Anyone got some back issues of Gamefan?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Saturnman

Anyone got some back issues of Gamefan?

Post by Saturnman »

If so, do you also have access to a digicam and a scanner as well? I need a favor.

I used to have many issues of Gamefan, but threw them all away the last time I moved. Maybe I should have kept some of them after all...

Anyway, what I need is actually image samples of the comic strips featured in the first years. I sorta remember the crude inking and darkish Photoshop coloring, but not enough to replicate it from memory. The quality doesn't even have to be good, I just a need a reminder of the general look.

Aside from examples of how the comics were drawn, colored and frames were arranged, I need a couple shots specifically of certain characters, such as Postmeister (he was everywhere, shouldn't be hard to find), E Storm, Nick Rox, Klee and a few of the more obscure ones like Aoi Tsuki and Eggo. I think some of them were not in the comics (at all?), and just featured in previews/reviews which could complicate the search.

I don't expect to get everything there, but I'll take all the ressource material I can get. :)

If you don't know where to host the scans/photos, use http://www.imageshack.us . Keep it under 1000kb per image and you should have no problem uploading anything.

I also welcome any side discussions about Gamefan in this topic. It's doubtful the mag left anyone indifferent. :wink:

Saturnman

Post by Saturnman »

I guess not. :lol:

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

It is kind of an odd request. Didn't hurt to ask though.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Are you looking for the really early stuff or the stuff from later? Because I've got some that are so early they look like they were colored in marker.

What are you planning exactly?

Psxphile

Post by Psxphile »

I've got a pretty good selection of newer issues and a spotty collection of the older books.

Looks like you're covered.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Most of my GameFans are from 1997-2000. Pat Spaziante did some pretty good stuff for them during that era, but it's not really classic GameFan, and most of his art was printed at such a small size that a scan wouldn't do it any justice anyway.

Saturnman

Post by Saturnman »

I'm looking for the early stuff, that's the comic-strips from Terry Wolfinger published around 1993-95 and some editor portraits (Klee...). I think Wolfinger is a talented artist, but he didn't put much effort into it during his Gamefan stint. Anyway, it's the art most people recognize.

I actually prefer the art from Pat Spaziante, but aside from a few editor portraits, there's not much I need from him.

The reason for my unusual request is that I know where many former Gamefan editors hang out so there is an opportunity to draw something, just for the heck of it. But first I need to gather up ressource material and see what I can do with it.

You know it’s amazing. There’s not much to find in terms of image search about Gamefan except for some low-res scan of some covers. There’s more stuff about Johnny Turbo.