Sonic Community's (number) Most Memorable Moments

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

I'm not going to waste my time with you any further; i'm satisfied that you're ignorant and don't have the balls/brains/care to look into any truth about the place anybody tells you. You got punked one way or another eons ago, leave it behind and get over yourself.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

This just in: as of today, the United States legislature, with full participation from all nine Supreme Court justices, has unanimously moved for a complete revision of the federal judicial system.

Quote California Senator Dianne Feinstein, "We as a society have finally come to terms with the fact that the so-called 'victims' of crimes are really the ones who are bringing everyone else down. Any citizen who would presume to report a wrongdoing transgressed against him, or anyone brazen enough to participate in 'law-enforcement,' would really do well to just get over himself."

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Ah, Kishi, you said it far better than I could.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Considering who's on our supreme count, I find that decision suspiciously ominous.

WiteoutKing

Post by WiteoutKing »

Before I copy/pasta the post I've made at SWS2b and Sonic Retro, sup. I don't think I know most of you, but yeah I'm the guy who came up with the idea for this wacky thing.

And now the c/p

Hey guys. Just figured I'd let you know that I'm going to be closing off the nominations this coming Friday night at 7:00pm EST. That gives you just shy of four days to get your last nominations in before the list is tallied together. Keep coming up with stuff!

Ciao,
Wite

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Did anything in this thread get nominated that wasn't nominated elsewhere? All that was really said was Pachuka getting arrested, then Blaze was told he sucked in several different ways.

WiteoutKing

Post by WiteoutKing »

The Blaze thing was new, yeah. But don't worry about duplicates, when the list comes back around to people to vote yes/no if it should be on the list, duplicates will be shuffled out.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

All that was really said was Pachuka getting arrested, then Blaze was told he sucked in several different ways.
Is it wrong that I want to know all about Pachuka's prison rape?

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Can i be nominated? I'm an attention hungry prick like every other sonic fan with the exception that people listen to what i say.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

FlashTHD wrote:I'm not going to waste my time with you any further; i'm satisfied that you're ignorant and don't have the balls/brains/care to look into any truth about the place anybody tells you. You got punked one way or another eons ago, leave it behind and get over yourself.
Being denied access to what could be considered my "home forum" (ie - the forum I have the most friends at, and the forum I spend the bulk of my time in) for months on end is a touch more than being "punked". Being harassed for months - dare I say even years on end - is considerably more than being "punked". Having a single website shake up nearly an entire community (including the falls of SSRG, and Sonic Area 51 - many of which I had friends at) for even longer is really out of the realm of being "punked" - especially when nobody else is laughing but the jackasses who pulled all that shit in the first place.

This was not some "plastic flower that squirts water" Candid Camera gag. Nor do your vague insults really help defend Sonic-Cult's (and presumably your own) case.

But hey, whatever.

Grant

Post by Grant »

It's weird that there's actually bullying within a community revolving around Sonic the Hedgehog, because if this were a community where we actually interacted physically, I don't think anyone actually could (after all, no one develops any sort of muscle with a life of video games and comic books, I can attest to that).

WiteoutKing

Post by WiteoutKing »

Alright, the nominations are now closed. Everything before this post will be on the voting list and has been compiled. Hopefully I'll have things prepared tonight, we'll see what happens.

EDIT:

THE POLL
http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurv ... c764203754
Please vote only once. Thanks!

Ignore the ad at the end, yes your vote worked.

Now, if you see anything on that list that you want to comment on, you can e-mail me audio or text, if you want it to be put into the ah... "final product", kekeke. Treat it as if you're being interviewed about it if you don't mind.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Decline of SonicHQ
Elaborate, please.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Shadow Hog wrote:
Decline of SonicHQ
Elaborate, please.
You're telling me; it wasn't a pit to begin with?

WiteoutKing

Post by WiteoutKing »

Ey, I didn't nominate that one =P Some of these, I will admit, I can't explain due to not having experience with them.

