PSU updates

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
EspioKaos

PSU updates

Post by EspioKaos »

I'm kind of surprised that no one's posted about this yet.

SonicTeam have set (another!) release date for <i>Phantasy Star Universe</i>. (Let's just hope this one actually sticks.) The Japanese editions of the PS2 and PC versions of <i>PSU</i> are now slated to ship August 31. No word on the 360 version's release date, however. The <a href="http://phantasystaruniverse.com/">official site</a> has been updated to include this information and some new(-ish) movies as well as re-announce the <i>PSU</i> pre-order campaign. The first movie includes a number of new scenes from the game's story mode and features the orchestral theme of the game. The second movie is actually one that was released last year. It shows a number of story mode scenes and features "Save This World," <i>PSU</i>’s vocal theme, sung by Kelli Sae. Finally, the third movie focuses on network mode and shows off a lot of new footage or enemies, vehicles, weapons, etc. About the pre-order campaign, as it was before, by reserving a copy of the game before release, you’ll get a complimentary art book and mini soundtrack.

To go along with these updates, <a href=http://segadirect.jp/Catalog/CustomPage ... Adirect</a> updated their <i>PSU</i> section to include some new items. First is a T-shirt based on Ethan’s Braves Jacket designed by Cubic Star. The shirt is white with green sleeves and neckband. On the chest is a small CS logo. The left sleeve is branded with an S and decorative star while the back of the shirt has a large CS logo. Other new items include the official <i>PSU</i> wireless USB keyboard compatible with the PS2 and any PC running Windows 2000 or XP and a ¥3,000 Net Cash card.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Did they say anything new about editing breasts?

Prophetic_Flame

Post by Prophetic_Flame »

Brazillian Cara wrote:Did they say anything new about editing breasts?
Somehow you would find a way to incorporate breasts into this otherwise breastless conversation. At any rate I doubt that would be something they'd bother to mention on an official update of any sort (unless the source was X-Play related), but have fun looking for some mentions.

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

Breast customisation was one of the first snippets of details we received about PSU I believe. Therefore it's fairly relevant seeing as how nothing's been said since, I know I'd like to hear what the status of it is. Go back to not posting please.

Light Of Illusion

Post by Light Of Illusion »

EspioKaos wrote:you’ll get a complimentary art book and mini soundtrack.
Now I'm interested. I've been in need of some new VG art/music anyway, so maybe I ought to pre-order it...

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Something of interested to you all is that PSU is booked for an October release in Europe this year.

But we all know that won't happen.

Prophetic_Flame

smiths32 wrote:Breast customisation was one of the first snippets of details we received about PSU I believe. Therefore it's fairly relevant seeing as how nothing's been said since, I know I'd like to hear what the status of it is. Go back to not posting please.
Well pardon me for not being all gung-ho about breast mentions when this game has more interesting things going for it.
One Classy Bloke wrote: Something of interested to you all is that PSU is booked for an October release in Europe this year.
That is very interesting indeed, if it is in fact not delayed....kinda makes me wish I lived in Eurpoe.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I'm sorry, what forum did you think you were were posting in?
Also, Cara isn't really known for bein' obsessed with breasts. He likes sprite comics. And go away.

Prophetic_Flame

Locit wrote: Also, Cara isn't really known for bein' obsessed with breasts. He likes sprite comics..
Well thanks for clearing that up Locit.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Prophetic_Flame wrote:
smiths32 wrote:Breast customisation was one of the first snippets of details we received about PSU I believe. Therefore it's fairly relevant seeing as how nothing's been said since, I know I'd like to hear what the status of it is. Go back to not posting please.
Well pardon me for not being all gung-ho about breast mentions when this game has more interesting things going for it.
That's the only thing I'm interested in. It looks like a slightly better Phantasy Star Online to me in almost every regard, with a few things here and there that should've been there the first time around.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Locit wrote:I'm sorry, what forum did you think you were were posting in?
Also, Cara isn't really known for bein' obsessed with breasts. He likes sprite comics. And go away.
Good sprite comics, let that be clear. I'm aware the game has really a lot to offer, I just tought, as Smiths pointed, that it would be interesting (and somewhat amusing) to reference them, since no one talked about it for months.
Now back to topic: what is the point of releasing it to the PS2? I mean, the console's online servers will probably be discontinued (or whatever is the term) in less than two years, at least.

