Sonic 2006

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Espio

Sonic 2006

Post by Espio »

Sonic Team is really bussy this year, with Sonic The Hedgehog on its way to PS3 & Xbox 360, Sonic Wild Fire on Nintendo's WII, and Sonic Rivals on the PSP.
But Sega has yet to announce something new for the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and DS.
On Sega's European site's E3-special, something is revealed everyday during E3.
(http://www.sega-europe.com/en/Homepage.htm)
Sonic will be announced on saturday. (friday for the US, since you are behind us in time and space)
What do you think? Anything new for the last four consoles? And What?

Sonic Adventure Collection for the PS3, & Xbox, or maybe Shadow The Hedgehog 2 (oh no...) on GC?
Sonic DS 2 'the lost levels' on DS? :smile:
Last edited by Espio on Thu May 11, 2006 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

I'm confused. Where does it say SEGA will announce a Sonic game for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, Gamecube and DS? The icon with Sonic's face at the bottom of the site looks like it came from SONIC the Hedgehog. If your claims are correct, I hope the game is Sonic Rush 2, now on both the DS and consoles. =P

Espio

Post by Espio »

I know, its just a non-active picture of sonic, that will be revealed on saturday. But Sega has already announced three games, so maybe this is a fourth one... -or maybe just more info on the already announced games.
So the ball was; what do you think?

Professor Machenstein

Re: Sonic 2006

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Espio wrote:But Sega has yet to announce something new for the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and DS.
I read that part wrong. I read it as if SEGA is scheduled to reveal something for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, Gamecube and DS. You were just saying SEGA has not announced anything for those consoles yet. Whoops.

I doubt the Sonic icon will lead to a new announcement. It is likely for Sonic 2006.

Espio

Post by Espio »

Ok, sorry, but i'm norwegian, so my english is not perfect...yet...:wink:

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

It's probably Riders 2.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Riders 2's existence will only be justified by easy online play, since it's so damn hard to get your friends to understand it.

Does this sound familiar?

"Whatever. Let's just play it, I'll figure it out."

[90 seconds later]

"Why the hell is he running instead of boarding? Why does it say 'PIT'? This game sucks!"

EDIT: I like Espio's idea for an Adventure collection, but I think it's too soon. I'd forecast on the generation after next we'll get a "Sonic Complete", with all the Genesis titles, pre-Dreamcast one-offs (including the "Gems"), and SA1 through Heroes, any other miscellaneous games (Pocket Adventure, the Game Gear titles, etc)... alright, Shadow for completion's sake.

Probably a more marketable package if S06 truly does bring Sonic back to a state of glory.

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

If they do, for some coked-up reason, choose to do that, they'll hopefully save it for the 20th anniversary, when that type of thing will be more practical, and the Generation Eight consoles come out.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

There are two games left. It's just Chromehounds and what looks to be the render for Sonic Next Gen...

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Hahahah! I hope it's Riders 2, that'd be funny.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

It's turned out to just be Sonic next gen, which was expected. All hope for Rush 2 to be announced now is gone until a later date, fairly disappointing as I thought great things could've been accomplished if they evolved upon the design with longer levels (with less pits), more varied level themes and boss fights that are actually fun to play.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

I can formally say that Super Monkey Ball Adventure is the last game Sega is releasing for the NGC. I don't believe there are any more Xbox games due for release from Sega either.

Espio

Post by Espio »

It's turned out to just be Sonic next gen, which was expected. All hope for Rush 2 to be announced now is gone until a later date, fairly disappointing as I thought great things could've been accomplished if they evolved upon the design with longer levels (with less pits), more varied level themes and boss fights that are actually fun to play.
Really sad, and even with less information about the game then we already have been shown this week...

Zarathustra
Douche Banned
Location: The nuclear waste land... Argentina for those not in da Groove

Post by Zarathustra »

Man, I know Sonic Riders 2 was announced almost simultaneously with the 1st one, but calm down, so much Sonic products will probably end in low sales/ expectation of each one compared of what can be done with less titles at a given time. Also, it would be like SR2 was made in half a year or so. Patience

foxboy666

what's with silver?

Post by foxboy666 »

what's with silver? who is he and where did he came from?

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

He was a creation of Sega to serve for plot purposes in the game, albeit poorly as he is yet another hedgehog.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Sonic and/or Shadow's son from the future traveled back in time.

Well, not officially, but it seems fairly obvious that's where they're going with it.