Bitter Nintendo tears

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
CM August

Post by CM August »

Why couldn't they copy Mario, Princess Toadstool and King Koopa while they were at it? I could actually tolerate those voices.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Come to think of it, the voice casting for that show was pretty damn good. Especially for Bowser and Princess Toadstool (who sounded a lot more spoiled and bitchy than Peach, although most of the time she was just sort of annoyingly bemused by both the Mario Bros and Bowser's antics).

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I don't know if anyone else has been watching the New Super Mario Bros. Podcasts but the latest one is an interview Mario. Let's just say that I'm happy that so far Nintendo has avoided including full voice acting in a Mario game.
The first Mario vs. Donkey Kong game was decent, so I hope for refined gameplay all around.
I liked the original Mario Vs Donkey Kong(it's one of my favourite GBA games) and I'm looking forward to the sequel but from what I've read it's supposed to be more of a Lemmings style game than a platformer. I'm still interested but I'm a little disappointed they've chosen to take the series in that direction.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Nintendo should've released this trailer of brawl also:Beta Footage
Last edited by Wooduck51 on Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Like this, but with BBCode enabled:

[url=http://www.google.com]Google[/url]

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

So, uh, there's some info about the Wii's Super Monkey Ball on Sega's site.

Well, I'm not too impressed so far. The art style isn't particularly appealing, the new minigames look like throbbing ass, and I don't like the idea of having bosses between worlds in Puzzle mode; something like that would completely interrupt the flow of the game, and I can't see them being much fun, anyway.

Also, bosses are a platformer thing. I really don't like how the series seems to be edging towards the platformer genre indefinitely. I mean, it's fine for a single spinoff title, but it just doesn't suit the series as a whole. It's charm stemmed from it's puzzle aspect alone (Along with a few of the minigames), it doesn't need battles and storylines.

Oh, and what the hell is up with Baby's cyber-goggles?

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

The boxart for Mario Vs Donkey Kong 2 has been revealed. Looks OK I guess but nowhere near as good as the GameBoy Donkey Kong boxart.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

But then, what does?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

It's pretty good, but I wish they'd stop drawing DK's limbs as a bunch of connected ovals. He only ever looked like that because of the crappy and severely dated mid 1990s style CG art. Same with the beady eyes and rubbery brow. They should be allowed to break free from that, especially when they're using flat art work.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Personally, I'm just hoping Nintendo wakes up someday and realizes fans want Mario in his original costume. The red overalls are overdue for a return.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Amazing Grant wrote:Personally, I'm just hoping Nintendo wakes up someday and realizes fans want Mario in his original costume.
They do? Blue denim overalls make so much more sense.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Yeah, I like his blue overalls.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

I'm kind of surprised it didn't occur to anyone, when they originally made Mario, that it would make more sense if they swapped the colors.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

His overalls were blue in the original Donkey Kong. He was red and brown in SMB1 prolly due to the limited pallette.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

He was red and blue in the original Donkey Kong, but it was red overalls, blue shirt.

Grant

Post by Grant »

I was kidding, you know.

Also eliminate Mario's brown hair! His mustache is black, why is his hair brown? All black or Nintendo gets a smack, I always say.

Madamluna

Post by Madamluna »

Amazing Grant wrote:I was kidding, you know.

Also eliminate Mario's brown hair! His mustache is black, why is his hair brown? All black or Nintendo gets a smack, I always say.
Wow, I can't believe I never noticed that until you mentioned it. Now I can never un-notice it and I really wish they'd make his hair black or his mustache brown or SOMETHING.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Yeah, that is weird. I always just assumed his mustache was brown because I knew his hair was brown. Funny I assumed that considering his mustache is far more visible than his hair.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

... I wonder what color Mario's pubes are.

Now try to get that image out of your head.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Facial hair isn't always the same colour as your actual hair. I've even known people with jet black hair and ginger beards. It's pretty funny.

Grant

Post by Grant »

For some reason, that seems to be a common occurrence (dark hair and red beard). One chum of mine unfortunately had an odd mix of dark and red hairs in his beard and it looked like a silly pirate leopard beard.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

When I have the facial hair in full force I am Red Beard, so Mario's hair discrepencies don't strike me as that odd.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Weird. My beard is redder, too, although not SUPER red. (But then, my hair isn't super dark.)

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

For anyone hoping for a Mario/Final Fantasy crossover game it's finally happened(sort of). It seems the DS Mario Basketball game features Final Fantasy characters. Thankfully, none of them are from FFVII for once.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

That's super weird. I'm kind of stuck between "Thank God, it's not a cameo from Link or Pikachu" and "...but, Final Fantasy? I mean, what? What the hell?".