Bitter Nintendo tears

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Mario's been roboticized is what he looks like.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

So, everyone's favorite plumber is making a cameo in the new Bomberman game?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

The Mario Strikers artwork is fantastic. I'd be horrified if it ever became the primary "look" for the Mario cast, but for Strikers alone it's a great choice. I wish every Mario spin-off got an equally unique visual art style -- like Strikers or Paper Mario or the Superstar games -- instead of just continuously regurgitating that horrible lifeless CG Mario model.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Well if Mario offical artworks you want, then check out the new artwork for the upcoming Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 from this German Nintendo fansite.

examples:

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

The second one with Robo Mario with the two mallets is too darn cute for words.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

IGN's latest preview for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz hints that Sonic may be a playable character in the game.
Interestingly enough, there were two new selectable characters in the demo besides the monkeys, but they haven't been announced just yet so we cannot reveal them here at this point. However, you can probably guess them for yourselves...how many SEGA mascots can you think of that would fit into this game well?
That doesn't necessarily mean Sonic but it seems plausible seeing as Aiai was playable in Sonic Riders.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Fascinating...

!
^Nintendo Expects T Rating for Twilight Princess

Game Informer had a word with NOA's localizing team for their September issue
"the game to get a T rating because of the more realistic graphics, so because of that you may see scenes and situations in the game that wouldn't have fit in a game like Wind Waker."
However this concerned me
With Twilight Princess, the depth of story and its connections to past games means not only does it have twice the text as Wind Waker, but it includes a fair number of legacy terms that originate in past games, so consistency is a big focus there," Trinen noted. "We've also been given the opportunity to provide a lot of input on everything from play control to character design, so over time our role has grown from simply localizing the Zelda games to almost being a branch of the development team itself.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Looks like Mario has his own castle now, about time!

M.C.Dillinger
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

To bad the princess is in another castle.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Mario had his own castle in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Crazy Penguin wrote:Mario had his own castle in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins.
DOH!

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

So when is Nintendo going to go the extra mile & give us a Mario RTS?

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Goomba Rush ke ke ke

Dash

Post by Dash »

SEGA Virtual Console stuff:
The ESRB has updated their website with seven Sega Genesis Virtual Console games for the Wii. The following is the list of games:

Altered Beast
Ecco The Dolphin
Columns
Golden Axe
Ristar
Sonic the Hedgehog
Toe Jam & Earl
Source

Altered Beast aside this is a great start for VC Genesis games. I am especially suprised with the inclusion of TJ&E and Ristar as those are pretty much cult favorites but I'm not complaining.

Fucking Ristar man. YES

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Too bad the Altered Beast beast 3D game development was canceled and then they released the incomplete game as a full game. The GBA versión was good?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Nintendo's Japan announcement should've started by, like, four minutes ago. Admittedly, all this info will largely impact Japan more than us, but even still I hope there's some cool crap here.

For the record, the US announcement is at 9AM EST tomorrow.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Apparently the Wii launch details have been revealed.

US release is November 19th for $250. The console also comes packaged with Wii Sports. Japanese launch is December 2nd. Still no confirmation about the European launch yet but rumour seem to suggest it will be about mid-December. The European conference is tomorrow though.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Ehh, $200 for the Wii would've been the sweet spot for me, but $250 still seems reasonable for me. I'm still completely indifferent and bored with the next-gen of consoles, but as far as I'm concerned, the Wii seems infinetly more interesting than the others... While I do plan on getting a 360 and PS3 eventually (y'know, once some good games come out for them,) the Wii still seems like the only one to offer something new beyond "millions of enemies at once!" or "It's World War 2! Again! But bump-mapped!"

I'll buy one at lauch, if only for Zelda, maybe Rayman, and the system's (probably unused) potential to do something genuinely new.

M.C.Dillinger

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

It can edit photos you know...
!

CE

Post by CE »

Nintendo has brought back the pack-in game. YAY! I miss having a good, system defining game bundled with the system. The previews of Wii Sports have me kinda scared. Will Wii Sports end up as defining as Super Mario Bros?

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

A line-up video is online. But be warned: it takes more than a while to load up.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wi ... ineup.html

I think the graphics look less than impressive, but other than that, sounds more promising than the other two consoles would ever hope to be.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

The most interesting game in that video to me is the puzzle one shortly before Prime 3 is shown, I don't have a clue what it is but that type of game seems really promising on the system.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

<i>Kororinpa</i> is what I get on GameSpot.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

The European machine will launch on December 8, bundled with Wii Sports for £179.

The price isn't too bad - it's certainly better than the £199 that most magazines were predicting.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

M.C.Dillinger wrote:It can edit photos you know...
!
Gimp too and you can download it for free...