My best friend died today...

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
VGJustice

My best friend died today...

Post by VGJustice »

Today, my friend of 9 years died in his room. You knew him as WhoopA.

I don't know exactly what happened, and I don't want to go into details here. Instead, I'd like to bring to everyone's attention what he was like, and show some of the comunities that he was apart of.

He was my best friend. He was always strong willed, and he woulnd't take anything from anyone. Whenever he needed help, he would try to do it on his own first, then ask for help. He would pont out a fault directly, which is something athat seriously lacking in today's world. And, even though he could be pretty abrasive, you could never ask for a more true friend. He stood up for what he believed in, even if that meant that he would end up distancing himself from most others.

I know that if I ever needed help with a character or fiction of my own, he was the one to ask. He could spot problems before they were problems, and he was rarely wrong.

I can not express in words how much I will miss him. I hope that someone, somewhere, feels the same way.

His personal website: http://whoopanetwork.com/
His deviantART page: http://whoopa.deviantart.com/

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Well, shit. He was one of the better posters here, I thought.

Condolences.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Rest in Peace, WhoopA.

And VGJustice, I'm so sorry.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Wow, a dark day indeed. WhoopA will definitely be missed in my book, he was a good debater.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

He was concise, intelligent, and likeable.
I am sorry to see him go.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Oh my God, really?

I am so sorry for your lose. I didn't know WhoopA well, but from what I knew of him, I liked him and he was great to be with. Rest in peace...

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Jesus. Things like this always catch you like a tennis ball to the nuts. As far as things go here, he was a pretty sane and friendly guy.

I know what it's like to lose a friend. My heart goes out to you, mate. Best wishes to the family.

Saturnman

Post by Saturnman »

Sorry about your friend.

I was hesitant to click on those links but your friend's deviantart is not as deviant as I feared.

Oh yeah, and this post proves I am still alive.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

I'm very sorry. May he rest in peace.

Grant

Post by Grant »

That sucks. I'm really sorry to hear that.

Thanks for posting that stuff, though, VG.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Downer.

So did you know WhoopA in real life? I have often wondered how, if I died for some reason, my friends on the internet would ever find out, or if they would just think I had just gotten a life or something (when in fact it was exactly the opposite)

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

Holy shit, that's crazy. I mean, you don't expect people from the internet to die. I mean, it's the internet and shit. Wow. That guy was quite the fan of my art too. It's odd to think a dead man was appreciative of what I did.

Anyway sorry, dude.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Theres only one word that you feel after something like this happens. That word is Shit. And when you tell other people you can see in their eyes they are saying shit.

RIP WhoopA

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

My deepest sympathy for you VG Justice and all of WhoopA's friends and family. He was very talented for how young he was, it's so sad how he had to go so soon.

VGJustice

Post by VGJustice »

Sorry it's been so long since I've mentioned anything about this topic. It still hurts to think about it, let alone talk about it. But, at the same time, I feel that it's unfair to keep all the details so close to my chest, not to mention unhealthy for me.

WhoopA was into bondage to a degree. Not like the super hard-core stuff, but the SatAM variety. It seems that he was trying some self bondage and managed to crush his chest, suffocating to death. When the police report first came out, they ruled it a suicide, but it was later changed to "Accidental Death". You have no idea the weight that lifted off of my shoulders. Again, I'm sorry for not mentioning this earlier, but I didn't have all of the info myself yet, and as you can now see, it's pretty gruesome what happened. :(

To answer some other questions:

j-man: It was much worse when I thought he had killed himself. A bit closer to a bowling ball to the nuts, give or take.

G. Silver: Yes, we knew each other in real life. He's the one that introduced me to this site, actually.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I was going to come in yesterday and make a joke about self-asphyxiation, which would've been in poor taste, so I restrained myself. I am now so, so glad that I did not make that joke.

Anyways, I'm sorry for your loss, and I sincerely hope that you'll be able to move on. I hope that you, your family, and WhoopA's family will be able to cope with his loss.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I was going to come in yesterday and make a joke about self-asphyxiation, which would've been in poor taste, so I restrained myself. I am now so, so glad that I did not make that joke.
Me too. This is the third person I've talked to online that's killed themselves via self-asphyxiation. Someone really needs to do something about this.

The first thing that went through my head when I saw this topic was "Not again, it couldn't be". Alas, I was proven wrong.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Jesus...that's a horrible way to die. :(

Damn, some days ago I was wondering what happened to him...

You, his other friends, and family have my condolences.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

I don't have the habit of saying what's been said before... but my condolences, man.

aso

Post by aso »

Didn't know him too well, but from what I saw of his posts, he was a pretty funny guy. I hate to think about what this is doing to his family.

My condolences.

VGJustice

Post by VGJustice »

Well, in about 14 hours or so, I'm going to go pay my final respects. The pastor of the church asked us to write out what we would be saying because he's had some disrespectful things said in his church before. So, I felt the need to post it up on my dA acount as well. Here's a preview for you guys:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36647127/

After the service, I'll try and get some photos up (he was cremated, so no need to worry about that). Thanks again for all your kind words, it really means a lot to me.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

A touching euology VG. Forgive me if this question may be a bit too close, but will he have his ashes spread, and if so, where.
Not being rude, just asking out of respect.

VGJustice

Post by VGJustice »

I don't mind the question. His ashes are spread at an exclusive site. Seems that the guy that invented the tubes for TVs is also buried there. I don't know the name of the place off hand, though.

Zaranth

Post by Zaranth »

G.Silver wrote:Downer.

So did you know WhoopA in real life? I have often wondered how, if I died for some reason, my friends on the internet would ever find out, or if they would just think I had just gotten a life or something (when in fact it was exactly the opposite)
Well, at least I'm not the only one who's thought of that too. For some reason, I imagine one of my family members would spread the word after they found out about all the websites I go too.

I didn't know him at all really. But my condolences.