Bitter Nintendo tears

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Oh man! I laughed SO hard when Snake showed up in the new Smash Bros trailer:

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

I hope this means other 3rd party characters will be showing up!

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I really hope sonic shows up now. I'm excited about snake being in it but I feel kind of cheated seeing as there was no established rivalry between him and Mario. It's not that I don't like snake but we've been waiting for sonic to be in this game forever. (at least I have since that dumb EGM joke).

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

The new Smash Bros. is looking pretty snazzy. It's nice to see Wario, Meta Knight, and Pit (Kid Icarus) finally make an appearance.

Also,

SamASS!
Last edited by plasticwingsband on Wed May 10, 2006 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

I'm glad they didn't doll Samus up in tons of makeup to match what she looked like in Zero Mission. And I'm about as excited about Pit's appearance as I am about Snake's; until now, the poor kid has been consistently left out of even the most indulgent of Nintendo's nostalgia fests. Now all we need is Little Mac and Mike Jones.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Melee was a killer game and a quantum leap over the N64 game, though it was so big a leap that I have a hard time seeing how much farther Smash Bros. can evolve. It's nice to see that they aren't fiddling with what already works so well and that this is the first Revolution game to not go out of its' way to incorporate Nintendo's wacky idea of innovation, but it's a little dissapointing that the gameplay doesn't appear to have changed much in any way.

Also, can you imagine that guy who screams out the game's title shouting "SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAAAAAWWWWWLLL"? Not the best choice for a title when you think about it.

Anyhow, the screens are gorgeous and the new fighters are genius additions to the cast (+10,000 points for Wario in his Wario Ware getup). Mode details next, please.

CE

Post by CE »

The transition to higher quality models and textures was hi-la-ri-ous.

Mario gets higher detail overalls.
Link gets a complete makeover.
Pikachu gets black spots on his ears.
Kirby gets confused.

Anon

Post by Anon »

Damnit, beat me to it.

Besides Sonic, I'm hoping that Bomberman shows up; he'd fit in perfectly in Smash Bros. Besides, Wario vs. Bomberman (Wario Blast) done right, damnit.
Now all we need is Little Mac and Mike Jones.
I was hoping for Little Mac along with King Dedede. Everyone else that I called showed up (Wario, Pit and Meta Knight).

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I hope that the Nintendog isn't going to feature too much in the game. I can imagine a lot of fury from all parties when the fucker gets in the way.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

I hope Nintendo & Konami throw in Captain N & Simon Belmont so we can finally have an N Team reunion.

Oh, & Mega Man too, 'cause lord knows Capcom would crossover with anyone these days.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

plasticwingsband wrote:Also,

SamASS!

Found something better:

Also the trailer gets me giddy as a young school girl. Suddenly, I want to play a next-gen Kid Icarus game.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

If Snake is here, I hope theres a chance our Hedgehog is in...I HOPE.

And then I'll kick everyones asses with him online!! but its funny that the reason Snake is there is because Hideo Kojima begged for it...will Naka beg for Sonic? :twisted:

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

No, he will not.

I must say, though, I'm surprised that Snake is going to be in this. Plus, a rocket launcher? The fuck? Also, will they include his Stealth as a Down+B attack? Oh, the possibilities!

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

Baba O'Reily wrote:No, he will not.
But wait, wasn't there an article that confirmed Naka was interested in seeing Sonic featured in Melee but it didn't happen due to the game already being too far along in development before a deal was hammered out?

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

NAKA & SONICTEAM = UNPREDICTIBLE

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Psxphile wrote:
Baba O'Reily wrote:No, he will not.
But wait, wasn't there an article that confirmed Naka was interested in seeing Sonic featured in Melee but it didn't happen due to the game already being too far along in development before a deal was hammered out?
Pretty much the same story they gave for Snake.

BTW, it's amazing how far into denial the anti-3rd parties people still are.

Nintendo of Japan's site is asking people what they want for characters, stages & music. If you can read Japanese here you go: http://www.smashbros.com/jp/toukou/index.html

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Translation, PLEASE.
Also, I heard somewhere that Nobuo Uematsu composed the opening theme. Can someone confirm this?

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Yeah, but just the opening theme. Would have been interesting if they talked him into more than that. What suprised me was that there are lyrics - I would have preferred none since Melee's theme was badass on its' own.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

What are you talking about! the choir is badass man!

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Here's some instructions on how to vote (complete with shoddy translations)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71282

& this guy will apparently take you requests & post them in the native tounge.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71301

Do me a favor & add Captain N to whatever list you have thought up. He needs all the help he can get. Oh, & the Star Wolf theme. Nobuo could turn it into the single greatest piece of music ever.

Zarathustra
Douche Banned
Location: The nuclear waste land... Argentina for those not in da Groove

Post by Zarathustra »

6 hundred bux? These guys really deserve death (and they were my safest bet at next-gen domination)

Also, for the three-dimensional controller tech:

Also note the rip to the Dreamcast/ XBOX/ XBOX 360 analog triggers... "we have it all and a kung-fu arts master lizard doll for only an $28 extra".

EDIT: Only good thing still standing, no region-coded games. So we can import Sonic games for 100 bux and hear princesses speaking jap.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Poor Prince. The Katamari series is over and now you've been reduced to appearing in some shitty Mario-Kart clone(Pac-Man World Rally):

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Poor Prince. The Katamari series is over and now you've been reduced to appearing in some shitty Mario-Kart clone(Pac-Man World Rally):

You're kidding me. Poor guy. That said, I'm kinda glad they ended the Katamari Series. I mean, how long before rolling random objects get tedious? I rather a small series of games then ongoing ones where it's charm and wit have left years ago.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I think it would be cool if they had a Katamari stage with all the blocky characters and graphics. Of course, even that wouldn't convince me to buy that Pac-man kart game....

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

They haven't ended the Katamari series. The creator has said he and his staff won't be making any more, but Namco will almost certainly make some without them.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Poor Prince. The Katamari series is over and now you've been reduced to appearing in some shitty Mario-Kart clone(Pac-Man World Rally)
I thought that game WAS a Mario Kart/Namco crossover.