What other series could use a "Mega Collection"?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Snowboard Kids, ingnoring the recent DS game. I never did get a chance to play Snowboard Kids Plus on PlayStation.

Also, Goemon deserves a collection. Include all the Famicom games, Super Famicom games, the three PlayStation games, and the first two N64 games, and I'd buy it in an instant. They could even throw in the sub-par Game Boy games for all I care.

Fobhunter

Post by Fobhunter »

Kishi wrote:Castlevania. There are twenty-two games in the series, with the twenty-third well on its way, and not a single compilation in sight except for a couple meager 3-in-1 and 2-in-1 packages. They could put out two collections with ten games on each and make me very happy.
This is all I need! If they ever decide to make a collection it better have Dracula X on it.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

I would kill for some sort of Lucasarts adventure game compilation containing the Monkey Island games, Sam and Max, Full Throttle and Grim Fandango.

I wouldn't kill for it, but I'd... uh, seriously injure someone to get my hands on a compilation of the old Shinobi games. The old Genesis ones, maybe even that shitty Saturn one, and I suppose they could throw in the PS2 one since no one bought it when it first came out.
smiths32 wrote:Phantasy Star has two. One on the Saturn (JAP only) containing the 4 games, appaerantly with some extra features as well (like increased walking speed). And another on the GBA which doesn't have the 4th installment.
They were supposed to release a new Phantasy Star compilation of the four PS2 remakes. In Japan each PS remake is being released as part of the Sega Ages series, but some company was supposed to bring them over to the US as part of one big collection.

It was announced awhile ago, and I'm not sure what ever became of it... I'm pretty sure it was quietly cancelled, since I think only the remakes of PS1 and 2 are out in Japan and 3 and 4 might be a ways off. Shame though, they looked interesting.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Concerning Earthworm Jim: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3150981
He's back! And done by the original team at Shiny, no less!

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

It was announced awhile ago, and I'm not sure what ever became of it... I'm pretty sure it was quietly cancelled, since I think only the remakes of PS1 and 2 are out in Japan and 3 and 4 might be a ways off. Shame though, they looked interesting.
Three isn't actually going to be rereleased (probably because of how loosely it's connected to the series). But yeah, I don't think there's been any word on 4 at all, or of any of them coming over here for that matter.

Zarathustra
Douche Banned
Location: The nuclear waste land... Argentina for those not in da Groove

Post by Zarathustra »

I couldn't stop myself of referencing this.

As always, I almost do not agree a fuck with this guy, but sometimes he surely has quite a point or two about it.
Squirrelknight wrote:They were supposed to release a new Phantasy Star compilation of the four PS2 remakes. In Japan each PS remake is being released as part of the Sega Ages series, but some company was supposed to bring them over to the US as part of one big collection.
They're not in "SEGA Classics Collection"? If not, it's a totally worthless shitty collection then.

Timestones

Post by Timestones »

Zarathustra wrote:I couldn't stop myself of referencing this.

As always, I almost do not agree a fuck with this guy, but sometimes he surely has quite a point or two about it.
He may have a point that some of these re-release collections ought to have better (or more) extras to make them more worth buying for those who already owned and played the originals, but finishing unused levels? That's just kind of dumb. I mean, I'm betting there's a reason why they decided to scrap those levels rather than others aside from time constrants. Plus there's the issue of where to stick the "new" levels without disrupting the flow of the game and at the same time not making them look like an afterthought.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

From what I understand, time constraints were the only problem, at least, in Hidden Palace's case. It was supposedly meant to be a secret stage, so it shouldn't interrupt the flow of the game much. Also, a good deal of the stage was completed already, so if they just went with the current template, the quality should be consistent. The same can't be said for any other stages they'd decide to add, but I'm all for something fresh, anyway.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

smiths32 wrote:Phantasy Star has two. One on the Saturn (JAP only) containing the 4 games, appaerantly with some extra features as well (like increased walking speed). And another on the GBA which doesn't have the 4th installment.

A Wonderboy one would be pretty nice, especially since we were denied Monster World IV and I think the Japs missed out on a couple too. You could throw in Alex Kidd as well, although only the first one would be really necessary since the rest are kind of below par.
The last one “Alex kidd in shinobi Worldâ€￾ rulez….

besides it has a enemy that is a parody of mario...

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

Shinobi World's nothing special, better than most of the other ones like, but still pretty mediocre. And it's not the last one muppet, that's "Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle" for Mega Drive.

If your really Nova, then I'm guessing your still stuck on Miracle World, correct?

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Despite being for the Master System, Shinobi World actually came after Enchanted Castle.

Fobhunter

Post by Fobhunter »

People actually like that POS Alex Kidd?

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

Oh, I thought of a compilation I would buy: all the Shining Force and related games from Shining Force 3 and below. I say this mainly for a complete domesticized Shining Force 3, but the other games would be a nice bonus to come with it too. But even if such a thing were released in Japan, I don't even know if it would reach stateside.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I always wondered about that packaging of Shining Force 3. Especially since only part 1 made it here in America.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

The new Bomberman game (not the DS one, a realistic, angsty one) looks so shitty, it should only be released with every other Bomberman game.

I mean What The Fuck?!

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

That realistic Bomberman picture always makes me cry.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

What the...how is that even Bomberman? What happened to giant black lines for eyes, and a white suit with a pink pom pom on the helmet, and...fuck. Why do game developers think these are good ideas?

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

smiths32 wrote:Shinobi World's nothing special, better than most of the other ones like, but still pretty mediocre. And it's not the last one muppet, that's "Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle" for Mega Drive.

If your really Nova, then I'm guessing your still stuck on Miracle World, correct?
Shinobi world was released in the same year as Sonic, if you look at the date of “Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castleâ€￾ it says 1989.

And I ended Miracle world last year....

Shinobi world is fun, if you play in a emulator you may think is short, but only because you will probably abuse of save states.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I'm really just depressed they made a bomberwoman. I think she's supposed to be sexy...

Zarathustra
Douche Banned
Location: The nuclear waste land... Argentina for those not in da Groove

Post by Zarathustra »

Sorry for bumping this thread.
Timestones wrote:He may have a point that some of these re-release collections ought to have better (or more) extras to make them more worth buying for those who already owned and played the originals, but finishing unused levels? That's just kind of dumb. I mean, I'm betting there's a reason why they decided to scrap those levels rather than others aside from time constrants. Plus there's the issue of where to stick the "new" levels without disrupting the flow of the game and at the same time not making them look like an afterthought.
Check out this. Pretty good stuff, it makes an excellent use of the developers' leftovers and then some more.
Really stunning, an even better Sonic 2.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

The 100% custom levels in Sonic 2 Long Version suck, you're better off with Esrael's Sonic 2 Delta. Unless, of course, S2LV uses the same stages from Delta. Can't recall, it's been too long since I've played it.

Madamluna

Post by Madamluna »

I would love to have an Aero Fighters Mega Collection, with 1, 2, 3, and the English version of Sonic Wings Limited/Special that got released in Europe. I've wanted to play that for ages, but I don't want to have to buy a PAL PS2 just for it (and Gregory Horror Show: Soul Collector).

Ritz
Shit Twizzler

Post by Ritz »

A Clockwork Knight avatar? I love you now. Welcome to the GHZ, you're an exemplary member and it is a pleasure to have you here.

Everyone, say hello to Madamluna. She has a Clockwork Knight avatar, see.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Hello, Madamluna.

I want a Panzer Dragoon Collection. Yes I do.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Whatever happened to your Dragoon Lagoon, Pop?