What other series could use a "Mega Collection"?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

What other series could use a "Mega Collection"?

Post by Zeta »

Sonic's constantly regurgitating it's older titles on compilations isn't a bad thing, or wouldn't have been if they had done it right. Something combining all the extras and games from Sonic Jam, Mega Collection, Mega Collection Plus, and Gems would've been a great buy.

Anyways, I was just thinking, are there any other franchises that you could think of that might be served through the same treatment? I mean, a good, thoughrough compilation?

EmeraldGuardian

Post by EmeraldGuardian »

Mario, Kirby, Earthworm Jim, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Rayman...

That's all I can think of.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Commander Keen. With sound compatible with newer computers.

Adamis

Post by Adamis »

Rocket Knight/Sparkster, Klonoa...

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Contra, Gex, Treasure.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Wario Land, DK, Broken Sword, Zelda, and ... Seiken Densetsu?

I can't think of too many that beat Sonic in terms of quantity.

Fobhunter

Post by Fobhunter »

EmeraldGuardian wrote:Mario, Kirby, Earthworm Jim, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, Rayman...

That's all I can think of.
All the old fire emblems could definitely use translations.

Zelda already had a collection on GC... minus the game boy games.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Mario. I'm amazed there hasn't been one since All-Stars. Put in all the arcade, NES, SNES, Game Boy and Game Boy Colour games, including spinoffs, and I'd buy it in an instant.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I think Treasure could use a Mega Collection. Just have them release a huge compilation of their games minus the controversial alterations(see Silhouette Mirage) on any of the next-gen consoles. Well, maybe the only things I would add to this hypothetical game would be 4 players in certain games and online capabilities. Imagine, Guardian Heroes with the option to play as all four characters on the screen--online.

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

Ritz wrote:Contra, Gex, Treasure.
There's already a collection of the 3 16 bit Treasure games on PS2, shame they didn't shove in Guardian Heroes and Radiant Silvergun.

It would be quite nice to get a collection of Square's (non-Final Fantasy) 16 bit games (Bahamut Lagoon, Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3, Chrono Trigger and Front Mission). Especially since 3 of those were not released outside of Japan, and only 1 made it to Europe.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

I think a Rare compilation would be... well, superb.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Mario. I'm amazed there hasn't been one since All-Stars. Put in all the arcade, NES, SNES, Game Boy and Game Boy Colour games, including spinoffs, and I'd buy it in an instant.
Problably because it's more profitable for Nintendo to package each one individually with new graphics and sell them that way.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Zeta wrote:Problably because it's more profitable for Nintendo to package each one individually with new graphics and sell them that way.
There could not be more truth contained in this post.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Also so everyone can purchase them on the new Wii 'Vurtual Console'.

Fobhunter

Post by Fobhunter »

^ what a waste. And let's not forget all of the ports of almost every SNES game to the GBA. Nintendo is just as bad as Capcom in terms of milking a game for everything it's worth (think of how many times RE2 was ported)

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Castlevania. There are twenty-two games in the series, with the twenty-third well on its way, and not a single compilation in sight except for a couple meager 3-in-1 and 2-in-1 packages. They could put out two collections with ten games on each and make me very happy.

I also second a Earthworm Jim compilation--if for nothing else, then for the prospect of having the PC versions with their awesome Red Book audio.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I'd want a Toejam and Earl collection sometime in the future. It's only three games.

I'd also like Capcom to make a "Capcom Disney Collection" full of all the Capcom Disney games made on the NES (I don't know if they made any good SNES ones). Chip 'N Dale, Darkwing Duck, and Ducktales, The Little Mermaid, Talespin, and possibly Mickey Mousecapade and Adventures in the Magic Kingdom (I actually used to rent that game a lot back in the day). Chip 'N Dale and Ducktales also had bad sequels, but they should be added in for the sake of completion. Would I buy it? Well, probably not.

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

Poison Eggroll wrote:(I don't know if they made any good SNES ones)
Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse? Thought that was pretty decent, don't know about the two sequels as I've never played them (believe they were all ported to GBA though). And I'm fairly sure people here swear by Goof Troop, which was also for SNES.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Emerald Guardian got it in one with Kirby. The games are so disorganized and muddled as they are; a collection would sort things out a bit.

Also, how about Metroid, Metroid 2, and Super Metroid all in 1? I'd buy it. And Kishi's Castlevania idea is pretty good.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Resident Evil, I suppose.

On a side note, could you change your location, Cara? The way it's stretching out my name is bothering me.

Zarathustra
Douche Banned
Location: The nuclear waste land... Argentina for those not in da Groove

Post by Zarathustra »

Vote for Castlevania, Rocket Knight Adventures, Kaze no Klonoa, and fuck YEAH Treasure.

For the Earthworm Jim one, I would also take in "MDK", "Messiah", "The Neverhood" and "SkullMonkeys", but since the last two are not from Shiny maybe it would be -even more- impossible... Talking about impossible, that two games are pretty hard.

Yes, definetely I still suck at gamez.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

What collection?

Em...Nights?

I know, I know! I'll wait till the "next" Nights which might take Ions

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Professor Machenstein wrote:Commander Keen. With sound compatible with newer computers.
Yeah, we want C.Keen back!

Phantasy star needs one...

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

Phantasy Star has two. One on the Saturn (JAP only) containing the 4 games, appaerantly with some extra features as well (like increased walking speed). And another on the GBA which doesn't have the 4th installment.

A Wonderboy one would be pretty nice, especially since we were denied Monster World IV and I think the Japs missed out on a couple too. You could throw in Alex Kidd as well, although only the first one would be really necessary since the rest are kind of below par.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Baba O'Reily wrote:Resident Evil, I suppose.

On a side note, could you change your location, Cara? The way it's stretching out my name is bothering me.
Is this better?
Now, another series that could use a compilation is Dragon Warrior. I don't care much about the series, but I think the thought has just made a few gamers come.