Good news, everyone!

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Good news, everyone!

Post by Locit »

It seems that new Futurama content will be returning to television.
Comedy Central will be running the four new direct to DVD movies as sixteen new episodes. Each movie will be run as four episodes each.
http://www.gotfuturama.com/
Sorry if this is just a "link" topic, but I sort of figured that enough people here love Futurama that they'd be excited to hear about anything of this nature.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Does every thread about this news have to be titled 'Good news, everyone'?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Yes. I briefly considered calling it something else, but this was easier.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I can't say I'm excited about the feature length movies being bastardised into 22 minute episodes. I'll just get the DVDs.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Did anyone see the new animated skit involving Al Gore and Bender? It's an advertisement for a movie (An Inconvenient Truth). It's on the front page of YouTube if anyone cares or hasn't seen it yet.

And yay new Futurama!

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Crazy Penguin wrote:I can't say I'm excited about the feature length movies being bastardised into 22 minute episodes. I'll just get the DVDs.
Personally, I HOPE that's what's happening. Because actually putting the show back into production will only ensure that the quality will eventually go down the toilet, as was the case with a certain other animated series resurrected several years after cancellation.

Really, the series is perfect the way it it, and it will be great to cap it all off with the DTV releases. Why risk ruining a good thing by resurrecting the series.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

It is. Four feature-length movies being chopped into four episodes each, so 16 episodes total.

They'll probably be written with the episodic format in mind, like the Stewie Griffin movie (which sucked, but that's another point).

Personally I'm very excited, but we'll have to wait until Christmas 2007 to get the first one. Blah.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

Ohhh, missed that!

It still annoys me that people would rather see the series go on for eternity than to have it end on a respectable note.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Well they probably believe it won't start to suck. I personally wouldn't mind 3 more good seasons even if it meant enduring another 3 shitty ones after that.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Pepperidge wrote:Really, the series is perfect the way it it, and it will be great to cap it all off with the DTV releases. Why risk ruining a good thing by resurrecting the series.
I agree, but I still don't see the point of chopping the movies up into a TV series. If anything that'd make another series even more likely, if it's successful enough. By trying to have their cake and eat it the pacing will ultimately suffer.

Tsuyoshi-kun

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Why make another real season? So Futurama can go down the same pit of never-ending shit that Family Guy has recently joined together in along with The Simpsons? No thanks. I hope they don't plan anything outside of these DVD movies, honestly.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Did you see the episode Petergeist? That was the greatest episode of Family Guy ever.

PERIOD.

Tsuyoshi-kun

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I only liked the beginning of the episode, with the Rocky bit. I didn't care much for the rest.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I really don't think the new Family Guy's are that bad. There was a few episode stretch that kind of sucked, but overall they still make me laugh.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Family guy has turned into one of my simple hates. Yeah, it was all fun and laughs around the start. But now they've entered this spiral of rehashed gags, drawn-out scenes of unmotivated conversation and repeated storylines. Every other episode seems to be about Brian's mid life crisis, the relationship between Peter and Lois' Father or some other scandel.

That and i discovered the show was written by manatees.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Did you see the episode Petergeist? That was the greatest episode of Family Guy ever.

PERIOD.

I think Family Guy's been down on it's newest season, too, but somehow I agree with Zeta on this...only if not for the perverted old guy vs. Possessed Tree ala Lord of the Rings. There's just something so damn hilarious about that.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

I don't know, family guy still has it's moments. It's the only show that makes me laugh anymore besides home movies.

Yeah, I don't know why I find home movies so funny.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Me neither. It's terrible.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I only really watch an episode of Family Guy every now and then when I can be bothered. I can't be arsed to watch it enough to neither like or hate it.

But yeah, there is something about watching a guy get smacked in the knackers by a swingball. Just really light entertainment I guess.

mad_cat_42

Post by mad_cat_42 »

So in other words, Futurama is going to pull a ReBoot. Not sure if I'm excited or not. By making the movies into a series of shows, they move away from a series of self-stanidng episodes with no real continuity. They way they're doing it now makes me fear people will have to watch previous episodes to get what's going on in the current one. Either way, I hope this is the last actual season for reasons stated above.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Futurama has always had a bit of continuity to it. The holophoner, Leela's parents, etc.

mad_cat_42

Post by mad_cat_42 »

But for the most part, you can watch any episode in any order and be fine. The way they're doing it, either you watch all the episodes or you might as well have not watched any of them.

Pepperidge
Drano Master

Post by Pepperidge »

If you don't like that, just watch them as movies.

Mouthfullofjoy

Post by Mouthfullofjoy »

Is it just me or does comedy central sound like the wrong place to air them not that many people watch it as much as adult swim and i dont think it will fit in with their other cartoons south park and drawn together

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

,?,':...

Your punctuation escaped your post and fled into mine.