What other series could use a "Mega Collection"?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Raytracer

Post by Raytracer »

I wish I could have all the r-types in a mega collection. that would simply ROCK. (and I would buy in a snap!)

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

That's so fucking pathetic I think need to go and lie down for a bit.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

What is the point? The only real advantage I can see to a GBA version is the portability(and even that's excluding the mobile phone versions and the Nomad) but that's certainly not enough to make me buy it again.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

That reminds me, I need to get that final emerald on my phone, it's a bitch that you just have to jump through the big ring to get the emeralds though, it makes the game a tad too easy.

I'm pretty glad I still have the first one for the Megadrive though, nothing is quite like the original. It's a bit sad to see Sega go OTT on the collections though.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Gaz wrote:What is the point? The only real advantage I can see to a GBA version is the portability(and even that's excluding the mobile phone versions and the Nomad) but that's certainly not enough to make me buy it again.
At least it's better than when Nintendo was hawking a whole line of ported NES games for twenty bucks a piece a couple years ago.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Kishi wrote:
Gaz wrote:What is the point? The only real advantage I can see to a GBA version is the portability(and even that's excluding the mobile phone versions and the Nomad) but that's certainly not enough to make me buy it again.
At least it's better than when Nintendo was hawking a whole line of ported NES games for twenty bucks a piece a couple years ago.
What's sad is those actually sold fairly well if I remember correctly. I even remember hearing that the Metroid 1 port was outselling Metroid Zero Mission, of all things.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Shadow Hog wrote:So now, you can own <i>Sonic 1</i> on:
  • Genesis
  • Saturn
  • Dreamcast
  • Gamecube
  • PlayStation 2
  • Xbox
  • PC (unofficial emulation notwithstanding; I'm thinkin' SMC+ here)
  • Wii
  • Xbox 360
  • Certain cell phones
  • Game Boy Advance
<a href="http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/25/reliv ... mber/">The PSP too now, it seems.</a>

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Dear God, when do the complimation games end?! The only one I've bought outside of the Gamecube Sonic collections is Mega Man Anniversary Collection, and that's only because I avoided playing Mega Man throughout the entire time I owned a NES. Hell, the only cartidge Mega Man games outisde of Game Boy I've ever seen are Mega Man X and X3.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Dear God, when do the complimation games end?!
When people stop buying them?

IIRC, The Namco Museum games are one of the top selling video game franchise in the U.S.

TailsMcCloud

Post by TailsMcCloud »

Star Fox,Resident Evill and Silent Hell.(Even though I think there might have been a Silent Hill one already.)

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Obviously having Sonic 1 on that many consoles is not overkill if people continue to purchase it. There are still a lot of people who don't own more than one of those systems. For a lot of kids right now, the GBA is the only game-playing device they own.

It's a great, timeless game that deserves to be played by a wide audience for a long time. Every year we get a new crop of children hitting the age where they can play it for the first time, and I somehow doubt that any of them own a Saturn and a copy of Sonic Jam.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

TailsMcCloud wrote:Even though I think there might have been a Silent Hill one already.
Sort of. There's a compilation of 2, 3, and 4 in Europe. But, that's it. And really, there's no need for one; the majority of the games can be played on the PS2 or PC. There's one on the GBA (only available in Japan), and one coming out for PSP next year. There's also SH Experience, which is a sort of media collection for the PSP, but it's not an actual game. Perhaps when the PS4 comes out there will be a need for one.

TailsMcCloud

Post by TailsMcCloud »

Delphine wrote:
TailsMcCloud wrote:Even though I think there might have been a Silent Hill one already.
Sort of. There's a compilation of 2, 3, and 4 in Europe. But, that's it. And really, there's no need for one; the majority of the games can be played on the PS2 or PC. There's one on the GBA (only available in Japan), and one coming out for PSP next year. There's also SH Experience, which is a sort of media collection for the PSP, but it's not an actual game. Perhaps when the PS4 comes out there will be a need for one.
Thats true. There have been many remakes, and not that meny games in the series.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

...there haven't been any remakes at all.

Suit_Girl

Post by Suit_Girl »

I wouldn't mind having a "Mega Collection" of the Lunar series. I remember when I used to get Sega Visions back in the day and everytime one of the Lunar titles for the Sega CD got an article, I wanted to play the games, but unfortunately I didn't have a Sega CD.

I know a few years ago there were PlayStation and GBA ports, but I'd like to see a collection ported to all consoles, maybe with a few other Working Designs titles thrown in.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

The Saturn/PlayStation and GBA Lunar games aren't ports but straight-up remakes, with numerous differences between them in terms of gameplay and plot.

A Lunar collection would be good if it contained the original games as well as their SS/PS remakes. It would be especially justified if it also included the Game Gear game and its Saturn remake, neither of which were ever released outside Japan. Never happen, though.

Suit_Girl

Post by Suit_Girl »

Kishi wrote:The Saturn/PlayStation and GBA Lunar games aren't ports but straight-up remakes, with numerous differences between them in terms of gameplay and plot.

A Lunar collection would be good if it contained the original games as well as their SS/PS remakes. It would be especially justified if it also included the Game Gear game and its Saturn remake, neither of which were ever released outside Japan. Never happen, though.
Yeah. It wasn't until I went to Wikipedia AFTER the fact that I realized that (Also, it's been a while since I've read the article). Still, I'd like to see the originals get a collection release, just so I could finally play them.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

The only collection I'm looking forward to now is Metal Slug Anthology, particularly because it's the first time the series has had one.

Releasing those titles individually on GBA however is stupid and a waste of time.