By the way, something that was mentioned at Sonic Retro:

Don't worry, this is not all for some lame poll, this is Phase II of a three-part project, the last bit of which I think will be enjoyable for all.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I don't know, I don't like the idea of enjoying myself with the recolours and over-hypers. Lack of community spirit maybe, but theres a large difference between certain types of community members.

Suit_Girl

Post by Suit_Girl »

Ah, the good ol' Endgame feud over at alt.fan.sonic-hedgehog. Oh man. I remember getting caught up in that a month or two after #50 came out. During that period of time, EVERYBODY was bitter with eachother. Endgame is to the Sonic community what Joel vs Mike was to the MST3K community.

I hate Archie.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I just hate the fact that one guy is attempting to unite the different sides of the community, they are split for a good resaon.
I mean who the fuck does the guy who started the poll think he is?
Genghis, fucking, Khan?

WiteoutKing

Post by WiteoutKing »

I don't recall saying this was an effort to reunite the community, calm down. I know plenty well about the community sects and why they remain separate.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

:( I'm not on that poll. My E-penis is at a shocking small size. I'm now gonna slit my tears and cry some wrists.

...wait.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

WiteoutKing wrote:I don't recall saying this was an effort to reunite the community, calm down. I know plenty well about the community sects and why they remain separate.
Don't worry, I am calm. I'm just quite suprised that something like this poll has happened. I just don't think one community sould try and negotiate between all the others, it happens a lot on dA (particularly with recolours) and it turned me off the site.
But otherwise, good luck on the poll, maybe there is some community spirit around.

WiteoutKing

Post by WiteoutKing »

Just a bit of a bump, trying to shake some more votes out of people.

We're up to 38 votes now, and the voting is going to end on Monday night, about 80 hours from now. Keep it up! I'm hoping to hit at least 50 votes, but that's up to you guys.

WiteoutKing

Post by WiteoutKing »

Alright, guys, so the polls are closed and all the votes have been tallied up. Now we're getting somewhere =P Here's where you get a chance to have your voice (literally) heard on these. Below this post is a list of the items on the block. If you wish to have your thoughts put into the show's dialogue, then either reply with what you want said* or e-mail me a recording of whatever you want to say. If you act as if you're being interviewed on the subject, the end result will sound more authentic.

* If you wish to have your post TTS'd or read/recorded (aka added into the show), PLEASE make it known in your post. I'm not taking random thoughts that don't say explicitly that they are for the purposes of the show.

In closing (since this will take a little while to complete) I want to thank you all for acting in this project, you've been a huge help. Now let's see what we can rustle up, eh? =P

LIST OF CANDIDATES:

Saxman
LOst
Pachuka
SShadowSuper
Wetflame
Chris Senn
Pachuka gets arrested (2004)
Andy Wolan, letter to the community about SSRG
Simon Wai's return, SWS2B starting
Pachuka posts Andy Wolan's personal info
Qjimbo and Michael Jackson Sonic 3
WiteoutKing vs. dosdemon
Perfect Chaos and Team X
Perfect Chaos as the "master of porting levels"
Simon Wai's Comic 2 Beta
Magus and CulT/SSRG
n00bs in CulT Forums (sharky, Krytus, et al)
Gallery of Dumbasses
Saxman and The Freedom SHaC
Hacking-CulT
CulT Sold? (2004)
CulT watched by the LAPD
SSRG ends
MUFFIN
GHZ starts first "Sonic Encyclopedia"
SHIT opens
Simon leaves, Pelord takes over
TSS and Sonic News = Sonic Stadium News Group
omega13a hacks TSS as a staff member, gets the ban
Return and Fade of The Sonic Foundation
Decline of SonicHQ
Which CulTist Are You?
S2Beta leaves SSRG
Simon decides to hand S2Beta to LocalH (2006)
JohnnyUK and Ultima give SSRG to OrdosAlpha
Mustapha and Co. abuses Digibase access / messes it up pretty bad
The Sarah prank
SClassic and URL issues
Sonic CulT, "because WE'RE better than you"
Sonic Adventure is released
Sonic Heroes is released
Shadow the Hedgehog is released
Sega goes third-party
Sonic X-Treme is cancelled
DUST HILL IS FAKE
PirateBay Xtreme Hoax