brain</i> (which I quite enjoyed as well), and then some weird Knowledge Adventure-made <i>Dr. Brain</i> games with a young and hip Dr. Brain. Actually, one's a first-person puzzler using UnrealEngine and it's not too shabby. <i>Action Reaction</i>... worth a look into if you find it for cheap.

As for the EARLIER games, I believe we have them but have no idea where to look.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Sniffnoy wrote:
Arcade wrote:Anyone here played "Dr Brain lost his mind" or something like that?
The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain? Man, I still have that, I don't know if it'll work on this computer... I'm pretty sure I tried to install it at one point and the installer didn't work. That was a fun game, though some parts were a bit tedious. Also that mouse's comments were pretty annoying in some of the sections.
Fracas, fracas, FRA-CAS!
That's what he said in the music area, right? With the germanish accent?

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Brazillian Cara wrote:Fracas, fracas, FRA-CAS!
That's what he said in the music area, right? With the germanish accent?
*grimace* I think the Shakespearean one was the worst, though.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

I kinda liked his voice in that filing cabinet one. Sure, it was monotone and somewhat dull, but not particularly annoying or anything.

BTW, if you wanted to see the "new" Dr. Brain (or order <i>Action Reaction</i> for the low, low price of $20), <a href="http://shop.knowledgeadventure.com/serv ... v=BASE">do so here</a>.

CE

Post by CE »

While on a subject with a similar name, Pinky and the Brain just got released on DVD. You must buy it RIGHT NOW!

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Sniffnoy wrote:
The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain? Man, I still have that, I don't know if it'll work on this computer... I'm pretty sure I tried to install it at one point and the installer didn't work. That was a fun game, though some parts were a bit tedious. Also that mouse's comments were pretty annoying in some of the sections. Haha, I remember when I got to Dreamland and thought it was great that I didn't have to listen to the mouse, only to find that - what's her name, Dr. Brain's - daughter? niece? younger female relative - made just as annoying comments.
Well I only have a demo and it worked fine in Windows 95...too bad I couldnt get the game...

I also never got the first "War Wind" so I keep and keep playing the demo for 3 years..

Too bad War Wind 2 sucked a lot and that killed the saga...