Prophetic_Flame

Brazillian Cara wrote:
Locit wrote:I'm sorry, what forum did you think you were were posting in?
Good sprite comics, let that be clear. I'm aware the game has really a lot to offer, I just tought, as Smiths pointed, that it would be interesting (and somewhat amusing) to reference them, since no one talked about it for months.
Now back to topic: what is the point of releasing it to the PS2? I mean, the console's online servers will probably be discontinued (or whatever is the term) in less than two years, at least.
Well yes that may very well be true, but one would think that will only be so when the PS3 comes out, after they realize that most gamers aren't interested in paying $600 or so for one platform (even if it does look as though it's going to be gorgeous) and drop the price. However if you also include the other new up and coming or in the case of the 360 (already released) consoles, then I see what you mean. However I'd like to think that over all their choice to release this for the PS2 made sense. Plus even once the PS2 haas died out, I doubt the servers will be discontinued in a mere two years...I also happen to be of the opinion that this game is be released for said system to make sure that such doesn't happen....But then again I could be wrong.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Does this game have a US date yet?

EspioKaos

Post by EspioKaos »

So far, it's still set as "Fall 2006" by SEGA of America.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Am I willing to pay $600+ for the chance to customize boobies?

Yes. Oh God, yes.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

There's a game where you can customize boobies on PS3? I only thought there was RIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRR!

Prophetic_Flame

*Eyes widen* Oh dear god, not Ridge Racer.....Well needless to say that brings back memories.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Double-S- wrote:There's a game where you can customize boobies on PS3? I only thought there was RIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRR!
Do tell.

Light Of Illusion

Baba O'Reily wrote:Am I willing to pay $600+
I really hate now expensive the PS3 is going to be. I mean, when promoting it, the guy actually said it was something families would "save up for."

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

600 dollars isn't that much money for a family. I think it is expensive for kids who usually get consoles for Christmas, or for teenagers/college students that don't have much money anyway. I think it is too much money for something whose primary function is playing video games.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Light Speed wrote:600 dollars isn't that much money for a family. I think it is expensive for kids who usually get consoles for Christmas, or for teenagers/college students that don't have much money anyway. I think it is too much money for something whose primary function is playing video games.
Yeah, but almost all consoles are expensive in their release, just wait a few months and is gonna get cheaper.

Light Of Illusion

Light Speed wrote: I think it is expensive for kids who usually get consoles for Christmas, or for teenagers/college students that don't have much money anyway.
Yeah... And I'm stuck in that second catagory. Considering I get paid a whopping $7 weekly, I don't think I'll be getting that any time soon. I mean, there are probably a bunch of illegal immigrants who make more than I do.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Arcade wrote:
Light Speed wrote:600 dollars isn't that much money for a family. I think it is expensive for kids who usually get consoles for Christmas, or for teenagers/college students that don't have much money anyway. I think it is too much money for something whose primary function is playing video games.
Yeah, but almost all consoles are expensive in their release, just wait a few months and is gonna get cheaper.
Yeah, but no successful console has ever costed more than like 300 unless you consider the Saturn a success, then 400. I'd probably say the 360 is going to be a success too, so 400. It will most likely be awhile before they drop the price, but I am sure it will after a year or so. Once they figure out how to properly emulate the PS2 so they can leave the PS2 hardware out of the PS3 they could probably knock off a hundred bucks. What I would think is lame if I hadn't already bought a 360 is that they basically gave Microsoft a great excuse not to lower the price of their console.